Gore wins Nobel Peace Prize

I'll tell you why I didn't leave for the motherland, because I don't want to live in a communist society. However, the fact that you think anyone who doesn't hate communism with irrational passion is a communist just proves your backward thinking and that you are stuck in the cold war still.

Communism isnt a very good theory in practice, but its very nice on paper. However, just because it hasnt worked out well in real life, doesn't mean I despise the principal, and unlike you, I don't believe that not hating it will result in it spreading like a virus over the earth to consume freedom.

Give everyone a break and admit your **** scared of communism irrationally.

Werbung:
I'll tell you why I didn't leave for the motherland, because I don't want to live in a communist society. However, the fact that you think anyone who doesn't hate communism with irrational passion is a communist just proves your backward thinking and that you are stuck in the cold war still.

Communism isnt a very good theory in practice, but its very nice on paper. However, just because it hasnt worked out well in real life, doesn't mean I despise the principal, and unlike you, I don't believe that not hating it will result in it spreading like a virus over the earth to consume freedom.

Give everyone a break and admit your **** scared of communism irrationally.

You make several good points here.

The "good on paper" Communist theory breaks down much like the large profiteering Evangelist does. They build up from the bottom with the best of intentions wanting to help others have a better shot at a better life.

But when they themselves get to the top they are corrupted by the money, power and notoriety into taking from the very people they originally were supposed to be helping.

And to think if you don't hate something that will cause it to spread is kinda backward thinking. The cream rises to the top because it's the cream... not because somebody's standing there yelling milk sucks! Sink milk sink!!! :)

Oh, right, because we could have just flicked our wrists and crushed the Soviet Union right then and there in 1945.

Give me a break.

If we'd tried to invade the Soviet Union in 1945 "Uncle Joe" would have handed us our asses on a silver platter, and instead of a Cold War we'd have had a very, very hot war.

Give me a break. The germans had decimated russia and the only reason that they didn't overrun russia entirely was a lack of planning on the part of the germans for supplies. We could have overrun russia at the time with the editing staff from the ladies home journal.

The problem is yours. You have implied they have nuclear weapons, which is untrue. You have implied that they will eventually equal the Soviet Union as a threat, which is laughable. In fact, both of your implications are patently ridiculous. Your only basis for considering them an enemy is that they currently employ a different political ideology than ours. Oh, I almost forgot, one more reason, you have been told to dislike them by the Bush Administration. You have always claimed to think for yourself, here we have an example that shows the exact opposite.

Actually, you were the one who brought nuclear weapons into the discussion.

And unlike you, I don't need to be told who to support and who to oppose. Communism is bad news. Chavez has already assumed dictator status by his successful request to be allowed to govern by fiat. The desire and need for more territory and resources will not be long in coming.

I will bookmark this post to toss back in your face when he begins the inevetable and remind you of the shortsightedness that accompanies liberal thinking.

You make several good points here.

The "good on paper" Communist theory breaks down much like the large profiteering Evangelist does. They build up from the bottom with the best of intentions wanting to help others have a better shot at a better life.

But when they themselves get to the top they are corrupted by the money, power and notoriety into taking from the very people they originally were supposed to be helping.

And to think if you don't hate something that will cause it to spread is kinda backward thinking. The cream rises to the top because it's the cream... not because somebody's standing there yelling milk sucks! Sink milk sink!!! :)

There is a whole thread on the topic of the authoritarian nature of modern liberal thinking. If you feel froggy and believe that you can make an argument that modern liberalism isn't inherently authoritarian in nature, hop on over.

Give me a break. The germans had decimated russia and the only reason that they didn't overrun russia entirely was a lack of planning on the part of the germans for supplies. We could have overrun russia at the time with the editing staff from the ladies home journal.

Yeah, the Germans kicked the Russians in the teeth, but the fun thing about Russians is that they have a lot of teeth. By the end of the war they were outproducing us in terms of armored infantry. If we'd attacked them after subduing Germany they'd have had clear advantages in terms of geography and supply, and they'd had recent experiences with defending their country against invasion. If we'd attacked them they would have had every possible advantage and we'd have had none.

The forties saw one spectacularly failed invasion of the Soviet Union. I'm glad we didn't add to that count.

Yeah, the Germans kicked the Russians in the teeth, but the fun thing about Russians is that they have a lot of teeth. By the end of the war they were outproducing us in terms of armored infantry. If we'd attacked them after subduing Germany they'd have had clear advantages in terms of geography and supply, and they'd had recent experiences with defending their country against invasion. If we'd attacked them they would have had every possible advantage and we'd have had none.

The forties saw one spectacularly failed invasion of the Soviet Union. I'm glad we didn't add to that count.

Armed infantry is meaningless in the face of an airforce. Which we had in spades. It was our air power and their inability to stop it that won the war for us. Russia's "armor" would have fell like dominoes in the face of our air capabilities. As I said, the editiing staff of the ladies home journal would have been at the table when joe signed the surrender papers.

And unlike you, I don't need to be told who to support and who to oppose. Communism is bad news. Chavez has already assumed dictator status by his successful request to be allowed to govern by fiat. The desire and need for more territory and resources will not be long in coming.
For someone who doesn't "need to be told who to support and who to oppose", you sure do parrot the Bush Administration, right on down the line. I don't agree with everything Chavez has done, but I don't agree with the Saudi royal family either. I notice, Saudi Arabia isn't our declared enemy, quite the opposite is true. In fact both you and Bush have been amazingly quiet about the lack of human rights there. Show something Bush hasn't, show some consistency palerider, declare that Saudi Arabia should be our enemy as well. At least Venezuela didn't have 15 of it's citizens involved in 9/11.

Armed infantry is meaningless in the face of an airforce. Which we had in spades. It was our air power and their inability to stop it that won the war for us. Russia's "armor" would have fell like dominoes in the face of our air capabilities. As I said, the editiing staff of the ladies home journal would have been at the table when joe signed the surrender papers.

By 1945 the Red Air Force had achieved aerial superiority over the Luftwaffe, to the point where German pilots were actively avoiding combat with the best of the Soviet Union's new planes. That year alone the Soviets built a little over twenty thousand planes, including fighters, bombers, and transports.

Plus, air superiority means a lot less in urban settings, and you can bet that that's where they'd engage us, not out on the Steppe where they'd be more vulnerable. Stalingrad taught the Russians a lot of lessons.

The Soviets were far from helpless when it came to aeronautical technology. If it became necessary their industrial production centers were highly flexible and could have been converted to build more planes.

Face it, we would not have been able to just waltz in to Moscow and "take out" the Soviet Union in 1945. An attempt to do so would have been idiocy.

Werbung:
Back