Hillary Clinton; Secretary Of State!

Werbung:
You're forgetting. All of the true-Heros (during the 'Nam-era) were pilots!!

You would catch any o' them doing any of that messy ground-combat stuff. They might have to step in mud, or some other inimaginable horrors.

Besides, the pilots got better drugs.

It was certainly not a cakewalk to be on duty at Yankee Station in North Vietnam. As an aviator during Rolling Thunder and other missions you had a set of bad choices:

1) Fly high to avoid anti-aircraft batteries but become easy targets for Russian SAM's.

2) Fly low to avoid the SAM's but be pounded by anti-aircraft batteries.

3) Our radar coverage was such at the time as well that MIGs were quite hard to detect as well, and they were all flying (for the most part) in Northern Vietnam right around Yankee Station.

Since the Vietnamese (and Russians) understood the overall strategy behind Rolling Thunder they could pretty accurately guess what target sets were going to be, and this load up the sites with SAM's and anti-aircraft batteries making life miserable for aviators.

It was certainly not a cakewalk to be on duty at Yankee Station in North Vietnam. As an aviator during Rolling Thunder and other missions you had a set of bad choices:

1) Fly high to avoid anti-aircraft batteries but become easy targets for Russian SAM's.

2) Fly low to avoid the SAM's but be pounded by anti-aircraft batteries.

3) Our radar coverage was such at the time as well that MIGs were quite hard to detect as well, and they were all flying (for the most part) in Northern Vietnam right around Yankee Station.

Since the Vietnamese (and Russians) understood the overall strategy behind Rolling Thunder they could pretty accurately guess what target sets were going to be, and this load up the sites with SAM's and anti-aircraft batteries making life miserable for aviators.

O.K., here's my cut-'n-paste.....

"....it seems like the closer one is to ground combat operations, the more skeptical and reserved one becomes about war in general."

O.K., here's my cut-'n-paste.....

Well, I did not cut and paste that, but OK. It comes from the book America's Longest War by George Herring.

Further, each branch will tell you that they can do it the best. All of that is mostly meaningless. Fact is, everyone who was in combat in Vietnam put their life on the line equally. No one put their life on the line more than the guy, they all did it together.

To attempt to diminish that fact just because someone was flying an airplane as opposed to sitting in forward fire base is quite outrageous and a pretty lame swipe that your blog seems to be taking at Bush and McCain more so than actual military establishment.

Do you think that a bomber pilot in WWII whose lifespan was pretty non-existent was just some "flyboy chickenhawk" that had no understanding or respect of war, or perhaps you somehow think they put their lives on the line less than an infantry man?

....So suggests Andrea Mitchell.

That should pretty-much sew-up our foreign-policy issues.....

Yeah, even a corrupt lawyer witch criminal like her could "sew up" foreign policy using the leftwing Bot King's ideology:

Abandon iraq, abandon afghanistan, abandon israel; kiss the butt of russia, iran, cuba, venezuela and the UN; sign all the international treaties that are against US interests, quit being mean to the islamofascists, restore US funding for forced abortion in China.

The point was that you need someone at State who balances out the guy at the DOD. If you do not have this you will never be able to make the best decision possible.
I'm sure Obama would appreciate your input.

And since we invaded Iraq for oil, why did Iraq sign their first major oil deal with China?
I think we always called it Competition. :rolleyes:
"Shahristani stressed that Iraq needed the services of experienced companies to realise the potential of its reserves but added that it was not ready to do so at any price.

"We went to these global companies and asked them to offer us consultancy but they will have no privileges or will not get a share of oil."

The oil ministry also plans to sign longer-term contracts for extracting oil with 41 other foreign energy companies, according to officials.

"We chose 35 companies of international standard, according to their finances, environment and experience, and we granted them permission to extract oil," Asim Jihad, oil ministry spokesman, said."

Well, I did not cut and paste that, but OK. It comes from the book America's Longest War by George Herring.
You're one (of several-people, here) who appears to take-credit for someone-else's experience. :rolleyes:

Being a Moderator, you should know better.​

I'm sure Obama would appreciate your input.

Every successful President has always done this.

I think we always called it Competition. :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight. We invaded Iraq to steal their oil. So after we won, we decided to that competition with foreign oil companies was better? It seems if we invaded to take their oil, we would just take it, and not bother with competition, except among American companies.

You're one (of several-people, here) who appears to take-credit for someone-else's experience. :rolleyes:

Being a Moderator, you should know better.​

Who's experience did I try to take credit for exactly? And what exactly do you know about my personal experiences?

So let me get this straight. We invaded Iraq to steal their oil. So after we won, we decided to that competition with foreign oil companies was better?
Yeah....that's what it was.....The Great White Brother showed those heathens how business was done. :rolleyes:

"The other key issue that is of concern to the international community is the fate of the oil contracts awarded by Saddam Hussein to foreign investors. Oil companies from 20 countries — among them three members of the U.N. Security Council, but the U.S. and Britain excluded — have some form of title or claim to exploration and development of oil wells in Iraq. Even by international standards, these deals are sizeable. For instance, the Bin Umar and Majnoon oilfields promised to France's TotalFinaElf can together produce upwards of one million barrels of crude a day while Al Ahdab awarded to China can produce around 90,000 barrels a day."

Yeah....that's what it was.....The Great White Brother showed those heathens how business was done. :rolleyes:

Your post offered nothing in regards to the idea that if we invaded solely for oil (as many claim) why are we allowing foreign competitors into the market and attempting to honor previous contracts?

If we invaded for oil, we would simply cancel all those contracts and let US companies take them over.

Yeah....right.....you forgot to put the info from America's Longest War within a quote-window. It was an honest-mistake, right?

:rolleyes:

First of all, it was not a quote. It was a theme that was picked up on not only in that book but every book ever about Vietnam. It was not even really paraphrasing either.

You do not need to cite common knowledge.

Werbung:
Back