Did Jesus commit suicide?

Werbung:
I'm curious, do you consider yourself an Atheist or an Anti-Theist?
I am a rejector of fable as truth.

Just as you don't put any faith and trust in Poseidon, Kali, or Thor, I likewise don't put any faith or trust in Christian myths.

I have no problem with God, it's the crap in the Bible that gives me the creeps.

How do you understand God if you think the bible is crap?

If Christians actually followed the six most important words in the Bible, then there would be no problem, but they don't.

I'm curious as to which six words you are referring to.

Notice that I don't comment on Islam, as yet they have done nothing to me.

Really? Must not have any friends in NYC, or Washington D.C., or PA. How many close acquaintances do you have in the military? Been to the airport lately? All belief structures are abused by those who wish to gain from them. Islam is no different.

But to be honest, you give me far more credit than I do. I only claim that the concept of God can be studied, rationally. Is God limited? How'd humanity turn out--His crowning achievement in creation? I'd think it was a self-obvious answer. :rolleyes:

So why do you think an all-powerful God would allow humanity to exist in our current condition?

Does this mean you will not, or that you cannot, answer my question?
I thought I just did.

Was I only supposed to choose one of your two options?

You should include the rules next time... "You must answer either A or B! There will be no straying from the choices I have defined!"

Why do you think God is only the property of Christians and the Bible?

I'm a scientist, so I question. When someone claims to both "have no problem with God" while stating they think the bible is crap (or words to that effect), I ask why? Taking this as my stated belief that God is the sole property of Christendom is an assumption.

I thought I just did.

Was I only supposed to choose one of your two options?

You should include the rules next time... "You must answer either A or B! There will be no straying from the choices I have defined!"
Very well, what term would you say is defined by : "One who is a rejector of fable as truth" ?

How is that clear when it isn't actually what was written? Oh well, you never claimed that the Bible was literal truth, so I shouldn't argue too much if you add a little creative spin to it.

But... I wonder....

Why didn't God just erase his mistake when he had the chance early on? Adam and Eve screwed up royally, but for some reason, instead of starting over, God decided to continue playing a bad hand. That poor choice became apparent quite quickly when Cain slew Abel, and then went downhill from there. Soon God decides to wipe out every creature on the Earth in the Flood. Since this should have been something an omniscient being would have known beforehand, what was the point of letting it proceed after that original sin?

Christians see this as the fault of Adam and Eve, while I see it clearly as the fault of God. How do you rationalize that a perfect, all-knowing creator could make so many mistakes?

It seems pretty clear to me. The Creator calls Himself our Father and says we are His children.

They were both as inocent as people can be, just like little children, why would he speak to them in any other way?

Why didn't The Creator erase the mistake? What good would that do? Why do you think either of them would have learned from someone covering up their mistake?

As for thinking The Creator is at fault for letting this all go on, that is your right.

I guess we could kill our kids as soon as we know we have conceived them if we think they wont come out perfect. Oh wait! We already do, I think the proper term is abortion.

I see it more like this. He is showing us that no matter what bad things we do or how much we screw up, things can be fixed over time and He doesnt give up on us and we should not give up on eachother.

By the way you are not being hard on me :) You seem very nice actually and at least to me, respectful. Thank you!

Very well, what term would you say is defined by : "One who is a rejector of fable as truth" ?
Do you believe in Thor? If not, why not? Whatever answer you give would probably be similar as why I don't believe in the Christian's version of Thor.

I believe that people call him that.

But if I meet him, and he asks, I'll call him that too.

Yes for you I guess you would have to say people call Him that.

For someone who believes scripture they believe that He called Him self That.

I like your answer very much by the way. Its not at all mean spirited like some people might reply, and open minded :)

I dont think Gen was asking you if you were a christian by the way. If you re read his question he is asking something else all together

Do you believe in Thor? If not, why not? Whatever answer you give would probably be similar as why I don't believe in the Christian's version of Thor.

I didn't ask if you believed in God and if not why... But it appears that is the question you answered...

"I am a rejector of fable as truth"

Apparently, your answer only applies to religion, because you certainly believe in fairytale Utopias where Government and Politics are concerned.

I'm curious, do you consider yourself an Atheist or an Anti-Theist?
I didn't ask if you believed in God and if not why... But it appears that is the question you answered...

I was probably thrown off by that word-part "theist".

the⋅ism – noun

1. the belief in one God as the creator and ruler of the universe, without rejection of revelation (distinguished from deism ).

2. belief in the existence of a god or gods (opposed to atheism ).

Pardon me, for my confusion.

Werbung:
I believe that people call him that.

But if I meet him, and he asks, I'll call him that too.

I commend you on your openness to accepting reality if it turns out other than you expect. I guess us theists wouldn't be able to say anything similar, since to be faced with absolute death versus an afterlife will likely leave us speechless.

Back