Man Sentenced To Prison After Girl's MySpace Page Lies About Age

The Scotsman

Man Sentenced To Prison After Girl's MySpace Page Lies About Age

ORANGE COUNTy, Fla. -- A 13-year-old girl's sexual shenanigans have put a second man behind bars. Morris Williams, 22, told the judge he thought the girl was 18-years-old, but he found out Tuesday that ignorance is not a defense.

Morris Williams' mother wailed as he went off to jail. The judge asked for media not to show 13-year-old Alisha Dean's face in court, but her pictures are all over her MySpace page and they portray a sexy, 19-year-old divorced woman.

16347752_240X180.jpg

"She told me she had just turned 18," Williams said.

Williams said Dean picked him up on the street and after a few conversations they had sex. When he heard she was not 18, he went to her father.

"He was like 'well, she's 13,'" Williams said of a conversation with Dean's father.

Williams said he never did it again, but Dean has done it before with 24-year-old Darwin Mills. Mills was sentenced to five years in prison.

Dean's father wanted Williams to join Mills there.

"One of the reasons for the law is the fact that minors have poor judgment," said Jerry Dean, the girl's father.

Williams' father believes the jail sentence sends the wrong message to Alisha.

"I guess we just sit back and count how many after this," Henry Smith asked after his step-son was sentenced to jail.

Dean's family admits Alisha still stays out late and has yet to delete her misleading MySpace page.

Williams will serve six years probation with the first year in jail. The other five years he will have to wear an ankle monitor. His attorney says he will come back to court to ask again for a shorter sentence.

http://www.wftv.com/news/16348047/detail.html

.......................................................................................................

And the moral of the story is.................that the Judge is an asshole!!

Werbung:
tough.

he should've thought of what he was doing ahead off time. just because a girl lies, whether in cyberspace or real life---a man who likes 'em young is bound to get what he deserves. he didn't even know her. he went to her father?

maybe his sentence should be lighter than usual, but .... but .. but...

tough.

he should've thought of what he was doing ahead off time. just because a girl lies, whether in cyberspace or real life---a man who likes 'em young is bound to get what he deserves. he didn't even know her. he went to her father?

He is 24, she claimed to be 18, what exactly are you talking about "liking them young"? HE'S young!

Personally, the fact that she intentionally set out to deceive (LIED) should at least earn her a sentence to Juvi until she DOES turn 18. Maybe you didn't hear about the recent case where 6 girls, all 16, made a pact to intentionally get pregnant, and raise their children together. The father of at least one of the girls baby is purported to be a 24 year old homeless man.

I hate to say it, but the girls today aren't the same as when these laws were written. The laws were written to protect young girls from predators, but today, it's the girls who are the predators, and there's a lot of guys going to prison because these girls are nothing but skanky whores.

There are a lot of girls that play this game. See how many guys they can get thrown in jail. This is all Bulls##t. This was no little innocent girl, this was a 13 year old slut. He should have NEVER been charged. How many males are now in prison because some parent can't deal with the fact that there kid is a HO.

tough.

I'm with federal farmer on this. You're making a ridiculous statement. I'll avoid derailing this thread into my objections to arbitrary and overly severe age laws and punishment for sexual consent by adolescents. But you shouldn't have to hire a private investigator to determine if a girl is lying or not about her age. Look up some of the other cases in states where 17- is not legally consenting. Guy picks up a girl in a 21+ bar, this should be enough to assume with good value that she is in fact 21 or older. Yet people go to prison for this. We should not live in a society where you are punished for someone else lying to you.

I'm with federal farmer on this. You're making a ridiculous statement. I'll avoid derailing this thread into my objections to arbitrary and overly severe age laws and punishment for sexual consent by adolescents. But you shouldn't have to hire a private investigator to determine if a girl is lying or not about her age. Look up some of the other cases in states where 17- is not legally consenting. Guy picks up a girl in a 21+ bar, this should be enough to assume with good value that she is in fact 21 or older. Yet people go to prison for this. We should not live in a society where you are punished for someone else lying to you.

Shall I start an age of consent thread?

Baloney. :D When I was in my early 20's, every guy of that age knew that before you get serious you get proof of age for youngish girls/women. I was briefly dating a girl when I was 23, and it was starting to get very, uh, "romantic", so I checked her ID in her purse. I was really scared when I found she was 17, and of course dropped her immediately.

Shall I start an age of consent thread?

It really has little to do with age of consent... Although I've plenty of good arguments for such a thread, I really don't care to at the moment. What it has to do with is punishing someone for a crime severely lacking in the mens rea element. Let's define this as per American Penal Law...

Purpose - the actor has the "conscious object" of engaging in conduct and believes and hopes that the attendant circumstances exist.

This obviously is not going on here, as the girl lied about her age, the only way this would be the case is if he knew her age and with intent had sex with her.

Knowingly - the actor is certain that his conduct will lead to the result

same as the former in this case, since purpose and knowledge of end result go hand in hand under this circumstance .

Recklessness - the actor is aware that the attendant circumstances exist, but nevertheless engages in the conduct a "law-abiding person" would have refrained from.

I'm sure a lot of both teens and adults would, under the assumption of being law abiding, have sex with someone they met online. There is no lack of just action here at all. could happen to anyone who dates or makes plans for sexual encounters at that level, it is however, not unlawful not reckless disregard.

Negligence - the actor is unaware of the attendant circumstances and the consequences of his conduct, but a "reasonable person" would have been aware

Ok this is the only likely candidate for sufficiently fulfilling mens rea however, obviously cannot be fulfilled. Looking at the photo, and being quite reasonable, I'd have assumed the girl was at least 20. She looks old, rarely to men step into a relationship assuming from the very beginning a woman is lying about something. That requires you assume that all men should always assume all women lie about their age, no reasonable person would do this, period.

He is not culpable and thus these over zealous prosecutions fail in my opinion, yet somehow are upheld. Its ridiculous and sickening. Law should punish the guilty, not someone who accidentally (or at the intent of another, as in this case, especially this case since this is her second time around doing the same stuff) fulfills the letter of the law to have committed the act. Guilt does not rely on simply the letter of the law, it rests as well on culpability, intent, and action.

One may argue with the "ignorance of the law, does not imply innocence" however, he was not ignorant of the law, he was ignorant of her age via deception. How anyone can conceivably support the actions of the girl, or even think that was wrong of her and still support his punishment, is beyond me, that requires a level of coldness and nonsense I cannot muster to even empathize with for understanding purposes....

The day I posted that was the day that the story broke in the news. Whether or not that particular story was eventually proven true or not, the facts remain that girls have been INTENTIONALLY presenting themselves to be older than they are and as a result, the guys have been sent to jail or prison and NOTHING is done to the girls.

Feel free, and I'll be MORE than happy to shred it for you.

On which side of the AoC debate would you sit? Personally I'm not a big fan of underaged sex, although my reasons are less for the purity stance of most, and rather I feel that young teens have almost zero knowledge of repercussions and that makes it a very dangerous thing, teen pregnancy is costly. It causes the new mothers to miss a lot of school, most don't graduate, destined for a lack of education and low wage jobs and a lesser pool of adequate guys as many want their own children, not someone elses. This isn't reason for laws though, but reason for better sex education.

On the other hand I don't like adults going after young teens 13,14, 15...But I have a hard time holding my mind on the justification for extreme incarcerative laws and permanent labeling of "sex offender." the cases that come to mind mostly are the 17 year olds sleeping with 14 year olds or soome similar range, these 17 year olds become felons, sex offenders, treated no differently than someone who sexually molested a 10 year old... there is a huge difference between 10 and 14. Emotional and physically, 14 year olds are reaching or have reached sexual maturity. Their bodies are telling them yes, the world tells them no... how often to teens listen to the world? My biggest hang up, perhaps its just societal and I cannot shake it, culturally it bothers me, most things I separate cultural belief from my opinion on the subjects, even when it bothers me, but I can't really shake this one; Adults going after 13, 14, 15 year olds, to me, this just seems wrong. But I'm on the fence if its a crime... I cannot bring myself to say YES someone deserves prison for sleeping with a young teen consensually. If the teen says yes, the teen says yes. The laws make the statement that they are not of age to determine correctly if they wish to have sex. The problem I feel with this number game is that at 13, teens are very often treated as adults by the courts. at 13, shoplifting can get you the same sentence, to the same jail, as me at 29 years old, were I to steal...this of course is dependent on the court system, but nothing stops it from happening and it does all the time. So the courts acknowledge that through an act of crime, a 13 year old has the same ability to reason the responsibilities and consequences as a 20 year old. This is my biggest blockade to feeling ok about current AoC laws. a teen cannot choose what to do with their body, yet if they commit a crime, the court can say it was their choice, an adult choice. This bothers me.

Werbung:
Back