Hackers launch global attack on internet

N

Nammy

Hackers overwhelmed at least three of the 13 computers that help manage global computer traffic, in one of the most significant attacks against the internet since 2002.

Read more here.

I just don't get why hackers do this. Hackers can use their brain power to help humanity. Such an immoral world we live in...

Werbung:
Hackers overwhelmed at least three of the 13 computers that help manage global computer traffic, in one of the most significant attacks against the internet since 2002.

Read more here.

I just don't get why hackers do this. Hackers can use their brain power to help humanity. Such an immoral world we live in...

Hacker is a broad definition word. Media loves to refer to any computer vandal/criminal/whatever as a hacker. These guys do NOT have to be intelligent. I mean all it takes is getting ahold of a exploit, tacking on a couple easy to google payloads into a buffer overflow and spreading making all vulnerable systems members of your zombie nation. Then you just have an irc channel with like 200-500 bots sitting in it. ya go in say something like ""all ping -s 65500 www.site.net" or something similar and just as easy. I mean these guys typically aren't your computer savvy tech hounds, usually bored kids who like to break things. anyone with 95+ IQ could do it. All it takes is the want and google.

Hacker is a broad definition word. Media loves to refer to any computer vandal/criminal/whatever as a hacker. These guys do NOT have to be intelligent. I mean all it takes is getting ahold of a exploit, tacking on a couple easy to google payloads into a buffer overflow and spreading making all vulnerable systems members of your zombie nation. Then you just have an irc channel with like 200-500 bots sitting in it. ya go in say something like ""all ping -s 65500 www.site.net" or something similar and just as easy. I mean these guys typically aren't your computer savvy tech hounds, usually bored kids who like to break things. anyone with 95+ IQ could do it. All it takes is the want and google.

I have no idea what any of that means.

Werbung:
I'm just saying, it's AS simple as that. well sort of. I mean it doesn't take a genius to figure it out if they really wanted to do something. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet wiki to the rescue, this is what those "hackers" used to DDoS those machines. It's not like they hacked into it with their massive brain power. They're probably 16-19 with median IQs. that wiki article will explain the how's of botnets. not how to do it, so much as how it works. Then all someone has to do is A) find a vector of transport B) bot software (not hard to modify existing harmless bots to do it) C) infect zombie nodes D) launch attack.

Back