I am not asking you, I am Fucking telling you! Fantasy based religions should be banned.

You read history your way, I will read it mine. Look up the name of the Chrestian God some time. That was the clincher for me as the name match Gnostic Christian tradition. I do admit that proving anything from that far back is a tough go. I do not need to believe it but you seem to think you do.

Regards
DL

Evidently you do since you were the one that brought it up, and are now backing off from it. Do your own homework. The name, or title, Chrestian, comes from the Greek translation of early Church documents, and was in use until Constantine. There is no mention of the word until the time of Christ, and the writing of scripture.

Werbung:
The problem is, as history has shown, that banning a religion does not stop it from spreading. Christianity was a "banned" religion, so were many of the other "major" religions.

Have not read the thread but read the title.

If we banned all fantasy religion there would be no religion.

I consider most religions to be at the level of an R. A. Salvatore book but less entertaining...

I consider most religions to be at the level of an R. A. Salvatore book but less entertaining...
Also we have to take in to consideration of ones opinion of what fantasy and who decides.
Would it include religion such as Buddhist or other similar religions that do not have a god the worship.
It sure would get complicated .
Lol who knows for a fact about any religion that worship a god.
All a person can do is accept there is one in their mind and heart Or not neither can prove the other wrong.
And sadly there's only one way to find out and if you said there's not a god you might not ever know if you were right
I'm not taking a side here . Also you have tons of legal issues trying to ban religion and maybe end up starting a a armed conflict Just pointing out the issues with banning religion.Not taking sides.
I have my own opinions that pretty well differ from most people's as I think evolution and religion are possible to coexist in me at the same time.
It's hard to explain what I believe

I am not asking you, I am Fucking telling you! Fantasy based religions should be banned.

I do not swear much, but with so many believers of fantasy around, ---

Some here will defend fantasy based religions; --- even as they see that stupid people who infest what could be decent creeds are the causes of much evil. I say stupid because that is what the root cause of fantasy belief is.

Islam is as Christianity was before it matured. Islam will mature in 2050. Est. The tipping point of belief.

Does the West really want to suffer fantasy based religions for that long?

Just so you will know. I owe one of those religions quite a bit for past help; but religions based on fantasy are proving to be an evil that we, --- in terms of evolving ideologies, --- can surly do without.

The Eastern religions, notably some forms of Buddhism are superior.

I would ask all those who follow fantasy based religions, to look back at the blood soaked history of your particular creed, one of many, and ask yourself why, in these modern days, you support a fantasy based religion.

I am not a nice guy but I know evil when I see it and fantasy based religions are evil.

Do you agree or are you believer in fantasies?

Regards

DL
As Dr. Marx wrote, "Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."

So, it is difficult, if not impossible, to imagine how any type of religion could be stamped out without first eliminating the material depravities that it springs from. So much so that attempting to carry out illogical legislation designed to "ban" an idea irrespective of merit seems idiotic and cruel. Even if that were possible, depriving already heavily exploited workers of the solace that buoys them through lives chock-full of depravity and precarity would be cold-blooded and counterproductive.

??

A number of religions seek knowledge and wisdom and not some idol, supernatural or not, with all the answers.

Gnostic Christianity and Buddhism come to mind.

We seek the best rules and laws to live by and not some phantom woo.

Also we have to take in to consideration of ones opinion of what fantasy and who decides.
Would it include religion such as Buddhist or other similar religions that do not have a god the worship.
It sure would get complicated .
Lol who knows for a fact about any religion that worship a god.
All a person can do is accept there is one in their mind and heart Or not neither can prove the other wrong.
And sadly there's only one way to find out and if you said there's not a god you might not ever know if you were right
I'm not taking a side here . Also you have tons of legal issues trying to ban religion and maybe end up starting a a armed conflict Just pointing out the issues with banning religion.Not taking sides.
I have my own opinions that pretty well differ from most people's as I think evolution and religion are possible to coexist in me at the same time.
It's hard to explain what I believe
It is quite hard.

I agree and did a TLDR on it.

Please criticize it to see if I can make it match your thinking.

Eve was correct in eating of the tree of knowledge and rejecting God.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

This indicates that Jesus had no choice.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane and immoral God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women. They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

------------------------

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature, then the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

Psalm 51:5 "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.

First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.

As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.

Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should all see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.
-----------------------

Evolutionary theology.

Werbung:
It is quite hard.

I agree and did a TLDR on it.

Please criticize it to see if I can make it match your thinking.

Eve was correct in eating of the tree of knowledge and rejecting God.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

This indicates that Jesus had no choice.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane and immoral God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women. They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

------------------------

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature, then the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

Psalm 51:5 "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.

First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.

As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.

Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should all see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.
-----------------------

Evolutionary theology.

your asking the wrong person

Back