Is There A God ???

Plato232

whether you believe in a certain religion or you believe in spirituality or you may be an athiest or you may be agnostic. I ask everyone to air their views

Noone is right and noone is wrong. This is the one topic that can't be proved or disproved. All I ask is that you express your views without trying to dismiss others outrightly.

Noone can prove either way and so this is the absolute topic of debate.
all i ask is for everyone entering this debate, please enter it with anopen mind as one side cannot disprove the other.

Werbung:
I think there is a Creative Force behind the existence of the Universe. Having been out-of-body on several occasions and knowing how this can be done fairly simply I have come to think that my consciouness is not irrevocably tied to my physical body.

I don't ask anyone else to believe the things I think are true, I have no dogma, I have no rules that others are required to follow, I have no building where I am required to go once a week. The journey I have made is open to anyone with an inquiring mind--it's neither difficult nor expensive. I live to the best of my ability by my personal code of HARM NONE because it seems right to me, but I do not prescribe it for others.

I think there is a Creative Force behind the existence of the Universe. Having been out-of-body on several occasions and knowing how this can be done fairly simply I have come to think that my consciouness is not irrevocably tied to my physical body.

This is perhaps the most honest answer one can expect, considering its source.

I don't ask anyone else to believe the things I think are true, I have no dogma, I have no rules that others are required to follow, I have no building where I am required to go once a week. The journey I have made is open to anyone with an inquiring mind--it's neither difficult nor expensive. I live to the best of my ability by my personal code of HARM NONE because it seems right to me, but I do not prescribe it for others.

You do not abide even by the rules of logic?

And how, pray tell, do you follow your personal code? Do you have an exclusive knowledge on what is harmful to each and every person you meet?

was there a God of dinosaurs?

According to that new Creationism theme park, back in Kentucky, dinosaurs and humans, like Adam and Eve, hung out together.

It's obviously ridiculous, and really makes one wonder about the overall intelligence of fundamentalist Christians.

This is perhaps the most honest answer one can expect, considering its source.
You do not abide even by the rules of logic?
And how, pray tell, do you follow your personal code? Do you have an exclusive knowledge on what is harmful to each and every person you meet?

You have long since removed yourself from any discussion with me. If you had paid attention to the original post you would know better than to have written this.

You have long since removed yourself from any discussion with me. If you had paid attention to the original post you would know better than to have written this.

Quite right!

It is beneath anyone to respond to opinions not based on facts and logic.

Noone is right and noone is wrong. This is the one topic that can't be proved or disproved.
Noone can prove either way and so this is the absolute topic of debate.

Nonsense actually, ie, there's no evidence of God's existence, so there's nothing to disprove, God is an imaginary concept.

The only way I can get someone to do what I want is to provide a positive benefit. "God said" is nothing more than a con-game to get someone to do something they want without having to justify asking. A criminal act.

The only beef I have with the above two posts is that God is a concept, and all concepts are in some ways imaginary by definition in that they are conceived by the brain. And buying into the God con game isn't always a criminal act, IMO.

The only beef I have with the above two posts is that God is a concept, and all concepts are in some ways imaginary by definition in that they are conceived by the brain. And buying into the God con game isn't always a criminal act, IMO.

That's not what I meant....I'm an Objectivist philosopher of sorts, so when I speak about things like definitions and concepts etc, I have very specific and valid meanings behind them....so in the case of God vs mathematics for example, we need to be aware that the basis of mathematics is the unit of one, and in particular, a reference point to reality.....now compare that to the imaginary concept of God.

And buying into the God con game isn't always a criminal act, IMO.

It all comes down to what is the basis for right from wrong. "God Said" can only be subjective using a sock puppet as a con, which is a direct violation of one's individual rights and sovereignty, a criminal act. The difference between being controlled by truth or lies.

Werbung:
What is your definition of God first, because there is some proof for some kind of creating power, but no proof apart from 'faith' and word of mouth for any of the organized religion's interpretations of God.

Back