Just When You Thought Democrats Could not be More Insane, THIS HAPPENS

Biden and the KKK Grand Kleagle

ac471419-59e4-4865-bb7f-42eb5b9115d4-AP_Obama_Biden_2008.JPG

Werbung:
Did the Democrats support the South during the Civil War?

1861–1933. After the election of Abraham Lincoln, Southern Democrats led the charge to secede from the Union and establish the Confederate States. The United States Congress was dominated by Republicans, save for Andrew Johnson of Tennessee, the only senator from a state in rebellion to reject secession.

Southern Democrats - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Southern_Democrats

sure, and those southern democrats were southern conservatives...republicans are the party of southern conservatives.

which is why the south is solidly republican, moron. lol.

god you're stupid.

from your own link: "Subsequent to the passage of civil rights legislation, many White southerners switched to the Republican Party at the national level. Many scholars have said that Southern whites shifted to the Republican Party due to racial conservatism"

Biden and the KKK Grand Kleagle

ac471419-59e4-4865-bb7f-42eb5b9115d4-AP_Obama_Biden_2008.JPG

Though various prominent politicians eulogized Byrd at his funeral, the senator was never the grand wizard of the KKK and he has acknowledged and apologized for his membership during his youth.

Byrd later renounced his membership to the organization

Byrd referred to his membership in a 2005 memoir: “It has emerged throughout my life to haunt and embarrass me and has taught me in a very graphic way what one major mistake can do to one's life, career, and reputation. Paradoxically, it was that same extraordinarily foolish mistake which led me into politics in the first place.

he was young and stupid and matured and changed his ways..unlike moron republicans. :)

WASHINGTON, DC – The NAACP is saddened by the passing of United States Senator Robert Byrd. Byrd, the longest serving member of congress was first elected to the U.S. House from in 1952 and was elected Senator in 1958. Byrd passed away this morning at the age of 92.

“Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation,” stated NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous. “Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to a being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country.

even the naacp honored byrd.

you're so stupid you don't even know what you are posting about. lol.

because you're a moron :)

lbj? how long ago was that, moron? lol

and he was describing a general condition, not his personal views:

We were in Tennessee. During the motorcade, he spotted some ugly racial epithets scrawled on signs. Late that night in the hotel, when the local dignitaries had finished the last bottles of bourbon and branch water and departed, he started talking about those signs. "I'll tell you what's at the bottom of it," he said. "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

Werbung:
Back