Huckabee, leader of the american taliban?

r0beph

Werbung:
That's what this country needs in its fight against Islamic fundamentalism...good ol' Christian fundamentalism!

Who knows? Maybe Americans will pass a law that only Christians can vote! Wouldn't that be swell? So the ten to twenty percent of us who think religion is a bunch of bunk, and another large percentage who choose to believe in something other than a Christian god, can just sit outside while the good little Christians decide for us how we should be governed.

I don't think this is going to go down very well...I my opinion it proves that Huckabee doesn't agree with a very basic premise of American civil liberty--which is that if you leave me alone, I'll leave you alone. When will the religiously obsessed stop trying to foist their religion onto everyone else?

I keep waiting for a correspondent to ask Huckabee how his belief in "The End Times" affects his policy on the environment, or how his belief in "The Second Coming" affects his policy vis-a-vis Israel and Palestine.

Seems to me like pretty legitimate and obvious questions.

yeah, nothing like making it a true "religious" war, Huckabee would be the top Crusader in office. just what the enemy wants.
truly scary!
instead they would prefer Obama, who with his Muslim background, would be sympathetic and sell out our country.

Unlike the taliban, though, a fundamentalist Christian government wouldn't beat and mame women for silly little infractions, and there wouldn't be any head-chopping for minor crimes.

You can't plop all religions into the same basket. Some are rotten, some are good.

yeah, nothing like making it a true "religious" war, Huckabee would be the top Crusader in office. just what the enemy wants.
truly scary!
instead they would prefer Obama, who with his Muslim background, would be sympathetic and sell out our country.

Despite what you may think, not everyone in the US is A Christian. In Fact, approx. 25% aren't, leaves an awful lot of people.

Unlike the taliban, though, a fundamentalist Christian government wouldn't beat and mame women for silly little infractions, and there wouldn't be any head-chopping for minor crimes.

You can't plop all religions into the same basket. Some are rotten, some are good.

How silly. A fundamentalist Christian government would be just like the Talibon: public stonings, executing gays, supressing other religions, forcing biblical modesty on women, all kinds of fun and gory stuff. So they're not into beheadings but there a lots of good biblical ways to kill people.

How silly. A fundamentalist Christian government would be just like the Talibon: public stonings, executing gays, supressing other religions, forcing biblical modesty on women, all kinds of fun and gory stuff. So they're not into beheadings but there a lots of good biblical ways to kill people.

but funny thing about that Bible, they don't have lethal injection in there anywhere.

but how can you condemn the Taliban in one thread and not recognize them as an enemy in another? these people assisted in attacking the US and have declared war on the US.

Despite what you may think, not everyone in the US is A Christian. In Fact, approx. 25% aren't, leaves an awful lot of people.

it's not what I think that matters. it's how the enemy see the US. and with a super religious leader they would consider the country super religious followers, since we elected him.
think like the enemy to understand the enemy.

truly scary!

Actually, Obama was raised a Christian. He was never a Muslim.

I would much prefer an atheist, myself.

it's not what I think that matters. it's how the enemy see the US. and with a super religious leader they would consider the country super religious followers, since we elected him.
think like the enemy to understand the enemy.

The "enemy"? See them under our beds at night, do we?

Here we are, the richest, most powerful nation the Earth has ever seen, and some of our citizens are obsessed with the "enemies" that surround us.

Geeze, man, get a sense of reality.

"Good"?

Christian fundamentalists are evil swine, in my book. I'm so glad I live in a country where they can't impose their twisted, bull**** ideology on us. Maybe you're living in the wrong country.

"Good"?

Christian fundamentalists are evil swine, in my book. I'm so glad I live in a country where they can't impose their twisted, bull**** ideology on us. Maybe you're living in the wrong country.

Do they kill people in the name of God? Do they force women to live as third-class citizens? Do they use terror tactics to force compliance with their beliefs? No, No, and NO.

Look, I'm a very traditional Catholic and while I'd certainly wouldn't mind living in a Catholic theocracy, I have no problem living in the US where theocracy isn't allowed. And, I'm glad that the evangelicals don't have the power over us that muslims do in some middle east countries. Freedom of religion is good, if you ask me, and freedom to be a religion-hater is fine by me, too. That said, I'd MUCH rather live under evangelical rule than muslim or hindu rule. And, if given that ultimatum, I bet a lot of people would agree with me.

Werbung:
but funny thing about that Bible, they don't have lethal injection in there anywhere.

Nope, only lost of stonings and maybe some burnings.

but how can you condemn the Taliban in one thread and not recognize them as an enemy in another? these people assisted in attacking the US and have declared war on the US.

Who says I don't recognize the "Taliban" as an enemy?

Back