lack of proper moderation

The truth should not be insulting but I understand that if you can't accept that it is the truth then you won't be able to accept me. That doesn't matter to me in the least. In fact it gives me pleasure to know that I have reached you too. Otherwise just mind your manners and stay within the rules and we'll get along fine. If you don't we are going to have the same old problems and I might have to leave.

YOU complaining about insults is like a cow complaining about beef. :D And you might leave? I personally would say good riddance.

Werbung:
Everything you do is a direct insult. Just the idea that you, of all people, would complain about being personally insulting, while being an insult to everyone in nearly every thread is a joke. Even in THIS thread you blanket insult every moderator on the forum. It's absurd.

You know, maybe, just maybe.. the reason the moderators have not responded to your whines about personal attacks is because if they applied the same standard you require of others, on yourself, they'd have banned you ages ago.

You spend your time asking, provoking, demanding to be attacked for the garbage you post, and then have an entire thread that can be summed up with word "wah".

You want to have your opinion treated with more respect? Be respectful of others opinions, don't blame them for a terrorist attack, don't blanket judge a whole nation for your unsupportable theories. Stop labeling everyone you can, and then attack them based on it. Have more evidence to support you than "well everyone thinks so" or "Well if I don't believe it, it must not be so" or "the whole world **blaw blaw blaw**".

Don't expect to get on the U.S. Politics forum with statements like "Spoken like a true american dirt farmer." or "Please help me oh wise and thoughtful american beaver dam wrecker." and thing we're going to be really interesting in hearing your opinion on things.

The truth should not be insulting but I understand that if you can't accept that it is the truth then you won't be able to accept me. That doesn't matter to me in the least. In fact it gives me pleasure to know that I have reached you too. Otherwise just mind your manners and stay within the rules and we'll get along fine. If you don't we are going to have the same old problems and I might have to leave.

Really? You might leave without being banned? Sounds like a plan to me. You threatened to leave before and didn't, which was very disappointing. We'll all take you up on this offer as well. Have a good life, and bug other people elsewhere. You won't be missed.

If I get the chance, I'll send a note back to you with one of the Canadian children whose life we saved at our capitalist hospital, just to say hello.

Really? You might leave without being banned? Sounds like a plan to me. You threatened to leave before and didn't, which was very disappointing. We'll all take you up on this offer as well. Have a good life, and bug other people elsewhere. You won't be missed.

If I get the chance, I'll send a note back to you with one of the Canadian children whose life we saved at our capitalist hospital, just to say hello.

Right Andy, and we can get into the pros and cons of Canadian healthcare if I continue on this forum. But for now just accept that I choose to stay if I can fix a situation which needs fixing. And really Andy, did you ever have a better challenge to your ideas than what I offered up for you? We'll even maybe talk about how I proved you wrong on car insurance which makes you so testy.

But on a more on topic note Andy, do you want sensible and elevated debate of the kind I have to offer and you are capable of. Or would you like to just have fun with people such as libs and his ilk. Just try to forget that we are 180 apart on our political views for now o.k?

If I could edit my OP I would because I would rather change it to something more postive now that I seem to have awakened the mods and admins out of their comas. Let's just hope that now we will see some interaction between the mods and the members and not hear more lame excuses of them not having the time or the interest to do what needs to be done on a forum such as this.

"Lame excuses?"

Let me let you in on a few facts:

1. I work around 50 hours a week. In childcare. As you might imagine, that's exhausting.

2. My mother, who I live with currently, is seriously physically disabled (she has Multiple Sclerosis). Taking care of her takes up a lot of time as well.

3. Moderating this forum is entirely voluntary. Bunz, 9sub and I do not get paid to come here and try to get you to play nicely with each other. As such, we do it when we have the time and the energy. When I've just spent nine hours scolding kids for not cleaning up the Legos and getting run into during games of soccer, do you honestly expect me to get on the computer and spend an hour trying to get the other posters not to be "mean" to you? When we have the time for it, we come. When we don't...you figure it out.

just a thought....this thread sucks

Boy have you got that right!

But since it's out there let me say this. I think the mods here have extreme patience. I think we can all agree that the key to good moderation is CONSISTENCY ACROSS THE BOARD.

When I first started posting here coming from a forum that was extremely strict on the interpretation of what a personal attack was I felt this board let things play out kind of loose and fast.

But I have to say to me the mods seem even handed & patient not wanting to run people off if at all possible and letting people vent.

Once you get acclimated to it, it works. I've seen no favoritism, it's become my most visited board again.

If allowing people to vent and consistency across the board is the goal then our mods are very good IMO.

"Lame excuses?"

Let me let you in on a few facts:

1. I work around 50 hours a week. In childcare. As you might imagine, that's exhausting.

2. My mother, who I live with currently, is seriously physically disabled (she has Multiple Sclerosis). Taking care of her takes up a lot of time as well.

3. Moderating this forum is entirely voluntary. Bunz, 9sub and I do not get paid to come here and try to get you to play nicely with each other. As such, we do it when we have the time and the energy. When I've just spent nine hours scolding kids for not cleaning up the Legos and getting run into during games of soccer, do you honestly expect me to get on the computer and spend an hour trying to get the other posters not to be "mean" to you? When we have the time for it, we come. When we don't...you figure it out.
Look pal, I couldn't care less what you do or don't do in your day job so stop trying to impress me on how busy you are. Now get this straight this time, if you want to do this job as a moderator then just do it, if you haven't got the time then get somebody else to do it for you. Sorry to have to put it to you in blunt words that you can understand but it seems you needed it. O.K? And if you can't take the heat then punish me for it cause I've had enough of your sob stories.

And once again top gun and all others who don't get it yet: The mods are consistent and the amount of horseplay they allow is great. I have no wish for a forum which is strict. But the mods need to devote the time to letting people know what is o.k. and what is not. They need to interact with the members here and stop complaining about not having time to do their job.

LET US KNOW WHEN SOMEBODY JUMPS THE BOUNDS AND DON'T KEEP IT A SECRET. IF THEY KEEP IT A SECRET THEN HOW CAN THEY EVER EXPECT ANOTHER PERSON TO NOT DO THE SAME THING. A PRIVATE MESSAGE TO AN OFFENDER IS NOT ENOUGH. HOW CAN I STRESS THAT ENOUGH TO MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND?

You're still here? I thought you said back on the first page of this thread that you weren't coming back. Please, don't let the screen door hit you where the good Lord split ya on your way back to the Great White North.

Farmer, the good lord didn't split anybody anywhere because the good lord just doesn't exist. It's a fairy tale that intelligent people usually reject outright but some intelligent people still try to make excuses for.

As for me leaving, don't you worry yourself about that. I was pretty sure I was going to be suspended or banned ans I wasn't so there's no need to leave yet. And besides dirt farmer, I'm not finished with you yet.

Now how do you want to play it dirt farmer? Do you want to be good or do you want to raise some more hell? Just let me know and we'll put the mods to another test.

p.s. and for dawg's sake, if you're not ignoring me then why not stop lying about it. if you're religious you might think you're going to go to hell for lying!

Considering the lack of proper moderation, here is your chance, moderation free to say whatever you would like about your interactions with USHadItComing. No infractions, just the slam fest he is complaining about. Have fun!
Thanks Bunz! He's the single most abusive member I've ever seen on any forum... Payback time for all the nasty things he's said about me - Which I didn't report.
Shadi is (in alphabetical order): arrogant, belligerent, condescending, delusional, egotistical, flippant, garish, hypocritical, idiotic, juvenile, kooky, lurid, manipulative, nonsensical, obtuse, pretentious, quarrelsome, rude, snobby, troublesome, unamusing, vitriolic, worthless, xenobiotic, yellow, zealous ... Then Cries like a bltch when called on it.
we might be able to continue on my terms
Your terms? ROTFLMAO!
dumbass.jpg

you need to start to understand that you're lucky to have me back because you can learn a lot from me
spock-illogical.png

sensible and elevated debate of the kind I have to offer
Bowl-of-Stupid--C11749983.jpeg
And lunch, and dinner, and a few snacks between posts.
Let's see if we can get the mods support to shut down trolls
Careful what you wish for... Troll.
Now get this straight this time, if you want to do this job as a moderator then just do it, if you haven't got the time then get somebody else to do it for you.
JesusHatesYou.jpg

YOU had it coming.

See moderators how Genseneca likes to attack people. Now do you want to see a counter-attack or do you want peace on the forum.

I'm going to overlook this one because his string has been pulled but it won't continue!

Werbung:
Dont reply to him farmer!

He wants you to lose your temper so he can report you

please just ignore him

Don't worry, I was just poking him in the eye with the sharp pointy stick, and right on cue, he shows his posterior.

He reminds me of another poster from another board. His buttons are so easy to push that they just beg to be pushed.

Back