Effectiveness of a bicameral house

DailyDouble

How effective is a bicameral house?

Do you think that the U.S. government would be more successful with a uni-cameral house?

Werbung:
I think it would be more fair if we just had the House of Representatives, or both Houses were purely based on the population of the state, but it will never happen, because the smaller and less populous states will never agree to give up power to the more populous states.

Werbung:
A bicameral house is needed, we have all seen the results (and lack thereof) of a unicameral house controlled by the Republicans.

No legislation gets passed which truly is beneficial to the people.

The Democrats will allow open debate on the floor, from what I've heard. We haven't had that in many years.
They will hear out both sides of the issues, even by letting the Republicans have their time to speak out.

The Republicans didn't allow the Democrats time to speak about the issues on the floor. They had to resort to meetings in the basement.

I believe that the Democrats will be fair in the daily functions of the new Congress and Senate, I only hope they live up to these expectations.

A bicameral house is needed only when one side isn't allowed a voice, and by the Republicans behavior over the past several years- I don't feel they deserve much of a voice at all, for now.

Total control of the government is not acceptable for any one party. That's why we have the 3 separate branches.

A unicameral house is acceptable when they check each other and keep each other accountable to their responsibilities.

Back