Michelle Obama & kids great at Convention!

top gun

Watching the Democratic convention last night it was inspiring to see Teddy Kennedy give his speech. You could see the tears in the eyes of close friends and family as they seemed to realize that this quite possibly could be his last Convention... yet up against even those odds he still had the fire that caused him to be affectionately called The Lion of the Senate!

Then you have Michelle Obama. WOW! That's one good looking, articulate, classy yet still down to earth person. And it really came through how her and Barack worked their own way up. And how much family means to them and how their two beautiful little girls are the light of their life and for a better future they do what they do.

I like Pelosi but she really is just not a great public speaker. The other speakers were average as well.

But Michelle Obama rocked. It was cute seeing the girls trying to talk to their daddy too. You could tell the whole big screen picture, have to use the microphone to talk was throwing them a little. But that didn't stop them... they were going to talk to their DAD! I loved that part... I have 2 girls myself and I can remember when they were that age. It's a great age for Dad's with daughters. :)

Werbung:
What is the purpose of having the wife and kids on stage? I don't understand this part of the process what is the point?

Family tells a lot about a person. Our politicians almost always include spouses in their campaigns and to a somewhat lesser degree their children depending on their age if they have them.

Or at the very least introduce them to the public from time to time. Kids remind people that you too have a large stake in the future.

There's that famous picture of JFK on the phone in the Oval Office with John John playing under the desk. People like that stuff.

And if you're lucky enough to have a wife that's a good public speaker it helps explain who they are as people and what they want to accomplish and why.

In America people like to feel that family connection in their politics.

What is the purpose of having the wife and kids on stage? I don't understand this part of the process what is the point?
Becuse americans dont vote based on facts and policy...Bush won becuse they wanted to have a beer with him....and with the Republican attacks on him as Elitist and attacking her as well, they wanted to show a more human normal family then is presented by the right. Its pointless to us that talk issues, but alot of voters dont vote that way.

I saw most of the convention, I thought it was ok. I asked a co worker who is very political and a big Obama supporter. He is really happy about Biden because that was his first pick, but when I asked him about the convention he said he thought it was boring, and he said that was odd because he is such a political junkie.. I still have to ponder on that because I thought it was ok, and I am a junkie but not so much for planned speeches.

I know everyone hates Bill O' but I heard him on the radio on the way home and he gave a very nice tribute to Ted Kennedy, it actually had me a bit teared up. I am not a big Kennedy fan at all and yet the tribute was touching. He also had nice things to say about Michelle.

It is so Obama can run his family out there to try to make himself look easier to relate to, as he has been getting killed in the polls all month.

Being a political junkie myself, (but a Republican one) I also thought the convention was quite boring. Part of that is my bias, and part of that is because it was just boring.

Becuse americans dont vote based on facts and policy...Bush won becuse they wanted to have a beer with him....and with the Republican attacks on him as Elitist and attacking her as well, they wanted to show a more human normal family then is presented by the right. Its pointless to us that talk issues, but alot of voters dont vote that way.

I don't know who you're talking about "having a beer with him", but I voted for him, BOTH times, because Gore and Kerry were both blatant liars and worthless sacks of feces that I didn't want anywhere near the White House, so there really was only one other choice.

The kids on stage was the most contrived, fake setup - almost embarassing. :D Also the speech put in the ugly jutting jaw of Mrs. Whitey Hater was contrived as well - it was supposed to make her look - nice. Human. Patriotic. Her handlers know what they are doing - this country is loaded with idiots-with-a-vote. :D

I saw most of the convention, I thought it was ok. I asked a co worker who is very political and a big Obama supporter. He is really happy about Biden because that was his first pick, but when I asked him about the convention he said he thought it was boring, and he said that was odd because he is such a political junkie.. I still have to ponder on that because I thought it was ok, and I am a junkie but not so much for planned speeches.

I know everyone hates Bill O' but I heard him on the radio on the way home and he gave a very nice tribute to Ted Kennedy, it actually had me a bit teared up. I am not a big Kennedy fan at all and yet the tribute was touching. He also had nice things to say about Michelle.

Most people expect every second of a Convention to big time excitement. They never, never are.

There are days & days to fill so they're always filler, filler, filler, decent speaker, BIG SPEAKER, filler, filler. All up and down. You get to that big speaker for the night and it's a riot... then back to filler.

I have to say for someone not that well known Brian Schweitzer the Governor from Montana was really good. I knew he would be... I'd already heard him talk an give a little preview on the Ed Shultz Show the other day. And Warrener from Virginia was good too. Former Virginia Governor and now candidate for Senate Mark Warner did well too.

Hillary of course was the designated hitter for last night. She drove in a lot of runs!

On Ted Kennedy and Michelle I think everyone even Bill 'O had to admit they did a good job.

It is so Obama can run his family out there to try to make himself look easier to relate to, as he has been getting killed in the polls all month.

Being a political junkie myself, (but a Republican one) I also thought the convention was quite boring. Part of that is my bias, and part of that is because it was just boring.

No matter who we like, either Party, these are all politicians let's remember.

And if you're a Democrat and you have to run against the Republican Swift Boat machine you'd better make sure the American people see you as a good, faithful Family Man, Husband and Father.

I'm thinking it's pretty certain the mother of John McCain's kids his first wife won't be making any endorsements or appearances after the way he pitched her in the dirt for the Trophy wife.

On the Convention itself it's not that you are bias... unless you try and say the Republican Conventions are nonstop excitement.:D

Conventions are set up to build to crescendos. They try to do that every night with at least one speaker... last night it was the Hillary unity tour.

Being honest you'd admit the Republican Convention baring some really good public speaker like a Ronald Reagan are mind numbingly slow paced and boring. You could feel differently because you like the message but they are realllllllllly realllllllly slow paced.

I don't know what they'll do to build up to climax this go round. Let's face it Rush Limbaugh himself couldn't build up enough enthusiasm to make a John McCain speech sound inspiring.;)

RCP Average 08/18 - 08/25 -- 45.7 44.0 >>>> Obama +1.7
Gallup Tracking 08/23 - 08/25 2684 RV 44 46 >>> McCain +2
Rasmussen Tracking 08/23 - 08/25 3000 LV 46 46 >>> Tie
CNN 08/23 - 08/24 909 RV47 47 >>> Tie
USA Today/Gallup 08/21 - 08/23 765 LV 48 45 >>> Obama +3
Hotline/FD 08/18 - 08/24 1022 RV 44 40 >>> Obama +4
ABC News/Wash Post 08/19 - 08/22 LV 49 45 >>> Obama +4
FOX News 08/19 - 08/20 900 RV 42 39 >>> Obama +3

Is it right though to politicise your family?

Privacy is a right that most of us cherish. By putting these kids into the limelight all chance of that has gone - admittedly their profile would have been massively increased by virtue of their father being in the White House (lets assume) but by parading them in front of the cameras and press he has broken that privacy barrier and invites them as public property for the press to treat as public property. He can no longer ask the press to back off and leave them alone - I assume?

Having the family on the podium...not something that I found pallatable.

One is voting for the policies and vision that go with the person and the party not the kids.

Is it right though to politicise your family?

Privacy is a right that most of us cherish. By putting these kids into the limelight all chance of that has gone - admittedly their profile would have been massively increased by virtue of their father being in the White House (lets assume) but by parading them in front of the cameras and press he has broken that privacy barrier and invites them as public property for the press to treat as public property. He can no longer ask the press to back off and leave them alone - I assume?

One is voting for the policies and vision that go with the person and the party not the kids.

It can be played up pretty well. Like how Obama let the kids do an interview, then said I would not agree to that again. But in reality, at that point you already have it both ways, using the family for gain (which is not bad persay) but also appeasing those who think that he should not have.

I think there is not much of a way to avoid it to be honest.

Werbung:
Is it right though to politicize your family?

There's a balance.

Being proud of your family is as American as Apple pie. You hit the nail on the head. They will be of high public interest after Senator Obama is President much like William & Harry were in England.

I doubt the press is going to be a big problem with these two little girls. It's not like they're going to get caught out drinking or wearing Nazi uniforms at some Halloween Party... LoL!:D

And it is about policy. But in American politics the Republicans won't allow it to be just about policy. They demonize and try to character assassinate. It's good when people see the family side.

When you look at all the campaigning that's been going on relentlessly for almost 2 years... you have one Merry Christmas from the Obamas TV clip. One interview with The Obamas including their girls after a birthday party. And a brief time on stage at the end of their mother's speech at the Convention.

Outside of that it's just a family being together. They've raised some wonderful little girls.

Back