If clergy were honest, would religions die?

If clergy were honest, would religions die?

I do not think so. Based on the fact, some clergy are maintaining religions based on telling the truth and have stopped lying to their adherents. Knowing this, I wonder why the clergy of all supernaturally based religions continue to lie to their adherents.

In the more honest distant past, those who sought God; did so at a more intellectual level than most do today. The ancients admitted that nothing concrete could be known about God. God was said to be unknowable, unfathomable and worked in mysterious ways and that no attributes could be applied to God.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Today, the idol worshiping religions, like Christianity and Islam, have given what they still claim is an unknowable, unfathomable and mysterious God, with kinds of attributes; which of course are human attributes taken to the maximum of the impossible and delusional supernatural.

Some religions seem to be returning to the more intelligent thinking of the ancients.

Would the idol worshiping religions like Christianity and Islam, be well served if their clergy returned to telling the truth of what they can know of God, or are the clergy serving their religions better by continuing to lie to their adherents?

Regards

DL

P.S.

What is said here about politicians and business is a good analogy to what I think religions do.

Every rebel against God who ever lived has died long before he ever saw God disappear from human worship.

Werbung:
Every rebel against God who ever lived has died long before he ever saw God disappear from human worship.
I like seekers of a good God.

I dislike those who have settled for the genocidal LGBTQ+ hating prick of a God you like.

Start looking at his immoral tenets and we might have a decent discussion.

Try imagining this scenario.

All religions in America are eliminated and all of US are asked to help create a set of voluntary principles which most Americans would agree to follow which might help us all get along together in harmony.

Wouldn't we start with Christianity as the point where we added stipulations to it, or took some biblical rules out of consideration as what we would voluntarily decide which set of rules to obey which would give the most numbers of citizens the most happiness at the least cost in effort?

You wouldn't be so ignorant about what you believe if you read some Dawkins and Hitchens.
But godbotherers have always resisted the facts.
If Christians argued morals the way they are supposed to do, biblically speaking, then places like this would thrive.

Mention morals and they run for the hills. Their arguing is done with inquisitions and jihads.

Try imagining this scenario.

All religions in America are eliminated and all of US are asked to help create a set of voluntary principles which most Americans would agree to follow which might help us all get along together in harmony.

Wouldn't we start with Christianity as the point where we added stipulations to it, or took some biblical rules out of consideration as what we would voluntarily decide which set of rules to obey which would give the most numbers of citizens the most happiness at the least cost in effort?
Rules, Laws?

We are only free to follow the rules set by the secular law of the land.

Especially Americans, given their daily oath of allegiance to the State and not to a God.

The State sustains life and is due more than God, as it keeps what houses Gods, you and I, alive.

That is the separation of State and God. The State will not allow the opposite.

Religions and all their imaginary Gods must bow to the State, by following their laws, or look out.

That is the way things should be.

Rules, Laws?

Especially Americans, given their daily oath of allegiance to the State and not to a God.

The State sustains life and is due more than God, as it keeps what houses Gods, you and I, alive.

Religions and all their imaginary Gods must bow to the State, by following their laws, or look out.

Its hard to imagine only living according to secular codified civil laws and without the religious rules and laws.

I think most people already accept these religious cultural, social and emotional guidelines so thoroughly that they don't realize how crucial a part religion plays in making life and harmonious interaction with others, even possible.

You seem to have a "hard on" for the imaginary being in your mind which you have made into a "straw man" you can beat up on without worrying about retribution.

Try just accepting that other bloke's religiously inspired civility should be something which you are gateful for.

Unless you enjoy beating up on the God you don't believe in yourself in order to prompt others to chat with your bad assed self.

😆

in a nutshell - the elite class of Manichaeans allegedly engaged in an odd ritual in which they poured flour on a table, had sex on it, and then made bread from the “seeded” flour.
MInd if a Logic person points out a grave stupidity of yours....You claim 3 things that are illogical
1) You say that clergy can't be honest because religion would die. But that means no evidence suffices. I could as well say "Clergy must not be lying because by your own admission religion has been around as long as people
2) You claim to know but you couldn't or you would state it. Clergy or no clergy if you KNEW religion provably wrong you would --- wait for it --- PROVE IT :)
3) and the thing that I gather most people on here seem to dislike about you: You call everyone you disagree with a liar. All those people who are religious you call liars.

Anyway, most have stopped replying to you because of your reprehensible stupid blind hatreds. I will join them but I had to make you know that you are an illogical fraud.

Rules, Laws?

You sure are a lousy writer. Phew !!
I can quote many a President to show you have no idea what you are referring to.

And the distinction you make is actually rooted in religoin though you are ignorant of it

ROMANS 13

Submission to Governing Authorities​

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

Its hard to imagine only living according to secular codified civil laws and without the religious rules and laws.

I think most people already accept these religious cultural, social and emotional guidelines so thoroughly that they don't realize how crucial a part religion plays in making life and harmonious interaction with others, even possible.

You seem to have a "hard on" for the imaginary being in your mind which you have made into a "straw man" you can beat up on without worrying about retribution.

Try just accepting that other bloke's religiously inspired civility should be something which you are gateful for.

Unless you enjoy beating up on the God you don't believe in yourself in order to prompt others to chat with your bad assed self.

😆
Psychobabble is a stupid waste of time.

You wouldn't be so ignorant about what you believe if you read some Dawkins and Hitchens.
But godbotherers have always resisted the facts.
Dawkins proved he has no idea how the universe originated but he declared that he "knows" God was not involved. What a pompous buffoon.

Dawkins proved he has no idea how the universe originated but he declared that he "knows" God was not involved. What a pompous buffoon.
He never said he had no idea. Like all good scholars if they aren't certain they say they dont know yet.

He also knows there is no evidence of any silly god.

Dawkins has more intelligence than every dumb arsed godbotherer on earth, combined. Including you.
A grown man with the info available is still believing in God is an indictment on the human race. Every time you post about god I believe evolution stalled when it got you.

Werbung:
Back