Killer Storms is GODs Wrath!

Theologically speaking, our God is not a vengeful God. My wife is a Bibical scholar, and it drives her CRAZY when people, including reverends and pastors and the like, blame God for somebody's death or somebody's plight. All of these natural disasters and untimely deaths and all things "bad" are the work of SATAN, not the work of God.

It is the endless battle between good and evil, between God and satan. Sometimes satan wins.

DON'T BLAME GOD. Our God is a loving God.

I agree that God is not vengeful in the way that people speak of it. If God sends a whirlwind (and He did) to suck Elijah up into heaven then it was for his benefit rather than for his harm. When God is responsible for things lovers-of-God do not like it is likewise for our own good.

Does Satan sometimes win? I do not think so. Does Satan sometimes do things contrary to the will of God, that we do not like, but which are used for a greater good? I do think so. Does Satan sometimes do things contrary to the will of God which are not used for our benefit? Yes I suppose so. I would not call that a victory. It is just rebellion.

I can say that God is never the author of evil. I cannot say He is never the author of something I don't like. Can I say that He is never the author of something that, with no benefit, harms a person who is evil? I don't know. But if an evil person is harmed with no benefit I can say that is an example of justice.

Werbung:
Theologically speaking, our God is not a vengeful God. My wife is a Bibical scholar, and it drives her CRAZY when people, including reverends and pastors and the like, blame God for somebody's death or somebody's plight. All of these natural disasters and untimely deaths and all things "bad" are the work of SATAN, not the work of God.

It is the endless battle between good and evil, between God and satan. Sometimes satan wins.

DON'T BLAME GOD. Our God is a loving God.

If Our God is a loving God then why he created Hell and Satan?

If Our God is a loving God then why he created Hell and Satan?

God did not create Satan. Satan is merely a title given to one who accuses someone, it means "the accuser". God created an angel who later took on the role of accusing people. Blame Satan for his own actions.

The OT and the NT uses a variety of words that many people just call "hell". But they are not all the same and don't mean the same thing.

One just means grave. so when a person uses the word hell to refer to the grave then he just means a hole in the ground. People created graves.

This wiki article tells us the various words used for hell in either Judaism or Chistianity. Which word do you want me to tell you about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell

Gaea is visiting her wrath on the Mid West because there are so many Christians there who deny her existence. She won't visit her wrath on San Francisco, as there is still hope for conversion there.

Gaea is visiting her wrath on the Mid West because there are so many Christians there who deny her existence. She won't visit her wrath on San Francisco, as there is still hope for conversion there.

Quotes? Nope.
Italics? Nope.
Looong words? Nope.
Smilies? Nope.

Is that what you believe?:D

If we call a person who is not a member of this forum and who is a public persona a nutcase that is one thing. But to call a member a nutcase is generally inappropriate. Maybe you thought he was quoting someone else. I am sure somewhere in this country there is a self-appointed prophet publicly saying something just like that.

when you claim god kills 200 people in a tornado becuse he is angry at gays or what have you...your a nut case...and I ment it full well aimed at Steve...there is no nice way to argue something so stupid.

when you claim god kills 200 people in a tornado becuse he is angry at gays or what have you...your a nut case...and I ment it full well aimed at Steve...there is no nice way to argue something so stupid.

Steve used "gay marriage" as one example of the loss of moral values in this country, so PFOS, you are blowing (no pun intended) what Steve stated out of proportion.

In my opinion, gay marriage is a religious issue. Period. Personally, I could care less if "Bob" wants to marry "Bruce", or "Jill" wants to marry "Jane". What gays do behind closed doors is their business, but when they ask for special rights as a "minority" and they flaunt their sexual preferences in public with parades and protests, that is where the gay people cross the line.

God did not create Satan. Satan is merely a title given to one who accuses someone, it means "the accuser". God created an angel who later took on the role of accusing people. Blame Satan for his own actions.

The OT and the NT uses a variety of words that many people just call "hell". But they are not all the same and don't mean the same thing.

One just means grave. so when a person uses the word hell to refer to the grave then he just means a hole in the ground. People created graves.

This wiki article tells us the various words used for hell in either Judaism or Chistianity. Which word do you want me to tell you about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell

Matthew 25:41
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

God did create Satan
http://www.broadcaster.org.uk/section2/transcript/satansummary.htm

Gee, and all this time I thought a low pressure ridge drew up gulf moisture, formed super cells and droped a bunch of twisters on the poor folk of the south and midwest.

Steve used "gay marriage" as one example of the loss of moral values in this country, so PFOS, you are blowing (no pun intended) what Steve stated out of proportion.

In my opinion, gay marriage is a religious issue. Period. Personally, I could care less if "Bob" wants to marry "Bruce", or "Jill" wants to marry "Jane". What gays do behind closed doors is their business, but when they ask for special rights as a "minority" and they flaunt their sexual preferences in public with parades and protests, that is where the gay people cross the line.

special preference...IE to do what other couples can do...ooo special.

Maybe if they had rights and they would not need a parade.

and I could care less if gay was just one example steve used...its not the reason for a tornado killing almost 300 people...if once chooses to believe such idiocy, then they should be called on it.

Also if Gay rights is a Religious issues..well then gay marriage should be legal as there are churches who will marry them...or is it one of those where only your religion gets to be the judge things....

Matthew 25:41
"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Well your verse answers your own question. It does not use the word "hell" so we need not ask which word to consider. But it does say that the purpose of preparing the eternal fire is so that the devil and his angels can go there.

What do we already know that will shed more light on this? First we know that angels are spiritual beings. Obviously a physical fire would have no effect on a spiritual being so we can assue some metaphorical language is used or it is a spiritual fire of some sort.

Gee, and all this time I thought a low pressure ridge drew up gulf moisture, formed super cells and droped a bunch of twisters on the poor folk of the south and midwest.

Unless one has a special revelation from God I think that would be the best explanation. There is no guarantee but it is a hypotheses.

Werbung:
special preference...IE to do what other couples can do...ooo special.

Have sex? They have that right.

Have a person in a robe tell them they are married? They have that right.

Be forced to pay the state to get a license saying that a man in a robe told them they are married? That is not a right. That is a loss of rights.

And if the state is going to take away people's rights it should have a darn good compelling reason. I suggest that the state only take away the rights of people whose inheritance and handling of the children they create will require the intervention of the state. Gay people do not presently create children in any significant way so they do not need to lose their rights to freely associate with whomever they want.

Should the people who are forced to get a license have any special privileges that go along with it? No.

Back