Gang rape cover up in Baghdad

Popeye

I guess this must be some more of that "good news" from Iraq. Halliburton co workers, huh? Probably friends of Dick Cheney.

Anyway, this from ABC News:

A Houston, Texas woman says she was gang-raped by Halliburton/KBR coworkers in Baghdad, and the company and the U.S. government are covering up the incident.

Jamie Leigh Jones, now 22, says that after she was raped by multiple men at a KBR camp in the Green Zone, the company put her under guard in a shipping container with a bed and warned her that if she left Iraq for medical treatment, she'd be out of a job.

"Don't plan on working back in Iraq. There won't be a position here, and there won't be a position in Houston," Jones says she was told.....

Poe says his office contacted the State Department, which quickly dispatched agents from the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad to Jones' camp, where they rescued her from the container.

According to her lawsuit, Jones was raped by "several attackers who first drugged her, then repeatedly raped and injured her, both physically and emotionally."

Jones told ABC News.com that an examination by Army doctors showed she had been raped "both vaginally and anally," but that the rape kit disappeared after it was handed over to KBR security officers....

Over two years later, the Justice Department has brought no criminal charges in the matter. In fact, ABC News could not confirm any federal agency was investigating the case....

In a statement, KBR said it was "instructed to cease" its own investigation by U.S. government authorities "because they were assuming sole responsibility for the criminal investigation.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=3977702&page=1

Werbung:

it's dar ul Harb... land of war... lots of bad things happen there. I think beheadings are pretty gross. and castrations. hanging of little boys. honor killings. look at this list:
www.thereligionofpeace.com

rape is about power. and that blond shouldn't have been there if she didn't know how to defend herself. some kids her age haven't a clue.

but you seem to have this anti-America, anti-Bush theme going on.

it's dar ul Harb... land of war... lots of bad things happen there. I think beheadings are pretty gross. and castrations. hanging of little boys. honor killings. look at this list:

rape is about power. and that blond shouldn't have been there if she didn't know how to defend herself. some kids her age haven't a clue.

So, it's the woman's fault she was raped? Next you'll be saying she deserved it. I don't care whether she knew how to defend herself or not, that's irrelevant, a rape is a rape.

Guess what? you can be anti Bush and still be pro American.

So, it's the woman's fault she was raped? Next you'll be saying she deserved it. I don't care whether she knew how to defend herself or not, that's irrelevant, a rape is a rape.

Guess what? you can be anti Bush and still be pro American.

you're funny popeye.
rape is about power. no one deserves to be raped. silly.

so you are just anti-Bush, I see. aren't we all? he'll be gone soon, then whatcha gonna do?

??? You have a very strange way of putting things. I can't say I have any idea where you're coming from. Right now you come off, to me, as someone who thinks that women who get raped should have known better. Maybe I'm reading what you're saying wrong.

??? You have a very strange way of putting things. I can't say I have any idea where you're coming from. Right now you come off, to me, as someone who thinks that women who get raped should have known better. Maybe I'm reading what you're saying wrong.

I dunno. I think rape is horrible but there's something fishy about this story... I think. she was raped on numerous occasions? so why didn't she report it the first time it happened? and women who go overseas usually are briefed on behavior and security... so why was this woman unprepared. it seems to me like those who accuse celeb of rape, as Halliburton is evil... I'm not insensitive to rape... just this particular story. it seems like propaganda more than a legal matter that we really need to have in the headlines.

there are more horrible cases out there but this is "Halliburton"... like Blackwater's name was dragged out to take aim at the Bush Admin.

we don't need any more reasons to hate the Bush Admin, I think everyone is on board already.

Werbung:
Back