House Of Politics becomes the National Enquirer

BUNZ SAID: Personally, when I first joined here and the community was really small, it was generally required that you support with evidence any claim you were to make, or a link to any narrative found elsewhere for discussion purposes.
I would like to ultimately drift back towards these standards and have rants get posted in the blogs that each member is allowed, and have real discussion issues posted on the discussion board.
Any input from members would be appreciated.

Have an opinion about a topic then post the connect link and post your opinion about that specific topic...seems a fair ADULT way in which to manage a community board ;)
Don't have a LINK then the topic gets pulled...yep, that would mean some reconditioning to a FEW around here but then again that's what it takes some time...tough love and firm rules for all :eek:

And for those childish little mental midgets that take such immature glee in just posting mental dribbles about their 'FEELINGS'...maybe the members that continually support that B.S. would step up to the plate and instead of supporting that crap would take a FIRM stand against it and SAY SO, the mental midgets would STOP WASTING OUR BANDWIDTH WITH THEIR EVERY MENTAL DROOL THAT THEY DEEM WORTHY OF TYPE!

But that would mean that 'SOME' would have to be equally FAIR about their SELECTIVE READING :rolleyes:

Werbung:
what do you like about having a new thread rather than adding to an already existing thread? I am probably missing something.
No doubt!

I add (to existing-threads), all-the-time!! (Especially after going thru this <present> exercise, so-often in-the-past. :rolleyes: )

If people wanna see their threads, a lil' Search never killed anyone.​

Well yes, I did said to limit "threads" not "posts" originally. Let whoever post as much as they like but limit the amount of threads each poster may start in a day/week/month, whatever. Oh and make it to the IP address and not just a name since I strongly suspect that at least one poster here who likes to start many threads each day has at least one or two other names for himself..probably to make it look like it's not just him spamming. Which is factually what it is.
Quit'cher whining....and, show a little incentive.

You wanna see some conversation you had (with someone)? Do a Search on your name!

You wanna see the dialogue on a specific-issue? Do a Search on that!

There're all the tools you need, here....if your agenda is Politics!!

If you're merely droppin'-in (from-time-to-time), to CHAT, maybe you can appoint someone to do your Search(es), for you.

:rolleyes:

I have no problem with more then one thread on issues, as sometimes the thread is more specific sometimes more General..like health care...its one thing to talk about it as a whole...but if you wish to specifically talk about ..say how retarded the people who cry about fake death panels are, and talk about the issue of the non existent death panals...that would be its one issue...otherwise it just takes that general health care reform off topic and hard to follow from someone who was trying to talk about some other aspect of it 4 pages ago before some new issue popped up.
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!!!!!

Sorry, but....it's those new-issues that make Life so confusing, for "conservatives".

Too-often, they'd rather beat some-issue (with whatever-rhetoric-is-available), 'till it starts drawin' flies, and....eventually that thread turns-into some Jr.-High-style CHAT....and, (eventually) they lose-track o' their CHAT'S, 'cause they're not coming-here, on a daily-basis, to (help) hammer-out the Politics-o'-the-day (...'cause it's haaarrrd-work, I guess).

:rolleyes:

This has always been a matter of concern for me. There seems to be a rise in the number of threads that are nothing but rants over issues that have long been in discussion or are otherwise nothing more than slander or libel.

In an effort to provide as much freedom as is reasonable on an open community and free forum as we find ourselves I, and I think most if not all the mods would agree that we dont want to babysit or be a police man.

The large problem found on this site is that anytime something is moved for practical purposes or deleted for duplicate or even off topic responses those with some sort of stake in that thread jump up and down scream and maybe even cry because we are limiting free speech or are partisan or some other criticism over the subject and often times rather partisan members jump to their defense...

well there you find the tough spot.
O.K., explain THIS, to me!

I'VE had threads moved. When I "pick" that original-title....expecting to be transferred to that (alternative) location, I (instead) get an error-message, stating that I have no access to that location....and, these are location-changes (initiated) shortly-after BigRob shows-up!!!!

If issues (like this) aren't examples of BigRob screwin'-with-me, what is goin'-on?????

And for those childish little mental midgets that take such immature glee in just posting mental dribbles about their 'FEELINGS'...
Explain

If by 'FEELINGS', you're talkin'-about CHATTING, I agree.

IF you're talkin'-about someone "feeling" (about their opinion, on any given-subject), I've gotta disagree.

I've got much-more patience for someone who talks-about they way they "feel" (i.e. the way they conceive any-given-subject), than those folks who state, as FACT, their opinion....with no (actual) facts to SUPPORT their opinion....that's what irritates me!!!

A good example is the whole Faith-trip! There are too-many people that're (seriously) confused between (the differences of) what they Believe & what's Known!!

O.K., explain THIS, to me!​

I'VE had threads moved. When I "pick" that original-title....expecting to be transferred to that (alternative) location, I (instead) get an error-message, stating that I have no access to that location....and, these are location-changes (initiated) shortly-after BigRob shows-up!!!!

If issues (like this) aren't examples of BigRob screwin'-with-me, what is goin'-on?????

Hey, you too!!! GOOD POINT SHAMAN...of the top 3 topics on this community: IMPORTANT NEWS/WORLD NEWS/INTRODUCTIONS...the only topic I can access is Introductions if I want to post something new!!! I've asked before and have had nothing but DEAD AIR SPACE in return...why are the top 3 topics off limits to some but not others :confused:

I thought that IMPORTANT NEWS would be like a CURRENT EVENTS but can't access it so I struggle to find something/somewhere else to fit the NEW TOPIC that I'm posting into those square pegs...sometimes I have a hit and sometimes I've had a miss and my topic gets moved :cool: but it would be NICE to know where the general junk is supposed go {stuff that doesn't fit into your finite detailed square pegs} ;)

Hey, you too!!! GOOD POINT SHAMAN...of the top 3 topics on this community: IMPORTANT NEWS/WORLD NEWS/INTRODUCTIONS...the only topic I can access is Introductions if I want to post something new!!! I've asked before and have had nothing but DEAD AIR SPACE in return...why are the top 3 topics off limits to some but not others. :confused:
I've never had that same (exact) experience, but the parallel is very-similar.​

Mr. Shaman: I've got much-more patience for someone who talks-about they way they "feel" (i.e. the way they conceive any-given-subject), than those folks who state, as FACT, their opinion....with no (actual) facts to SUPPORT their opinion....that's what irritates me!!!

EXPLAIN: Topics that are posted by 'ALWAYS'; prime example of mental drool that has no links/no substance to anything factual/any current factual event...just a continuous new topic that is just more 'mental dribbles' about {his/her/it's} FEELINGS about minutia that has already been started by another author with LINKS & FACTS included {prime example of wasted bandwidth} that is pure ignorance in it's finest shining example.

But 'ALWAYS', gets encouragement from a couple of others because of the 'RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH'...:rolleyes:

So we are on the SAME PAGE

EXPLAIN: Topics that are posted by 'ALWAYS'; prime example of mental drool that has no links/no substance to anything factual/any current factual event...just a continuous new topic that is just more 'mental dribbles' about {his/her/it's} FEELINGS...
Oh, O.K.....'Nuff SAID!!!!!!

241.png

O.K., explain THIS, to me!

I just went through the deleted threads section back to early September and there are only two threads of yours, one of which was entitled "That time of the month again BigRob?"

I am sure that the intellectual stimulus provided by such a thread is missed by all.

Werbung:
This has always been a matter of concern for me. There seems to be a rise in the number of threads that are nothing but rants over issues that have long been in discussion or are otherwise nothing more than slander or libel.

In an effort to provide as much freedom as is reasonable on an open community and free forum as we find ourselves I, and I think most if not all the mods would agree that we dont want to babysit or be a police man.

The large problem found on this site is that anytime something is moved for practical purposes or deleted for duplicate or even off topic responses those with some sort of stake in that thread jump up and down scream and maybe even cry because we are limiting free speech or are partisan or some other criticism over the subject and often times rather partisan members jump to thier defense...
well there you find the tough spot.

Personally I would rather have input from the members and so far I see that being possibly instituting a limit to the amount of threads one member can create in a period of time. I am thinking 3 is reasonable in 24 hours. If you disagree this thread would be a good venue to voice those issues.

Personally, when I first joined here and the community was really small, it was generally required that you support with evidence any claim you were to make, or a link to any narrative found elsewhere for discussion purposes.
I would like to ultimately drift back towards these standards and have rants get posted in the blogs that each member is allowed, and have real discussion issues posted on the discussion board.
Any input from members would be appreciated.

New thread limits - yea
link - sure, not always possible (my drive time guys get soe interesting guests sometimes
rant/blog - great that you have such a place

(easy for me to say not being a mod) maybe tighten up the attacks and pointless base remarks, this isnt middle school

Back