Killer Storms is GODs Wrath!

Werbung:
Reading these posts I am reminded of a line from a Woody Allen movie, "Hanna and Her Three Sisters"-"If Jesus came to earth today, he'd never stop throwing up"-the charactor said this after watching an entire night of evangelical TV.

and I guess back in the 30's and 40's God was just pissed as F at the Jews..., decided to try to whip them of the earth...God Also hates New Orleans, Japan, San Fransisco, Chernobyl, Indonesia, Hati, China, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Peru...What a God you must belive in, quite the Ahole I must say. And of course the great and powerful...Steve who speaks to him and knows why he does each of these acts...One was for letting woman vote, one he hated Democract, one he hated Communism, one he hated inter racial marriage maybe? A few For gays, maybe a few for not going to church enough..a few for picking the wrong church....

Lets all just pretend like a sane person can just take a natural disaster and diven some Gods will from it...based on what ever group they may not like. Maybe the Alabama Tornados where becuse God Hates Christians...prove me wrong...if you can't then its just a logical idea to hold right?

God Killed 300 people last weak in the south because he hates Christians...you know what I would say to someone who belive that...your a damn idiot... I bet you would to....change the tables and all the sudden you want to pretend like its a rational idea to hold.

I really don't know where you are coming from. I never said that God did or did not do any of those things. What I have been saying is that you do not know. No one knows unless they have a revelation.

I have also been saying that IF God did have a hand in any of those that it was not for evil but for good. Therefore it would make Him not the nasty things you have been saying.

Do you think it should matter that its a public school and that not everyone on that team is a believer in that coach's Religion? Lucky me I live up north where that is not so common, so I did not have to stand around with my team while they prayed and debate if I fake it to fit in, or feel like the outsider on the team who walks off and does not join the team....Funny thing is most people who love the idea of Prayer before the game...always asume that prayer is there own belife...I can guess the outrage if before the Football game, the coach was yelling Allāhu Akbar....Of if for school prayer they asked evryone to face Mecca....not that it would make any difference to me, they are both the same to me.

The students have a right to pray.

The courts have taken it too far when they say the coach cannot. That is an infringement on his rights. The courts took it too far when they said that a local coach is subject to a constitutional law which should only be applied to congress. If we pretend that the law should be applied to coaches then he should neither establish a religion nor have his rights to express his be violated. Therefore saying a prayer would be ok but coercing others to pray would not be.

A statement like 'no smart people think God sends tornadoes to punish people for being sinfull' is the kind of sweeping nonsense that is all to often and easily proven wrong. I am sure there are a few smart people who believe that in the history of humankind God sent a tornado or two in judgement of a nation or person.

I would agree that an interesting diaologue has been started from an outrageous statement.

So, you really believe that it might one day be proven that god punishes people by sending tornadoes?

I'll just go out on a limb here and say outright that tornadoes are caused by extreme weather, and that it is beyond question not a punishment from god.

And no one will ever prove that god punishes us by sending extreme weather.

So, you really believe that it might one day be proven that god punishes people by sending tornadoes?

I'll just go out on a limb here and say outright that tornadoes are caused by extreme weather, and that it is beyond question not a punishment from god.

And no one will ever prove that god punishes us by sending extreme weather.

Two statements that one cannot logically make. And if you are not making statements based on logic then they must be based on your faith in atheism. But since it is illogical to have faith in atheism while simultaneously claiming it to be wholly rational the whole system falls apart.

Two statements that one cannot logically make. And if you are not making statements based on logic then they must be based on your faith in atheism. But since it is illogical to have faith in atheism while simultaneously claiming it to be wholly rational the whole system falls apart.

I have no faith in atheism, nor in anyone who attributes natural phenomena to the wrath of god.

Since it is impossible to prove the existence (or non existence) of god, how is anyone ever going to logically prove that tornadoes are the wrath of that god that no one can prove exists?

The students have a right to pray.

The courts have taken it too far when they say the coach cannot. That is an infringement on his rights. The courts took it too far when they said that a local coach is subject to a constitutional law which should only be applied to congress. If we pretend that the law should be applied to coaches then he should neither establish a religion nor have his rights to express his be violated. Therefore saying a prayer would be ok but coercing others to pray would not be.

news flash, you can pray all you want by yourself. I could sit in class and pray countless times and not a single person would know. the Issue is, organized prayer..prayer led by the school officials.

I really don't know where you are coming from. I never said that God did or did not do any of those things. What I have been saying is that you do not know. No one knows unless they have a revelation.

I have also been saying that IF God did have a hand in any of those that it was not for evil but for good. Therefore it would make Him not the nasty things you have been saying.

I don't know...fine..but guess what I do know that no one knows that God DID send a tornado to kill all those people because he was mad at some social ill..so anyone making such a claim is a idiot ( or suffers mental issues)

I don't know that there is not a Terrorist in my Closet...but if I told you I think there is...you would be smart to call me a idiot...even if you can't prove there is not one.

Just think all the random crap I could just claim God wanted ...God wants us to raise taxes on the rich, God Wants Universal health care, God wants...and since we have not done it...I will just assign any natural disaster that happens to gods wrath that we have not...of course if I do, feel free to call me a idiot for it because you will be right.

I have no faith in atheism, nor in anyone who attributes natural phenomena to the wrath of god.

Since it is impossible to prove the existence (or non existence) of god, how is anyone ever going to logically prove that tornadoes are the wrath of that god that no one can prove exists?

I am not trying to prove that this is an act of God. I am pointing out to you that it is illogical to state that it is not an act of God. You can never prove that it is not an act of God while if it is an act of God it can be proven should that God ever say so. Both cases are unproven but the one you are not taking is at least provable.

You have no faith in atheism?

Then what make you so sure that these tornadoes are not an act of God?

You said that it is "beyond question not a punishment from god." You can only be sure of that statement if either 1) you know there is no God or 2) you know that God's nature is one that He would not do that. Which argument will you advance? It has been established long ago on this forum that one cannot know there is no God ( I bet I could even find a quote from you admitting that). And I would not expect you to be telling us about the nature of God you don't believe in.

I don't know...fine..but guess what I do know that no one knows that God DID send a tornado to kill all those people because he was mad at some social ill..so anyone making such a claim is a idiot ( or suffers mental issues)

I don't know that there is not a Terrorist in my Closet...but if I told you I think there is...you would be smart to call me a idiot...even if you can't prove there is not one.

Just think all the random crap I could just claim God wanted ...God wants us to raise taxes on the rich, God Wants Universal health care, God wants...and since we have not done it...I will just assign any natural disaster that happens to gods wrath that we have not...of course if I do, feel free to call me a idiot for it because you will be right.

When someone makes a claim (like that there is a terrorist in his closet) the logical thing to do is to test the claim. It is illogical to reject it out of hand.

Werbung:
I am not trying to prove that this is an act of God. I am pointing out to you that it is illogical to state that it is not an act of God. You can never prove that it is not an act of God while if it is an act of God it can be proven should that God ever say so. Both cases are unproven but the one you are not taking is at least provable.

You have no faith in atheism?

Then what make you so sure that these tornadoes are not an act of God?

You said that it is "beyond question not a punishment from god." You can only be sure of that statement if either 1) you know there is no God or 2) you know that God's nature is one that He would not do that. Which argument will you advance? It has been established long ago on this forum that one cannot know there is no God ( I bet I could even find a quote from you admitting that). And I would not expect you to be telling us about the nature of God you don't believe in.

I can not prove to the satisfaction of my five year old grandson that there are no leprechauns in the closet under the stairs in his house.

I know that there are no leprechauns there. No rational person over the age of six or so would think that there are. I am willing to say that it is beyond question that there are no leprechauns in that closet, but can't prove it to that five year old.

Nor can I prove that god doesn't send tornadoes to punish people, but any rational person over the age of six can see that tornadoes are a force of nature, and not a result of the wrath of god.

Back