Votes: 4 15.4%
  • C

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • D

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • F

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters
Again, you simply refer to every Republican as a neocon it seems. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Actually I don't think ignorance is all that bliss. Some of the least happy people here, are also the most ignorant as you can see. :D

Werbung:
No I refer to you as a neocon

You support most of what Bush stood for.

That is a neocon.

No, what it really amounts to is your inability to grasp what the term even means.

BTW have you decided yet whether you are prepared to be executed for a crime you didn't commit or are you still trying to craft some words that successfully evade the question?

I have answered this time and time again. What else do you expect? Would I want to be executed for a crime I did not commit? No. Do I feel this is justification to end capital punishment in an era of DNA. No. Do I feel that sometimes the death penalty is warranted. Yes.

DNA is not fool proof.
The police are not always honourable
Nor are judges
Nor are expert witnesses
Nor are lawyers
Juries are often stupid and prejudiced
Defendents are often poor and get weak unmotivated lawyers
And innocent people will be executed.

But supporting this state murder is typical neocon behaviour.

I am happy to leave the subject for another thrad but it does serve to illuatrate your neoconservatism which is the adherence to very right wing views that will hurt the poor and oppressed to keep the WASPs happy

Except to say that I would bet my house you were a fan of the death penalty long before DNA evidence became available.

DNA is not fool proof.
The police are not always honourable
Nor are judges
Nor are expert witnesses
Nor are lawyers
Juries are often stupid and prejudiced
Defendents are often poor and get weak unmotivated lawyers
And innocent people will be executed.

WOW! You mean no system is perfect! What shocking news!!!!

But supporting this state murder is typical neocon behaviour.

Uhm...again, learn what the word means, I am no neocon, but whatever.

I am happy to leave the subject for another thrad but it does serve to illuatrate your neoconservatism which is the adherence to very right wing views that will hurt the poor and oppressed to keep the WASPs happy

Maybe in the other "thrad" you can "illuatrate" how to use a dictionary? Anyway, if you want to make a thread, go for it, however rational people already understand that I am not a neocon. Your desire to classify me is your own, and you are welcome to call me whatever you like. Anything to ease your burden from being on the "wrong side of the track." I am here for you Dawkins, would you like a donation now?

Dawkins, you are getting off topic here, but I think it is worthy to point out that I am what the righties on this board would call a liberal. There are times when I support the death penalty.

So what?

The fact that neocons support the death penalty does not rule out other ignorant people from supporting it too.

And as for BR saying so what if the system is not perfect????

Don't you think that if the system is designed to take life on the basis of guilt it ****ing welll ought to be????

Especially as most neocons also claim to be pro life?

Or is it yet more neocn hypocrisy and screwed ideology?

Is that what put the con in neocon?

So what?

The fact that neocons support the death penalty does not rule out other ignorant people from supporting it too.

And as for BR saying so what if the system is not perfect????

Don't you think that if the system is designed to take life on the basis of guilt it ****ing welll ought to be????

Especially as most neocons also claim to be pro life?

Or is it yet more neocn hypocrisy and screwed ideology?

Is that what put the con in neocon?

So what do you propose? Eliminating the court system because it might convict an innocent person?

Don't be silly

You can make bad judgements right if you don't kill the accused

Do you want to spend your life in prison for a crime you did not commit then? Your argument can be stretched to mean exactly that. You want to end capital punishment based on the fact that you do not want to die for a crime you did not commit. The same thing can be said about spending in prison.

The system is the best system we have. I have accepted that.

That is pathetic.

If you execute someone not only do you brutalise society but you make it impossible to overturn a miscarriage of justice.

The fact that you think that is better than keeping someone alive who may well be innocenty and will have the chance of justice makes you a monster.

BTW it is good of you to suggest that it is better for the actual victim of execution because it spares them life imprisonment.

I suspect you would change your mind if wrongly convicted of murder.

But actually you are a murderer.

Your support of a sytem that guarantees innocent death makes you complicit.

The death penalty will be abolished in America like it is in most other western countries.

It is just that as with most other hiuman rights abuses, America is very slow off the mark in getting rid.

Look how long it kept apartheid.

That is pathetic.

If you execute someone not only do you brutalise society but you make it impossible to overturn a miscarriage of justice.

The fact that you think that is better than keeping someone alive who may well be innocenty and will have the chance of justice makes you a monster.

BTW it is good of you to suggest that it is better for the actual victim of execution because it spares them life imprisonment.

I suspect you would change your mind if wrongly convicted of murder.

But actually you are a murderer.

Your support of a sytem that guarantees innocent death makes you complicit.

The death penalty will be abolished in America like it is in most other western countries.

It is just that as with most other hiuman rights abuses, America is very slow off the mark in getting rid.

Look how long it kept apartheid.

The basic premise is we disagree on the death penalty. Call it whatever you will.

You claim to be pro life but support a system that guarantees that the state, which is supposed to protect you, will murder you if you are unlucky and especially if you are unlucky and black.

I am not just diagreeing with you about the death penalty.

I am stating that you hold despicable and contradictory views.

You are pro life but support an unprovoked attack on country the US had already crippled with sanctions and that has taken hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives.

But the good thing is, views like your are at last being rejected by the US poulation.

The civil rights that went backwards under Bush will start to move forwards again.

And stuff like the ban on inter-racial marriage that is now being replayed on gay marriage
will be condemned to the very big dustbin of American bigotry and discrimination.

Land of the free, all men are made equal???

Unless you are black, gay, Muslim, Hispanic etc etc

Werbung:
You claim to be pro life but support a system that guarantees that the state, which is supposed to protect you, will murder you if you are unlucky and especially if you are unlucky and black.

What I support is a court system. If you have the alternative let me know.

I am not just diagreeing with you about the death penalty.

I am stating that you hold despicable and contradictory views.

So says you.

You are pro life but support an unprovoked attack on country the US had already crippled with sanctions and that has taken hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives.

Not sure what this has to do with the death penalty.

But the good thing is, views like your are at last being rejected by the US poulation.

The civil rights that went backwards under Bush will start to move forwards again.

Again, so says you.

And stuff like the ban on inter-racial marriage that is now being replayed on gay marriage
will be condemned to the very big dustbin of American bigotry and discrimination.

Land of the free, all men are made equal???

Unless you are black, gay, Muslim, Hispanic etc etc

I guess this explains how we elected a black person President right? Since we live in the land where only the white male can get ahead.

Back