• No

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • The same, but it has more exposure in the media

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Don't really care

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

rejs7

I have recently seen an increase in the homophobic abuse on the various forums that I subscribe to.

I have done this video as an expression of my feelings on the issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy-XRT5Fl-8

Do you guys think that homophobia is more or less prevelent, or is it just more public than it used to be?

Werbung:
I think its more public. Gay people are more open nowadays about their sexuality. The more known homosexuals there are, the more known homophobes there are.

Werbung:
Homosexual people are gaining acceptance gradually, especially amongst the younger generation. When I speak at Universities I rarely meet any young person who is against gay marriage or giving gay people full legal rights. The religious folks who see this same trend are screaming at the top of their lungs about it in a vain attempt to turn back time, but there is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come.

We have the science, and we have the examples of other countries that have made homosexual people full citizens without destroying themselves, or even damaging anything. Hetero marriage is still enjoyed by heterosexual people, children are still being born, the Sun comes up every morning, and God has not poured fire and brimstone onto any of these countries.

Homophobes are dinosaurs screaming out their death songs and thrashing around trying to defeat the inevitable. They will die of old age soon and a new generation of people will rise up in their place, a new generation that has grown up knowing that gay people are just like everybody else.

Back