Microsoft to Buy Yahoo

muadib

I can't say I am surprised. Yahoo has just gone down the tubes. It used to be better when it was just a search portal. Have you seen the kind of crap they show on their front page? Take a look: :confused:

• Finnish man gets new jaw grown from own stem cells
• Michelle Williams says 'heart is broken' over Ledger death

One of the world's most visited sites and this is what they have to show us???:(

Quite sad that their entire focus is making us view ads. With all those visitors, they could have done so much more. I am not sure that the merger will help. If you own Yahoo or Microsoft, take the money and run!

Werbung:
Yeah, it will be interesting. I saw the headline but didnt read any article, but would this change or at least improve the Yahoo front page content? If one were to look at MSN, I generally go to yahoo first.

The way I look at it is that you either focus on search marketing if you are thinking of battling Google or you better focus on awesome content if you want to take on the big media guys such as FOX, ESPN, etc. Yahoo tried to be all things and they suffered.

I like Google. If I want to search something I just want a searchbar on my screen.

If I want to look at news, I'll choose to go on Google news. If I want celebrity gossip, loads of adverts and other arse I'll find a different site.

Werbung:
I like Google. If I want to search something I just want a searchbar on my screen.

If I want to look at news, I'll choose to go on Google news. If I want celebrity gossip, loads of adverts and other arse I'll find a different site.

funny how thats probably the reason why the well established yahoo was overtaken so quickly by google back in the day

Back