No Hell & everyone gets saved.

Can you believe that educated adults can talk seriously about heaven and hell?

It is medieval

I say if you look at the posting and particularly my opening post then the discussion is about nobody going to any heaven or hell, so I say it is about time that modern educated adults do start talking seriously about such things.

If you expect that not talking about it will make it go away then that is what has gone on for far too long.

In fact I might say that if it were not for the magical powers of the Internet and this forum then most people would continue not talking about it.

I say you might consider cheering onward what you see here because this is a new way going onward.

Werbung:
I say those subjects have kept very many people completely uninformed and keeps them as irrelevant to the very best parts of living, and from knowing the most interesting aspects of life.

I even say that it is God that empowers such things as sports and games as a way of keeping those people out of interfering where it does matter.

Kind of like giving children toys to play with so that then the grown ups can take care of the real business without the kids getting in the way.
God did not make games, man invented games to keep people away from serious matters like Death

God did not make anything

I figure you are probably accustomed to speaking with immature people with very shallow faith because those types do seem to surround us all everywhere, and with them you can make such denials and seem very superior to them, but here on this forum you and we all have the option of raising the level of such communications to a more mature level.

As in there really are big significant proofs of a Creator (not necessarily called as God) such as the "Big-Bang" is scientific proof of a creation day, and the evidence of "evolution" demonstrates an "intelligent design" and things like visions of ghost and spirits is a proof of another life form, and the Bible prophesies which are proven as accurate shows that the thing we call as "God" has indeed communicated with humanity.

People who do research and do discuss such things in depth are the ones who really know.

You are wrong. I am used to talking to highly intelligent people who are united in their knowledge that religion is an invention of mankind.

There is absolutely no proof of a creator and your attempt at superiority with talk of deep faith serves only to undermine your own argument.

What it says is you really really have to suspend disbelief, not just weakly suspend it.

If there was proof you wouldn't need faith as you would have knowledge and by the bible's own definition, faith is the belief in things hoped for.

You confuse faith and knowledge a lot in your text which suggests a highly confused mind

Which would explain your bizarre and sanctimonious posts.

You are wrong. I am used to talking to highly intelligent people who are united in their knowledge that religion is an invention of mankind.

There is absolutely no proof of a creator and your attempt at superiority with talk of deep faith serves only to undermine your own argument.

What it says is you really really have to suspend disbelief, not just weakly suspend it.

If there was proof you wouldn't need faith as you would have knowledge and by the bible's own definition, faith is the belief in things hoped for.

You confuse faith and knowledge a lot in your text which suggests a highly confused mind

Which would explain your bizarre and sanctimonious posts.
There is not proof of everything in the Bible or in a Church doctrine. However there is proof and reason in 95% of it. No reasonable person has prove there is No God, that He did not communicate to mankind or that we are dependent on something outside oursleves.
Of course you need faith to fill in the details. Which God, what form of communication and what is this power.

Forgive my intrusion JP...

No reasonable person has prove there is No God...
Equally so... No reasonable person has proven there is no flying spaghetti monster.

flying-spaghetti-monster-great-spaghetti-monster-god-religio-demotivational-poster-1265589951.jpg

''There is not proof of everything in the Bible or in a Church doctrine. However there is proof and reason in 95% of it''

What a srupendously idiotic thing to say. Have you gone through the bible and ruled out 5% of it as unproven and if so which 5%?

The bit about the virgin birth, the resurrection, creation and the second coming are no doubt the prime examples.

Please let me know.

Let me have a stab with some other examples which might include walking on water, making blind people see, the sun going round the earth, blowing fortress walls down with a trumpet, living to 800 years of age, flooding the world with enormous quantities of water that then disappeared, talking snakes, turning water into wine....am I doing ok?

''There is not proof of everything in the Bible or in a Church doctrine. However there is proof and reason in 95% of it''

What a srupendously idiotic thing to say. Have you gone through the bible and ruled out 5% of it as unproven and if so which 5%?

The bit about the virgin birth, the resurrection, creation and the second coming are no doubt the prime examples.

Please let me know.

Let me have a stab with some other examples which might include walking on water, making blind people see, the sun going round the earth, blowing fortress walls down with a trumpet, living to 800 years of age, flooding the world with enormous quantities of water that then disappeared, talking snakes, turning water into wine....am I doing ok?
Gen Seneco very few people if any believe in a sphagetti in the sky. Millions believe in God so there is no comparison

Dawkinrocks ,You are right there are some things in the Bible That are hard to believe Therefore I do not believe people in the bible live to 800 years. Science has proven this impossible.It simply means they live a long time.ve. As A catholic who does not take a literal interpretation of the Bible I regard much of the Old Testament as symbolic. They same could apply to the other old Testament stories you mention. However there have been some scientific evidence that part of the world was flooded.
Some of the other stories have been repeated in modern times. Thousands of Blind people have been cured at Lourdes. We turn wine into Christ blood at every mass. Although that does require faith but Millions have that faith. We do also believe in the virgin birth and the Resurrection .Creation is describe various ways in the Bible. I prefer to take the scientific explanation which is similar to the Big Bang Theory. Whether and when Christ returns is not of much importance to Catholics.

Gen Seneco very few people if any believe in a sphagetti in the sky. Millions believe in God so there is no comparison.
I was using humor to point out your fallacy...

Argument from ignorance (appeal to ignorance, argumentum ad ignorantiam) – assuming that a claim is true (or false) because it has not been proven false (true) or cannot be proven false (true).
You claimed there was no proof God did not exist, therefore you conclude that God does exist. The same false logic is applicable to a flying spaghetti monster; you cannot prove he does not exist, therefore, using your same false logic, you must conclude he does exist.

Arguing that religion is validated by the number of believers is desperate.

Such a strategy would imply that at one time the earth was flat and then it changed to being spherical.

The bible actually states that the sun goes round the earth.

If the bible is the word of god and if god made the universe then how come he doesn't know the truth about the sun and earth's rotation?

Anyone would think it is the word of man reflecting the ignorance of the time at which it was written.

At one time millions of Christians thought the bible was literally true and many still do.

So did the sun go round the earth when they believed this?

I was using humor to point out your fallacy...

Argument from ignorance (appeal to ignorance, argumentum ad ignorantiam) – assuming that a claim is true (or false) because it has not been proven false (true) or cannot be proven false (true).
You claimed there was no proof God did not exist, therefore you conclude that God does exist. The same false logic is applicable to a flying spaghetti monster; you cannot prove he does not exist, therefore, using your same false logic, you must conclude he does exist.
I agree I can not prove that God exist. However my main point was that others can not prove that God did not exist. The rest is bases on faith or probabilities.

Arguing that religion is validated by the number of believers is desperate.

Such a strategy would imply that at one time the earth was flat and then it changed to being spherical.

The bible actually states that the sun goes round the earth.

If the bible is the word of god and if god made the universe then how come he doesn't know the truth about the sun and earth's rotation?

Anyone would think it is the word of man reflecting the ignorance of the time at which it was written.

At one time millions of Christians thought the bible was literally true and many still do.

So did the sun go round the earth when they believed this?
If God have allow the writers to use modern science about the earthy rotation when the Bible was written few would believe it. To Catholics God revelation is progressive and He only reveals the facts we can understand over time.

Werbung:
Ahh, so god uses lies to pander to ignorance

I see

So let me get this straight

God was happy to tell people that virgins could get pregnant, that dead people can come back to life, that snakes can talk but baulked at the ludicrous suggestion that the earth goes round the sun??

You really do have to be barking mad to be a christian don't you?

Back