Is Harry Reid a Racist or just a Democrat?

asur

When people write books they put their inner thoughts into words.

They aren't spur of the moment type slips that might
be explained away.

2ajrq4w.jpg

The fact that Harry Reid said "Barack Obama had an advantage because he's "light-skinned" and has "no Negro dialect" unless he wants to employ it." is troubling.

Apparently Reid didn't see anything wrong with his written words.
Apparently his white, democrat proof reader didn't have a problem with it.

Many in the black community are angry with Reid's statement.

http://hiphopwired.com/2010/01/10/d...-with-senator-harry-reid-over-obama-comments/

This isn't the first racist statement make by the democrat leader.

Apparently, Harry Reid’s on tape in conversations with Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich shortly before his arrest insisting no black replace Obama in the Senate. Reid wanted either Tammy Duckworth or Lisa Madigan, since Reid believed (correctly) that Jesse Jackson Jr., Emil Jones, Danny Davis, or other black politicians won’t be able to win election in their own right in 2010.

You decide.

Werbung:

be explained away.

The fact that Harry Reid said "Barack Obama had an advantage because he's "light-skinned" and has "no Negro dialect" unless he wants to employ it." is troubling.

Apparently his white, racist democrat proofreader didn't have a problem with it either.

http://hiphopwired.com/2010/01/10/d...-with-senator-harry-reid-over-obama-comments/

This isn't the first racist statement make by the democrat leader.

Apparently, Harry Reid’s on tape in conversations with Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich shortly before his arrest insisting no black replace Obama in the Senate. Reid wanted either Tammy Duckworth or Lisa Madigan, since Reid believed (correctly) that Jesse Jackson Jr., Emil Jones, Danny Davis, or other black politicians won’t be able to win election in their own right in 2010.

You decide.

Just a typical democrat politician. Not all normal democrats are like political democrats. look at the things the vice president has said about obama and other ethnic people and he still rose to vp

Robert Byrd is the longest sitting senator for the d party and he was a leader of the kkk

they forgive their own about big race things and crusify the R party on even the smallest things and turn nothing into big race issues.

but the ds in the house are not like normal ds that vote.

Isnt there already a thread about this ? or was it deleted?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/us/politics/10reidweb.html?th&emc=th
Mr. Reid telephoned the president to convey his regret personally, aides to both men said, for a comment from a new published account of the 2008 presidential race. The book reported that Mr. Reid privately urged Mr. Obama, then a freshman senator, to seek the presidency in the fall of 2006 despite his limited experience and the historical obstacles to making such a run.
“I deeply regret using such a poor choice of words,” Mr. Reid said in a statement. “I sincerely apologize for offending any and all Americans, especially African-Americans, for my improper comments.”
President Obama quickly expressed support for Mr. Reid.
“I accepted Harry’s apology without question because I’ve known him for years. I’ve seen the passionate leadership he’s shown on issues of social justice, and I know what’s in his heart,” Mr. Obama said in a statement, adding that the remark was “unfortunate.” “As far as I am concerned, the book is closed.”
Mr. Reid moved aggressively to respond to the comment he made to the two authors of the book, “Game Change.” In addition to calling Mr. Obama on Saturday, Mr. Reid reached out to several black political leaders as his aides sought to quell the political fallout that other politicians have endured after making impolitic comments about race.
While you have that knack for the all mighty twisting and inability to read/comprehend some basic facts {your topic title}...this isn't like the incident that the all anointed Trent Lott experienced...Trent's own party went after him like 'STINK ON SH!T' and pushed him into resigning! Even his fearless leader G.W.B. turned his back on Trent and then Trent resigned!

I don't agree with what Speaker Reid said...I can see that Mr. Reid phoned and explained the {real meaning/word} intent behind his words at that time have been accepted by the President and if it's ok with the person that the words were spoke about...why/what is it any matter to YOU, ASUR? Other than your usual style/mind set to smear the Democrats as if they collectively made that comment :rolleyes:

While you have that knack for the all mighty twisting and inability to read/comprehend some basic facts {your topic title}...this isn't like the incident that the all anointed Trent Lott experienced...Trent's own party went after him like 'STINK ON SH!T' and pushed him into resigning! Even his fearless leader G.W.B. turned his back on Trent and then Trent resigned!

You are correct. The Rs forced out Lott for comments not nearly as racist as Dingy Harry's. At the time, I disagreed with the liberal W and the Rs for dumping Lott.

But the party of racism, will not take action against Dingy.

If the Rs are smart (very unlikely) they will not let this drop. R leaders must demand he resign and keep up their demands continuously for several days.

Where are Jesse "High" Jackson and Al Sharpton?

Harry Reid has low poll numbers for good reason.

Sen. Reid even compared Obamacare Opponents to Supporters of Slavery, which is
silly stuff.

But don't you think Harry Reid is a hypocrite!

Harry Reid has low poll numbers for good reason.
Sen. Reid even compared Obamacare Opponents to Supporters of Slavery, which is silly stuff.
But don't you think Harry Reid is a hypocrite!
I'm quite familiar with the definition of HYPOCRITE...and since you've asked a valid question {despite your ugly topic heading} I'll have to answer...

Yes, indeed it would appear {according to your UTUBE post} that Mr. Reid has had a few moments where he really needed a 'pregnant pause' to gather his thoughts prior to opening his orifice and putting both feet into it :eek:

So while I'm sure that Dear Harry would appreciate your CONCERN/WORRY about his low POLL numbers...he may or may not be back after the next election for his seat...{{ YAWN }}

And as Pandora pointed out...there was another topic regarding this issue but then you wouldn't have been able to write such an articulate title for your POV ;)

First, and apart from silly feigned racial affronts, is anything Reid said untrue ?

No, its not.

But whats good for the goose (Lott) is good for the gander (Reid).

be explained away.

2ajrq4w.jpg

Apparently his white, democrat proof reader didn't have a problem with it.

You decide.

I decided... here's the difference and it's really very easy to understand.

The Republicans are not a big tent Party. What they do as a Party does not engender much Black support at all. So when they make racial slurs much worse by the way than anything Reed said it sticks to them like glue.

On the other hand the Democratic Party is a Big Tent Party of which a major portion is minorities including Blacks. So going in there's a whole different perspective. It's like if you hang out with a certain group you can say things more openly because you're like family to them.

What Reed did was explain what he thought the American electorate would think about a man like President Obama.

And nothing Harry Reed said was factually incorrect. Many people do unfortunately vote somewhat on the looks of a candidate and certainly it would not be a good campaign stratagy to have a candidate that spoke only in ebonics and street slang.

I understand once this is brought up publicly just to be clear it's polite to apologize but I see no problem here.

Americans of all backgrounds love President Obama. In fact that was the best thing about working on his campaign seeing all the multiracial camaraderie.

Now the View did find some Republicans doing what Republicans do. You decide.
:rolleyes:

The Republicans are not a big tent Party. What they do as a Party does not engender much Black support at all. So when they make racial slurs much worse by the way than anything Reed said it sticks to them like glue.

On the other hand the Democratic Party is a Big Tent Party of which a major portion is minorities including Blacks. So going in there's a whole different perspective. It's like if you hang out with a certain group you can say things more openly because you're like family to them.

What Reed did was explain what he thought the American electorate would think about a man like President Obama.

And nothing Harry Reed said was factually incorrect. Many people do unfortunately vote somewhat on the looks of a candidate and certainly it would not be a good campaign stratagy to have a candidate that spoke only in ebonics and street slang.

I understand once this is brought up publicly just to be clear it's polite to apologize but I see no problem here.

Americans of all backgrounds love President Obama. In fact that was the best thing about working on his campaign seeing all the multiracial camaraderie.

:rolleyes:

Ahh so in other words its ok when democrats say racist things :)

You are so cute :)

What? "If you hang out with a certain group of people you can say things more openly because you are like family?" That sounds like an amazing lame attempt to justify his comment. Either a comment is racist or it is not. Which is it? It has nothing to do with political ideologies incorporated by either Party.

If I have a black friend, does that then make it OK for me to go around making comments like this... because after all, I hang out with a black guy right?

In a poor fashion, which he should have (and has) apologized for.

How about this. A study by the New Century Foundation has found that Blacks have a much higher crime rate than Whites. If I took that information and went out campaigning on the issue that black people ought to be profiled etc etc... I would be deemed a racist in a heartbeat, regardless that nothing I might have said would be "factually incorrect." (At least in theory)

Obviously people from all backgrounds like the President, he would not have gotten elected if that was not the case.

That has nothing to do with Harry Reid's comments however, and it should come as no surprise that he is getting jumped on for it.

Again, I want to know why Jesse High-Jackson and Al Sharpton are not demanding Reid's resignation? Why are they not demonstrating? Why are they not all over the media?

Well, it must be because its the weekend. I am certain they will be on all the news shows tomorrow.:eek:

Again, I want to know why Jesse High-Jackson and Al Sharpton are not demanding Reid's resignation? Why are they not demonstrating? Why are they not all over the media?

Well, it must be because its the weekend. I am certain they will be on all the news shows tomorrow.:eek:
"Well there you go again" {in my best Ronnie Reagan imitation voice} ...have you phoned either one of them and asked them WTH they think about that :confused:

Werbung:
Back