Killer Storms is GODs Wrath!

There are millions of very smart people who believe in God and millions who do not have faith. It is not a matter of it being stupid.

To state that there is no God or to use that as a premise in a syllogism is illogical.

You can certainly state that you have not seen the evidence but many people have seen the evidence. It takes a certain kind of arrogance to discount the testimony of millions of smart people based on your own lack of evidence.

Must you believe that there is a God? No. But it is still illogical to affirm that there is not one. Well, unless you have complete knowledge of the universe.

Is your analogy of God to a leprechuan convincing? Firstly, it is not a logical argument it is just an analogy. One can make an analogy about anything but that does not mean the analogy holds water. The analogy is supposed to be saying that there is no evidence for the existence of leprechuans so therefore there is no evidence for the existence of God. That falls flat for two reasons. 1. they are not connected. It would be like saying there is no evidence for blue swans so therefore black swans do not exist. and 2. while you are not convinced by the evidence for God there is actually an abundance of evidence.

This has nothing to do with faith in a god...many smart people have faith in god, my GF is very smart and has faith in God.

However smart people don't believe that God kills 300 people in Alabama Mississippi ext out of wrath against Gays or some social ills.

3rd, there is not a abundance of evidence of a God...there is Faith...that is about it. Does not mean there is not one, but there is not much real evidence that there is one,

4. even if you believe in God..even a Christian god...you are pretty dumb to think that you know the motive of Gods thinking for a Tornado...thats both arrogant and stupid. Now if a rainbow colored tornado hits San Fran, and carves the word die fags did into the ground...maybe you could have a point...

I don't play the game where I pretend like everyones Religious viewpoint has equal merit...some are just flat out stupid and should be called on it. If one does not believe in gay marriage so be it...don't marry a gay...just don't force your idea on others when it has no impact on your freedom, and don't try to act like God is killing people with nature as punishment...you know who does that...the Westborogh Funeral Protesters...and you know what...they are mindless idiots...The fact that they are Christian..and idiots...does not mean that all Christians are idiots.

Werbung:
Tornadoes are good when they flatten mosques, but bad when they flatten churches. I'm not sure about synagogues. That might be neutral.

well if your a KKK/ neo nazi Christian then the Synagogues are bad...if your a non idiot racist Christian..I think they tend on the good to neutral side.

Also if your football team loses...God hate them, you, and your city. :)

well if your a KKK/ neo nazi Christian then the Synagogues are bad...if your a non idiot racist Christian..I think they tend on the good to neutral side.

Also if your football team loses...God hate them, you, and your city. :)

Of course. Everyone knows that your football team will win as long as they can keep god on their side.

She's the best coach of all, you know.

Of course. Everyone knows that your football team will win as long as they can keep god on their side.

She's the best coach of all, you know.
It has always astounded me to observe High School sports teams bow their heads and pray before a sports event, or a Catholic kid cross himself before shooting a free throw. Why would God be concerned with something so trivial as a High School sports event when he/she does not intervene in the ever-so-frequent genocides? That must be part of the "testimony" of intelligent believers.
Oh, I know. Crossing one's self or praying is just a way giving the "glory" of the event to God. All the glory that is inherent in such trivial pursuits.

If you make a call and no one answers, it just may be because no one is there. Or is unaware of your call, does not wish to be bothered, etc. Pretending you are talking to someone does not change that fact. Not to be confused with the existence of God, just a commentary on organized religion.

True, but there are no smart people who believe that god sends tornadoes to punish people for being sinful or for accepting gays. I don't believe that even Steveox believes that. It appears to me that he believes he can get an interesting dialogue going by making outrageous statements.

The first part of the above is beyond question. The second is speculation based on the content of posts I've been reading.

A statement like 'no smart people think God sends tornadoes to punish people for being sinfull' is the kind of sweeping nonsense that is all to often and easily proven wrong. I am sure there are a few smart people who believe that in the history of humankind God sent a tornado or two in judgement of a nation or person.

I would agree that an interesting diaologue has been started from an outrageous statement.

Tornadoes cannot be God's retribution for people being sinful and excepting gays.
Tornadoes are bad; bad things come from Satan, only good things come from God...or so says one of the Christian posters. Unless of course, tornadoes are good.

The bible already records God as sending a tornado as an act of kindness. Therefore the bible does not agree that tornadoes are aways bad nor even as always unpleasant.

Of course, I still have plans for a tornado safe-room drawn up and waiting for funding. Tornadoes may not always be bad but so far my eperience tells me I probhably don't ever want to by stuck in one.

It also takes a certain kind of arrogance to discount the testimony of millions of smart atheists. Or does arrogance only work one way?

I have affirmed that the experience of atheists is corect for them. When an atheist has no experience with God it is practical for him not to embrace ideas of God.

But logically, if an atheist who irationally rejects faith then discounts the testimony of beleivers based on his own faith in atheism that position can indeed be discounted. So yes, there is an element of this that works one way.

This has nothing to do with faith in a god...many smart people have faith in god, my GF is very smart and has faith in God.

However smart people don't believe that God kills 300 people in Alabama Mississippi ext out of wrath against Gays or some social ills.

3rd, there is not a abundance of evidence of a God...there is Faith...that is about it. Does not mean there is not one, but there is not much real evidence that there is one,

4. even if you believe in God..even a Christian god...you are pretty dumb to think that you know the motive of Gods thinking for a Tornado...thats both arrogant and stupid. Now if a rainbow colored tornado hits San Fran, and carves the word die fags did into the ground...maybe you could have a point...

I don't play the game where I pretend like everyones Religious viewpoint has equal merit...some are just flat out stupid and should be called on it. If one does not believe in gay marriage so be it...don't marry a gay...just don't force your idea on others when it has no impact on your freedom, and don't try to act like God is killing people with nature as punishment...you know who does that...the Westborogh Funeral Protesters...and you know what...they are mindless idiots...The fact that they are Christian..and idiots...does not mean that all Christians are idiots.

Going back a few posts I said that you do not know that God did not use any of these tornadoes as judgment. You still don't.

You are the one who claims to make his statements based on reason and not faith. I am perfectly justified in pointing out that your statments do not pass the test of being logical. If on the other hand you were to say that you base what you say on your own faith then we could agree that your statments are logically consistent with a faith point of view.

You clearly make syllogisms based on the premise that there is no God and then you go on to say "that does not mean there is not one [a God]" You are illogical unless you accept that your statements are based on faith.

And yes there is real evidence for the existence of God. It may not be absolutely convincing for all people but it is still evidence that should be examined. For example, if we accept the scientific axiom that cause and effect are real then the theory about the origin of the universe which is accepted as best by most scientists would be good and real evidence that a supernatural event of some sort created the universe. And of one chooses to call that supernatural even God then by that definition there is strong real evidence for the existence of God. Not for all the attributes that people ascribe to God of course.

It has always astounded me to observe High School sports teams bow their heads and pray before a sports event, or a Catholic kid cross himself before shooting a free throw. Why would God be concerned with something so trivial as a High School sports event when he/she does not intervene in the ever-so-frequent genocides? That must be part of the "testimony" of intelligent believers.
Oh, I know. Crossing one's self or praying is just a way giving the "glory" of the event to God. All the glory that is inherent in such trivial pursuits.

If you make a call and no one answers, it just may be because no one is there. Or is unaware of your call, does not wish to be bothered, etc. Pretending you are talking to someone does not change that fact. Not to be confused with the existence of God, just a commentary on organized religion.

What makes you thnk the high school sports team is praying to win and not for the strength to play with honor? And if they did play with some degree of honor how do we know how much worse they would have played without such prayer?

What makes you think that God cannot intervene in small events or large events according to how well they are in accordance with his will for the universe rather than according to their size? The death of one man on a cross 2000 years ago was a small event in one way but very large in another.

What makes you think that He did not already intervene in the war that caused the destruction of the planet in a nuclear holocaust and that all we witnessed of that aborted event is a genocide? (we can actually answer part of that question. God gives free will to you and I to do evil. So when we do He does not squash our free will and we do act on many of our evil intentions)

And many Christians know that they are more honorable than they otherwise would have been, not if God is on their side, but if they are on God's side.

When we look at the descriptions of the wars of Israel we see numerous examples of their armys being defeated when they were not with God and winning when they were with God, and yet it seems that before every battle they still said "God is with us"

How many times could they get it wrong and still not learn?

Given how many people still think prayer is about getting God to be on your side rather than the other way around? I guess the lesson is still not learned.

Given how many people still think prayer is about getting God to be on your side rather than the other way around? I guess the lesson is still not learned.

Most who pray. Otherwise there would only be one prayer: "Thine will be done". But, people still pray for a safe trip, survive an operation, find happiness, etc.

What makes you thnk the high school sports team is praying to win and not for the strength to play with honor?
Because the coach is usually the one who leads the prayer...the one who will lose his job (more so in College that in High School, but it does happen in High School also), unless he can field a winning team. Who are we kidding here? Sports at any level is about winning just as praying is almost always about divine intervention.

Because the coach is usually the one who leads the prayer...the one who will lose his job (more so in College that in High School, but it does happen in High School also), unless he can field a winning team. Who are we kidding here? Sports at any level is about winning just as praying is almost always about divine intervention.

How do you know WHY players and coaches pray or make some sort of religious sign before, during, or after sporting events?

"Da", you are just speculating, by using your own narrow-minded views about religion.

Your attempt at drawing people into a debate about religion is hilarious in it's ineptitude.

And many Christians know that they are more honorable than they otherwise would have been, not if God is on their side, but if they are on God's side.

When we look at the descriptions of the wars of Israel we see numerous examples of their armys being defeated when they were not with God and winning when they were with God, and yet it seems that before every battle they still said "God is with us"

How many times could they get it wrong and still not learn?

and I guess back in the 30's and 40's God was just pissed as F at the Jews..., decided to try to whip them of the earth...God Also hates New Orleans, Japan, San Fransisco, Chernobyl, Indonesia, Hati, China, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Peru...What a God you must belive in, quite the Ahole I must say. And of course the great and powerful...Steve who speaks to him and knows why he does each of these acts...One was for letting woman vote, one he hated Democract, one he hated Communism, one he hated inter racial marriage maybe? A few For gays, maybe a few for not going to church enough..a few for picking the wrong church....

Lets all just pretend like a sane person can just take a natural disaster and diven some Gods will from it...based on what ever group they may not like. Maybe the Alabama Tornados where becuse God Hates Christians...prove me wrong...if you can't then its just a logical idea to hold right?

God Killed 300 people last weak in the south because he hates Christians...you know what I would say to someone who belive that...your a damn idiot... I bet you would to....change the tables and all the sudden you want to pretend like its a rational idea to hold.

Werbung:
How do you know WHY players and coaches pray or make some sort of religious sign before, during, or after sporting events?

"Da", you are just speculating, by using your own narrow-minded views about religion.

Your attempt at drawing people into a debate about religion is hilarious in it's ineptitude.

Do you think it should matter that its a public school and that not everyone on that team is a believer in that coach's Religion? Lucky me I live up north where that is not so common, so I did not have to stand around with my team while they prayed and debate if I fake it to fit in, or feel like the outsider on the team who walks off and does not join the team....Funny thing is most people who love the idea of Prayer before the game...always asume that prayer is there own belife...I can guess the outrage if before the Football game, the coach was yelling Allāhu Akbar....Of if for school prayer they asked evryone to face Mecca....not that it would make any difference to me, they are both the same to me.

Back