"Dear Sarah:.." (Excerpts, From A Column For Bubblheads)

I didn't say he did invent the war on terror for people to vote for him

So how do you interpret this:

Invent the war on terror to take over from communism as the bete noir to scare Americans into voting for more war and the removal of civil rights?

I said he did it to get people voting for war and the removal of civil liberties.

So letting the Taliban keep its power in Afghanistan is not a removal of civil liberties?

I thought I made myself quite clear on that.

Bush wrecked the US' international reputation.

The media had such a negative view on the US through the Bush years because he's a Republican, and there's no secrecy in stating that mainstream media is controlled by people far left politically.

Werbung:
The US armed and supported the Taliban

Sorry, are the Taliban bad today??

What day is it?

It is so confusing trying to keep up with the US morals

The US armed and supported the Taliban

Yes, they DID. But they aren't anymore.

Sorry, are the Taliban bad today??

What day is it?

It is so confusing trying to keep up with the US morals

I see you're a fan of irony. ;) You're absolutely right, what the US did a couple of decades ago is not something to defend. But my question still stands, you said that Bush removed civil liberties. But removing the Taliban from power in Afghanistan, isn't that rather implementing these liberties?

Bush has not removed the Taliban and the war is not to set anyone free.

It is to get easy access to the Caspian oil fields.

The Taliban was the same ghastly organisation when the US helped it to power.

It is to get easy access to the Caspian oil fields.

The Taliban was the same ghastly organisation when the US helped it to power.

Yep, just as it was when Clinton gave them 2 billion dollars while knowing that they were protecting al Queda.

And you are going to love this article about the Clinton plan to get oil from the Caspian in 1997.

http://wws.princeton.edu/research/cases/pipeline.pdf

you said that Bush removed civil liberties. But removing the Taliban from power in Afghanistan, isn't that rather implementing these liberties?
I know this wasn't directed at me but allow me to jump in with a quick point: I am an American & did not want to lose some of my liberties so that the Afghans can have them instead. We have no business being in either Afghanistan or Iraq anymore...& really had no business invading Iraq in the first place. (except to settle a Bush family feud with Saddam H. & to help Exxon-Mobil's bottom line)

Isn't that funny. Bush invaded Afghanistan in 2001 - Taliban lost their governing power in Afghanistan 2001. Funny. :)

I know this wasn't directed at me but allow me to jump in with a quick point: I am an American & did not want to lose some of my liberties so that the Afghans can have them instead. We have no business being in either Afghanistan or Iraq anymore...& really had no business invading Iraq in the first place. (except to settle a Bush family feud with Saddam H. & to help Exxon-Mobil's bottom line)

Totally understandable. But people tried to take your liberty away before this invasion, the 9/11 attacks before both Iraq and Afghanistan was a symbol of that. Bush didn't steal American liberty, he defended it.

Oh I didn't know the war was over in Afghanistan.

Maybe someone should tell Obama.

Your argument is ridulous.

Millions of Iraqis lives have been wrecked by Bush and hundreds of millions of Americans can now be arrested and imprisoned without trial, tortured etc.

If you think that is increasing civil liberties you are mad

Oh I didn't know the war was over in Afghanistan.

Maybe someone should tell Obama.

Your argument is ridulous.

Millions of Iraqis lives have been wrecked by Bush and hundreds of millions of Americans can now be arrested and imprisoned without trial, tortured etc.

If you think that is increasing civil liberties you are mad

Then I'm mad. :)

What exactly is your definition of civil liberties? Isn't protecting women and given them the opportunity to walk out their front doors in the morning without being gassed to death by militant islamists, just that, implementing civil liberties?

http://web.mit.edu/humancostiraq/

Tyr this for starters.

Obviously you won't accept anything that does not support your witless views that you never prove.

The difference between my views and yours is that mine at least can be proved.

See how you lie again? I have consistently asked you for proof on many topics, and you never have it. Just more BS like you did here.

From your article:

While reports of civilian war deaths in 2009 were down to the lowest level since the U.S. invasion nearly seven years ago, they remain significant. Iraq Body Count, the U.K.-based NGO that uses press reports to count civilians killed by violence, had the number at just under 4,500 for 2009. This number, which does not count what the Multi-National Force labels as insurgents, nor security forces or deaths that result from war but not direct violence, misses whatever is not reported in what remains of English-language news media in Iraq. Even so, nearly 5,000 deaths are more than have been recorded for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in toto or for Northern Ireland's long conflict.

The fresh concerns have to do with the re-emergence of Sunni Arab violence in Anbar and continuing turmoil in Mosul and Kirkuk, much of which appears to be sectarian. Anxiety about U.S. withdrawal is also apparent. The numbers of displaced remain remarkably high. The acquittal by a U.S. judge of gunmen from Blackwater, the American security contractors who apparently murdered 17 civilians, angers Iraqis and has stirred the prime minister to an investigation. As a coalition of churches, Act Alliance, recently put it, "In 2009, the situation has improved, but remains volatile. . . A large majority of people is suffering direct consequences from war and sectarian violence.

Now, I will again ask you to prove that millions of Iraqis lives have been wrecked by Bush and hundreds of millions of Americans can now be arrested and imprisoned without trial, tortured etc.

Now, try again you lying fool.

Yes, these are the deaths that continue after the war had allegedly ended in success

And Diamond, the US will limp out of Afghanistan and the Taliban will return to power.

Werbung:
It was always going to happen.

The Russians couldn't win from next door.

The US couldn't win in 'Nam and they won't win in 'Stan.

Bush couldn't, Obama won't - face it - the US has bitten off more than it can chew.

No wonder it is terrified of a stronger state getting nukes.

My god, they could actually fight back and the US would have to invent some other way of destabilkisng them to steal their oil.

Diamond, you are a sucker.

Back