Ground Zero Mosque

What some kooky liberals do with regularity...

2010-08-25-chronicle-cartoon.jpg

Werbung:
I agree, but I don't think the people who are funding the mosque want to improve relationships with the U.S. population. They do want to improve their relationship with our government, however, as strange as it might seem.

I think the mosque is being proposed where it is precisely because it would hurt the people who lost loved ones on 9/11, in order to renew our passion for vengeance against all things Islamic. If we hated Muslims more, we would continue to support the war in Afghanistan.

Saudi Arabia asked us to intervene on behalf of Kuwait the first time we went to Iraq, during George H. W. Bush's administration. Iraq (and Afghanistan, as well) has never had good relations with Saudi Arabia, and whatever hurts them helps the Saudis.

Coincidentally, 15 of the 19 terrorists in the 9/11 attack were from Saudi Arabia. Osama bin Laden is, too.

The funding for the mosque is being generously provided by Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, who also happens to own a big part of News Corp, the parent company for Fox News.

So, he plans a mosque at ground zero, and asks the media to start a controversy over it, to renew a religious debate that will keep us committed to war against his country's neighbors.

That is an interesting way to look it at, however Prince Al-Waleed Bin Talal has no real political authority within Saudi Arabia, and I am not sure I see a money making opportunity by "creating a controversy" over the mosque, nor do many of his investments really seem to indicate he has all that much to gain from instability within the Middle East.

It is an interesting connection, but I am not sure I would take it as far as you do.

And when it gets built you think the NYPD will protect them? I think not. Go watch the movie ""World Trade Center"" Its about Cops who were injured and killed on 9/11 Attacks. .They remember that day well. Its Liberals who have forgoten 9/11. Ill bet you the Milita Army will attack them just like they sent Tim McViegh who bombed OKA City it was retailation for Waco in 1994.

Perhaps we should just pay for the dumb thing like we are in other countries? Just ask them to move it a mile away in return we can pay for it.

If we are paying 6 mil for others mosques around the world why not this one, at least we would "stimulate" the economy in the building of it

U.S. paying for restoration of global Islamic sites

By The Associated Press
Posted: 08/25/2010 07:55:11 AM PDT
Updated: 08/25/2010 07:55:17 AM PDT

WASHINGTON - The good will tour of the Middle East by the imam behind the proposed mosque near ground zero is just part of the U.S. government's efforts to reach out to the Muslim world.

This year, the Obama administration will spend nearly $6 million to restore 63 historic and cultural sites, including mosques and minarets, in 55 nations, according to State Department documents.

Under a program established by Congress in 2001, the department will fund at least five projects in as many countries at a cost of more than $271,000.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/latestnews/ci_15889182

Perhaps we should just pay for the dumb thing like we are in other countries? Just ask them to move it a mile away in return we can pay for it.

If we are paying 6 mil for others mosques around the world why not this one, at least we would "stimulate" the economy in the building of it

By The Associated Press

WASHINGTON - The good will tour of the Middle East by the imam behind the proposed mosque near ground zero is just part of the U.S. government's efforts to reach out to the Muslim world.

This year, the Obama administration will spend nearly $6 million to restore 63 historic and cultural sites, including mosques and minarets, in 55 nations, according to State Department documents.

Under a program established by Congress in 2001, the department will fund at least five projects in as many countries at a cost of more than $271,000.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/latestnews/ci_15889182

how do you go from "restore 63 historic and cultural sites, including mosques and minarets"

to now that means all that money is spend on them? That could be 2 of the 63 Sites...but you use the whole Dollar figure...and ignore what I am sure its alot more Christian sites.....

how do you go from "restore 63 historic and cultural sites, including mosques and minarets"

to now that means all that money is spend on them? That could be 2 of the 63 Sites...but you use the whole Dollar figure...and ignore what I am sure its alot more Christian sites.....

Christian sites?

Err.. U.S. paying for restoration of global Islamic sites
They do not have christian churches

so build the stupid thing just build it a mile away and lets stop arguing about it.
If our government can do it for other countries they can do it here and then we can stop fighting.

Well they won't.

An Islamic community center in which people worship is basically a mosque.

I might agree with you if the Priest who would run it had said some inflammatory things about molesting children or something.

America has thousands of mosques, that is not what it is about. As I understand it, part of one of the planes on 9/11 hit that building, it is pretty close.

I have not seen anyone argue that Muslims cannot have freedom to practice their religion, but a little sensitivity would go a long way in mending Muslim/American relationships.

1:By your logic, the YMCA is a church now....Mosques don't have basketball courts....

2. the the Leader of this church say go terrorist? If so why did Bush Co use him for a example of moderate Islam...also Odd Beck had no issue with him...when he was on TV with him... ( and even if he did , if has broken no laws, he would have the right to still build it)

3. Yes it does, and there are protests at the ones people are trying to build..that have nothing to do with 9-11...its has to do with...I hate Muslims because I group them as all the same...because I am a little pissant retard.

4. So a part of the plane hit it...is that the new rule...as far away as plane parts where found..you can't build a Islamic center? Maybe we can just call for a 2 mile Muslim Free zone...no Muslims in that Radius...( even ones who had family die there on Sept 11...)

If this was a Christian site, no one would care...they only care as its Muslim...And thus the clear issue is...blaming all Muslims for the acts of some...They also where all men...maybe no men near WTC site as well..

Christian sites?

so build the stupid thing just build it a mile away and lets stop arguing about it.
If our government can do it for other countries they can do it here and then we can stop fighting.

I forgot there are no Christan sites in the Middle east...That would be silly...you know outside the fact its where it was born and home to some of its most holy sites...but your right. its all going to Muslims...you know Obama is a Muslim right?

Also where did it even say anything about them being in the middle east or Islamic...read the thing once....take a look at the costs of the Islamic ones they talked about...do some math....find out how very very far short of 6 million it is....( hint there is not even 55 nations....in the middle east...so where are those other ones....hmmmm...)

I forgot there are no Christan sites in the Middle east...That would be silly...you know outside the fact its where it was born and home to some of its most holy sites...but your right. its all going to Muslims...you know Obama is a Muslim right?

Dang pocket

read the words below

THE U.S. paying for restoration of global Islamic sites

do you get the part where it says Islamic? The Associated Press did not report on the US paying for various sites in the middle east

The report is about ISLAMIC sites. Churches have NOTHING to do with ISLAM

do you understand that?

Christian sites?

PFOS is right, the full amount is not solely going for use on Islamic sites.

Christian sites?

why a mile? is that the number you picked out of hat? is it a magic number that says you don't have freedom of Religion for one mile of the world trade center...unless your anything other then Muslim? Maybe a mile and a half...how about half a mile...wait 2 NYC blocks that may already be half a mile...hmmm how about 29002 yards...thats a fine number to say we hate you becuse your Muslim and someone else who was muslim attacked us, so we blame you...because Jesus would want us to...

Also where did it even say anything about them being in the middle east or Islamic...read the thing once....take a look at the costs of the Islamic ones they talked about...do some math....find out how very very far short of 6 million it is....( hint there is not even 55 nations....in the middle east...so where are those other ones....hmmmm...)
Here is the whole story Pocket... I will highlight the parts for you ok :)

By The Associated Press

The contributions include $76,135 for the 16th century Grand Mosque in Tongxin, China, and $67,500 for the 18th century Golden Mosque in Lahore, Pakistan. An additional $62,169 will be spent on restoring a 19th century minaret in Mauritania's ancient city of Tichitt; $50,437 for the Sundarwala Burj, a 16th century Islamic Monument in New Delhi, and $15,450 to restore the 18th century Gobarau Minaret in Katsina, Nigeria.

The amount spent on mosque restoration projects is a fraction of the total in the 2010 Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation, which also will fund projects to restore Christian and Buddhist sites as well as museums, forts and palaces. [this section does mention Churches and Buddhist sites] oddly it does not name them or the $$ like it did for the others

Since 2001, the U.S. government has spent almost $26 million on the program to fund about 640 cultural preservation projects in more than 100 countries.

"The fund has demonstrated America's respect for the world's cultural heritage,"

Secretary State Hillary Rodham Clinton said last month in announcing the 2010 projects. "Cultural heritage serves as a reminder of historical experiences and achievements of humanity. Ancient structures and objects offer important lessons for us today."

my point is pocket, if we can spend this much money for other countries religious sites why can't we just build this stupid thing 1 mile from ground zero and stop fighting about it and at least have our own construction workers working?

Werbung:
why a mile? is that the number you picked out of hat? is it a magic number that says you don't have freedom of Religion for one mile of the world trade center...unless your anything other then Muslim? Maybe a mile and a half...how about half a mile...wait 2 NYC blocks that may already be half a mile...hmmm how about 29002 yards...thats a fine number to say we hate you becuse your Muslim and someone else who was muslim attacked us, so we blame you...because Jesus would want us to...

Personally I would rather stick it in your back yard but they might object :)

and yes I picked the mile out of my hat. why not a mile? Why must the vast majority of Americans compromise every damn time? why cant this freak who is running the project compromise by 1 mile?

Back