House Of Politics becomes the National Enquirer

Werbung:
LIKE spam
spam is spam because its unwanted and therefore annoying
Hey....if you're tired o' gettin' your agenda slapped-down, quit rollin'-out the FAUX Noise/Porky Limbaugh rhetoric....with ZERO-facts to back-up your allegations!!!

I think its a great idea to limit threads

I also think it would be good to have a thread named polls and all info on polls goes in that thread, we have 50 different threads about a poll here or there.

There are at least 8 or 9 threads on obamas birth certificate it should all just be in one thread

there are 50 different threads on how evil sarah palin is, she should just have her own thread as should bush and obama

I am fine to post a new poll I found in a poll thread and it would be great if I could read all about the evils of Sarah Palin in just one easy thread :)

there should be a single thread for health care too and another thread for energy

that would clean things up a bit I bet

You kiddin'??!!!!!!

BigRob has a loooooooooooooooong history (here) of siding-with/catering-to the more-"conservative" members....and, has admitted as-much; that his (personal) agenda is more-conservative, by nature!!

Every-time the Libs (here) start getting the upper-hand (i.e. VAPORIZING all o' the "conservative" talking-points), there's always some hue-and-cry about a need to change things...and, more-often-than-not, it's when some new-person shows-up (here)...who starts whining-and-complaining about the way they're treated....and, rather-than telling that person to quit being so thin-skinned, BigRob uses that opportunity to create an environment, more to his liking....and, the black-and-blue "conservatives", as well!​

Oh, I remember quite stringently just exactly how I was treated...the behind the back stabs at my reputation {for a newbie that was quite an awakening} especially from the 'Far Right Conservative' {supposedly well mannered group the ones that never say anything RUDE/CRUDE/or WRONG}...yep, I had posts pulled left & right all over the place :cool:

I can't remember having so many post yanked off of a forum but it was amazing how many of theirs remained {Oh, yes I forgot I was waging verbal battle with those lessor thinking mental midgets with whom they reported any and every post and I didn't...cause that's what adults do when they verbally dish it out they expect it to come back at them}. :rolleyes:

Fine.

Limit your's.

:rolleyes:

I really do try. I dont post that many threads, I try to find other places to say it.

I dont think the problem is the posts but the threads themself.

I see what siho is saying, sometimes I log in and there are two pages of threads to read and you have to hurry because after a while they just disapear and it says no new threads.

It wouldnt hurt to have a health care thread and everything around healthcare goes in that thread. and another for terrorism and so on..

Well it doesnt seem like it would hurt, but you dont seem to want it.

what do you like about having a new thread rather than adding to an already existing thread? I am probably missing something.

Well yes, I did said to limit "threads" not "posts" originally. Let whoever post as much as they like but limit the amount of threads each poster may start in a day/week/month, whatever. Oh and make it to the IP address and not just a name since I strongly suspect that at least one poster here who likes to start many threads each day has at least one or two other names for himself..probably to make it look like it's not just him spamming. Which is factually what it is.

Well yes, I did said to limit "threads" not "posts" originally. Let whoever post as much as they like but limit the amount of threads each poster may start in a day/week/month, whatever. Oh and make it to the IP address and not just a name since I strongly suspect that at least one poster here who likes to start many threads each day has at least one or two other names for himself..probably to make it look like it's not just him spamming. Which is factually what it is.

Its a good idea, I am not sure why some are against it, they can still say all the same stuff they do now, just no head liner

I think its a great idea to limit threads

I also think it would be good to have a thread named polls and all info on polls goes in that thread, we have 50 different threads about a poll here or there.

There are at least 8 or 9 threads on obamas birth certificate it should all just be in one thread

there are 50 different threads on how evil sarah palin is, she should just have her own thread as should bush and obama

I am fine to post a new poll I found in a poll thread and it would be great if I could read all about the evils of Sarah Palin in just one easy thread :)

there should be a single thread for health care too and another thread for energy

that would clean things up a bit I bet

the max per day does a pretty good job of elevating the quality of posts. 3 may be too few, maybe 5 ?

the issue with attempting to funnel everything into one thread is that it gets to jumbled and menaingful info is lost.

I have no problem with more then one thread on issues, as sometimes the thread is more specific sometimes more General..like health care...its one thing to talk about it as a whole...but if you wish to specifically talk about ..say how retarded the people who cry about fake death panels are, and talk about the issue of the non existent death panals...that would be its one issue...otherwise it just takes that general health care reform off topic and hard to follow from someone who was trying to talk about some other aspect of it 4 pages ago before some new issue popped up.

as for the moderation...I have had no issues myself...any time I have been given a mark, or a post deleted..with the exception of one that I felt could have been left but did see the point ( my sarcastic post may have been taken as racist by someone who did know know me) other then that they have been just reason...heck I even posted on one of them that I would be yelled at for that post as I knew I went past the line...not that I regretted doing it...

my biggest issue is just the partison hacks who don't debate they rocks and run....if you want to know if your one of them...ask yourself, have you ever posted you wrong or sided with the side you normaly dont? If not then your not here to debate, your hear to rant...As Much as I hated Bush....he was in fact not wrong 100% of the time and I had no problem pointing out where I agreed. I have had no problem saying I was incorrect or wrong on a point as well...I know alot, but I don't claim to know all.

Exactly...when the rhetoric/diatribe keeps sounding and the language usage is sooooo exactly alike the ability to smear the board with as much B.S. and obnoxious single line 'HATE OBAMA' topics as possible; that's why I previously just said "lets just have a separate topic section just for those "I HATE OBAMA MINDSET" so that they can rant/stamp their pathetic feet and WHINE till the cows come home and I won't have to be subjected to that constant immature B.S. {but find a way to keep it from showing up on the 'New Topics' list when we all utilize that option!

Most of those old and now some newbies are on my IGNORE LIST...:cool:

This has always been a matter of concern for me. There seems to be a rise in the number of threads that are nothing but rants over issues that have long been in discussion or are otherwise nothing more than slander or libel.

In an effort to provide as much freedom as is reasonable on an open community and free forum as we find ourselves I, and I think most if not all the mods would agree that we dont want to babysit or be a police man.

The large problem found on this site is that anytime something is moved for practical purposes or deleted for duplicate or even off topic responses those with some sort of stake in that thread jump up and down scream and maybe even cry because we are limiting free speech or are partisan or some other criticism over the subject and often times rather partisan members jump to thier defense...
well there you find the tough spot.

Personally I would rather have input from the members and so far I see that being possibly instituting a limit to the amount of threads one member can create in a period of time. I am thinking 3 is reasonable in 24 hours. If you disagree this thread would be a good venue to voice those issues.

Personally, when I first joined here and the community was really small, it was generally required that you support with evidence any claim you were to make, or a link to any narrative found elsewhere for discussion purposes.
I would like to ultimately drift back towards these standards and have rants get posted in the blogs that each member is allowed, and have real discussion issues posted on the discussion board.
Any input from members would be appreciated.

Werbung:
This has always been a matter of concern for me. There seems to be a rise in the number of threads that are nothing but rants over issues that have long been in discussion or are otherwise nothing more than slander or libel.

In an effort to provide as much freedom as is reasonable on an open community and free forum as we find ourselves I, and I think most if not all the mods would agree that we dont want to babysit or be a police man.

The large problem found on this site is that anytime something is moved for practical purposes or deleted for duplicate or even off topic responses those with some sort of stake in that thread jump up and down scream and maybe even cry because we are limiting free speech or are partisan or some other criticism over the subject and often times rather partisan members jump to thier defense...
well there you find the tough spot.

Personally I would rather have input from the members and so far I see that being possibly instituting a limit to the amount of threads one member can create in a period of time. I am thinking 3 is reasonable in 24 hours. If you disagree this thread would be a good venue to voice those issues.

Personally, when I first joined here and the community was really small, it was generally required that you support with evidence any claim you were to make, or a link to any narrative found elsewhere for discussion purposes.
I would like to ultimately drift back towards these standards and have rants get posted in the blogs that each member is allowed, and have real discussion issues posted on the discussion board.
Any input from members would be appreciated.

When I first came here one of the reasons I liked it was it was smaller and you could actually keep up with the threads. Siho is right, you cant miss a day without being over loaded with threads now, and many of them are about the same topic

Back