Did Jesus commit suicide?

The painful part would knowing that it wasn't necessary, God makes all the rules so He could have forgiven everybody without Jesus getting nailed up. It's a silly myth and one not worthy of a real God, but it's very much like many stories in the Bible that make God out to be a monstrous deity.

Werbung:
The painful part would knowing that it wasn't necessary, God makes all the rules so He could have forgiven everybody without Jesus getting nailed up. It's a silly myth and one not worthy of a real God, but it's very much like many stories in the Bible that make God out to be a monstrous deity.

Isnt there always a price for what we do?
always a consequence

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Were there no consequence for our actions, were there no price to pay
there would be no order and life would be chaos from birth to death.

Do we not accept on a human level that there are consequences for our actions? Isnt that what we teach our own children? Why would our Heavenly Father be so irresponsible not to teach us something we mortals teach our own children?

But it makes for great drama for those who need some serious emotional things to focus on instead of the realities of everyday life...just give them an emotionally charged collection of short stories with enough sad gotcha moments to keep them entertained and on the edge of their seats...toss in enough parable's to keep them confused and in constant need of further repetitive reassurance and éclaircissement and you have a book that will never run out of a need to be reprinted!

And those 'MEN' took it all for granted...the all time NO#1 best seller that has more translations/sparked more wars/divided more humans/provided more Evangelist with mega money making ideologies and the methods to control the masses/make the POPE greater then any other nations leaders...WOW

Perhaps if we use an example that liberals can understand

Obama is like Jesus in reverse, Dems in congress have to take on obamas sins so that he can "look" clean, unlike Jesus who took on mankinds sins so that we can become clean.

Perhaps if we use an example that liberals can understand

Obama is like Jesus in reverse, Dems in congress have to take on obamas sins so that he can "look" clean, unlike Jesus who took on mankinds sins so that we can become clean.

touche
they do not understand consequences to their own actions.

For those who do not believe in the concept of god, viewing the stories in the bible from the human perspective make no sense. To those who believe in God, the stories have to be looked at from God's point of view, to the best it can be discerned. I was once an atheist, so I understand these differing points of view.

Jesus had free will, he chose to make the sacrifice he did. Could God just forgive mankind their sins? Apparently not. Apparently God is limited in that He can't violate His justice (which supersedes law). The wages of sin is death, and that price had to be paid.

There are many instances where people are recorded in the Bible questioning God's actions and motivations. They rarely receive an answer, nor are they usually punished for questioning. ;) No surprise if you don't think God exists, comforting if you do.

I've always wondered why atheists are often so hostile to religion, especially Christianity. Given that almost all progressive political thought is a direct descendant of Jesus' Golden Rule, and the Beatitudes, you'd think you'd cut Him some slack. Yeah, His teachings have been misused by man for their own selfish needs, but men do that with every belief structure--even progressivism.

To those who believe in God, the stories have to be looked at from God's point of view, to the best it can be discerned.

How does one look at something from "God's point of view"?

Seems to me that puts you on a level with God. How do you manage that?

And if you could actually manage that, why would your life be so screwed up* despite that enlightened perspective?

*Speaking generally... I don't know how screwed up your life may or may not be.

For the record I am disgusted by all religion.

Were you brought up in a family that was religious? Made you go to church exc?

That can turn some people against all religion to the point of attacking it.

Others like my siblings are not rabid about their dislike for religion, we grew up in an athiest household, but not a rabid one. Religion was just never talked about so its a non issue to my siblings.

Others I know who are really rabid about their hate, dislike, disgust for religon were either brought up in a rabid athiest household or a really religious household and was really turned off by it.

Nope, I just realise how damaging religion is. It promotes ignorance and discrimination and has been used to justify the vile activities of many of its subscribers.

It is a lie that is used to impoverish and dominate people and it is about time people grew up and got rid of this blight on humanity

For the record I am disgusted by all religion.
But for the 'lessor thinking humans' that need a form of 'CONTROL' to be able to function within the perimeters of a any given day-to-day, when they are confused by the simple example of:
If I do this then what exactly will the consequences be...the highly emotional grasp onto that tried & true...WWJD mentality and then when the sh!t hits the fan and they've been wrong in their choice {ignoring WWJD} they can claim that they were just driven by SATAN and have the excuse that they 'just slipped up' and the DEVIL MADE THEM DO IT;)

So they beg for forgiveness, find a specific scripture that will explain it all away and just keep on moven on and life just rolls right along! Until the next time the 'CHRIST LIKE' screw up and then there's the repeat performance for 'OMG' I'm soo sorry, I wasn't thinking but I'm sooo much better now...But I'll tell you how you fail to meet the mark...LMAO

HYPOCRITES just keep perpetrating the myth :D

How does one look at something from "God's point of view"? Seems to me that puts you on a level with God. How do you manage that?

The same way you would in any historical biographical study. You observe the actions attributed to God, and extrapolate. Does that elevate me to God's level. Hardly--I just ask questions and realize that the way I look at things will be different than the way He does. It's also based on assumptions that can be discarded/replaced if too many facts disagree with what the assumptions predict.

And if you could actually manage that, why would your life be so screwed up* despite that enlightened perspective?
*Speaking generally... I don't know how screwed up your life may or may not be.

How screwed up one's life is depends heavily on one's POV. My assessment and God's (for instance) would likely differ. As would mine and yours. By most human measures of normalcy, I don't appear to be too screwed up, but I appreciate the concern. :)

The same way you would in any historical biographical study.

Sounds like it reduces God to a pretty simple level. I would think that the eternal, omniscient creator of the universe would be a little more difficult to understand than the typical historical figure.

Werbung:
Isnt there always a price for what we do?
always a consequence

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Were there no consequence for our actions, were there no price to pay
there would be no order and life would be chaos from birth to death.

Do we not accept on a human level that there are consequences for our actions? Isnt that what we teach our own children? Why would our Heavenly Father be so irresponsible not to teach us something we mortals teach our own children?

In this case Jesus was nailed up for our (supposed) sins. Where was the consequence for us? God could have forgiven us with the same consequence and not required the blood of an innocent.

Of course there are consequences, but eternal torture for an eyeblink of time on a planet with thousands of competing religions and NO PROOF of any of them is not justice.

Back