Karl Rove! COME ON DOWN!!!!!

Werbung:
The United States is not dictated to by the world. Democrats and Republicans can agree on that. Further, Obama does not want to weaken the office of the Presidency by following through on this~bigrob
Hmmm..

So when we go asking around for cash at the bank, we'll just tell them we can do as we please with the land they're holding the note on...even if what we do damages the financial standing of the bank and their interest in seeing the loan repaid...

That financial analogy should sober you up a little. The GOP, if nothing else, looks at things from a bottom-line perspective. Bottom line is, Bushco left us at the MERCY of the world. Pretty poor timing to slap the world in the face just for good measure...
:rolleyes:

Hmmm..

So when we go asking around for cash at the bank, we'll just tell them we can do as we please with the land they're holding the note on...even if what we do damages the financial standing of the bank and their interest in seeing the loan repaid...

That financial analogy should sober you up a little. The GOP, if nothing else, looks at things from a bottom-line perspective. Bottom line is, Bushco left us at the MERCY of the world. Pretty poor timing to slap the world in the face just for good measure...

Creditors do not care if you adhere to some "worldly principle." Creditors care about the issue of how solid is the investment. Right now, the dollar remains a solid investment, despite the best efforts of our government (both D and R) to change that.

Outside of that, we have been borrowing money from the world for years. (much longer than just under Bush). Fact of the matter is this. If we can retain a strong dollar, then we will get credit. That is all that matters.

Maybe. But then again maybe not. Other countries have moral scruples, ideologies and such and don't pray to the dollar as openly and wantonly as some Americans. Perhaps this time they want something more than money back for their investment. Maybe their conscience tells them not to do business with unrepentant thugs? Maybe they like their position of fiscal power over us enough to insist we live by the standards we bloodily force the rest of the world to live by..fairness...equaility...due process...DEMOCRACY..

Remember what the Iraq war was supposedly all about? Or was it about money for the monopoly. I wonder if the world is waiting to see what we do, in our actions with respect to those culpable, to clarify which issue the war was really about before they lend us a helping hand?

Maybe it would be best to err on the side of caution as to that matter...

Either our actions reflect that we are all about democracy and fairness, or they don't.

We are in the spotlight and the world is waiting to see what we will do. Maybe they'll really send the message of hurt by boycotting American products? Maybe McDonalds will start to be banned around the world. Nah, no country would ever do that?

Maybe. But then again maybe not. Other countries have moral scruples, ideologies and such and don't pray to the dollar as openly and wantonly as some Americans.

China has moral scruples?

Perhaps this time they want something more than money back for their investment. Maybe their conscience tells them not to do business with unrepentant thugs? Maybe they like their position of fiscal power over us enough to insist we live by the standards we bloodily force the rest of the world to live by..fairness...equaility...due process...DEMOCRACY..

China could care less about "moral scruples." When extending credit or backing their own currency with the dollar, what matters is stability. As long as the dollar provides that, we are fine.

Remember what the Iraq war was supposedly all about? Or was it about money for the monopoly. I wonder if the world is waiting to see what we do, in our actions with respect to those culpable, to clarify which issue the war was really about before they lend us a helping hand?

I don't think they care what the war was about as long as the oil flows and the dollar is relatively stable.

As to your point about McDonalds. That has no bearing on whether the United States is able to obtain credit.

I think you could be wrong that China doesn't care that The Monoilpoly was trying to take over the Middle East. I think you could be wrong that other countries don't have more morality than a shrewd capitalistic one.

And speaking of that, what's with the USA going into debt so heavily with a communistic country like Red China? Aren't we supposed to hate the commies and everything they stand for? But we'll take their tainted money eh? What exactly does the USA stand for anyway?

I think you could be wrong that China doesn't care that The Monoilpoly was trying to take over the Middle East. I think you could be wrong that other countries don't have more morality than a shrewd capitalistic one.

Why would China be devastated that we invaded Iraq? The oil flow was not upset. Many other countries continued to pump oil as always. The oil market is a world market. Invading Iraq does not upset the flow to China.

I think countries do have moral standards, they are nowhere near the current moral standards we enjoy in the United States however.

And speaking of that, what's with the USA going into debt so heavily with a communistic country like Red China? Aren't we supposed to hate the commies and everything they stand for? But we'll take their tainted money eh? What exactly does the USA stand for anyway?

I wouldn't call China a true Communist society. Aside from that however, sure they are not the most moral of societies. What does that change? What country anywhere does not have some flaws? You can deal with people without having them subscribe to your same moral code.

In fact if you want to do anything internationally, you must accept that in a hurry.

Using your logic, I was thinking about getting a loan from the mob, since the banks are sitting on all that bailout cash from last Fall. You'd be OK with that since the source of the money doesn't matter?

Who knows? Maybe the mob and China have the same "collection policies"?

Using your logic, I was thinking about getting a loan from the mob, since the banks are sitting on all that bailout cash from last Fall. You'd be OK with that since the source of the money doesn't matter?

Who knows? Maybe the mob and China have the same "collection policies"?

I think your analogy is flawed. A correct analogy would say there are no banks. The Mafia is the only source of lending. Do you 1) Not borrow, even though you are in dire need of money or 2) borrow because that is really the only option you have.

A correct analogy would say there are no banks. The Mafia is the only source of lending~ BigRob
Hmmmm...interesting. So BigRob, you speak like you're in the know quite a bit, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one.

You DO realize you've just defined capitalism in its most elemental form? And the reason why it isn't compatible with a moral society?

And you're still a capitalist? So what are you telling us dear?

So to summarize BigRob's GOP-pro-capitalist comments on the last couple of pages, he thinks its fine to cavort with communists...if financial necessity dictates that and that he admits the ruthless and amoral mafia is behind all things financial in the world of unbridled capitalism.

And that this is acceptable.

So now. :cool: How large of a leap from that way of thinking is it to surmise that Bushco was up to its eyebrows in illicit arab money and ties in order to monopolize the oil in the Middle East?

Take your time...

You could've written the article for Rense yourself BigRob...

Do all republicans tune their morality thusly, you know, based on money, instead of God being the basis of their faith?

I wonder how many GOP have the brass orbs to say what BigRob just has? How many GOP think it's a great idea to cavort with commies and terrorists, like the mob, as long as "the price is right"?

Anyone? I know I said take your time....but this much time?
Maybe you're busy eh?

So to summarize BigRob's GOP-pro-capitalist comments on the last couple of pages, he thinks its fine to cavort with communists...if financial necessity dictates that and that he admits the ruthless and amoral mafia is behind all things financial in the world of unbridled capitalism.

And that this is acceptable.

Not sure that I said a "mafia" was behind anything, outside of using that terminology in my analogy. Aside from that:

Yes, I think it is fine to deal with communists, or anyone for that matter. All I hear about from the left is we need to talk to and engage our enemies. I suppose that does not translate to the financial sector?

As for morality. I would find it unacceptable if China tried to impose their morals on us by lending money, however this is not the case.

So now. :cool: How large of a leap from that way of thinking is it to surmise that Bushco was up to its eyebrows in illicit arab money and ties in order to monopolize the oil in the Middle East?

Wouldn't it have made more sense to then actually take over the oil fields upon occupation? Can you explain to me how China got the first big oil contract coming out of Iraq, if the war was fought to ensure US control of Iraqi oil fields?

Do all republicans tune their morality thusly, you know, based on money, instead of God being the basis of their faith?

I am not here to speak for all republicans. What I will say is that economic growth is a positive thing and should be viewed as such. Individualism and greed are the mother of invention. Without it, we would be nowhere near the level we are at today.

I would rather a prosperous society that can help people than a declining society that is unable to support anyone.

As for the delayed response... some of us work.

Werbung:
I know a way out of sleeping with the devil BigRob: rapid and largescale switch to alternatives. As fast as we possibly can get 'er done..

Or is that less preferable than prostituting ourselves to the Chinese? Or shady arabs? Listening to the far right, one could conclude that they would rather sell their souls to the oil devil than convert to alternatives...Some already have.

And they've sold our nation with the deal.

And it's time to set wrongs to right.

Now.

Back