No Such Thing As Separation of Church And State ?

I don't want to tell you or nayone else what religion you may or may
not follow .
I believe you're sincere about not wanting to impose any religious views on people but I specifically said secular, which are non-religious views, and you clearly have no qualms about using the power of government to dictate how people should live their lives regarding non-religious matters.
We should all just learn to live and let live .
We should... But you can't have that and a welfare state, you can't have that and a regulatory state, you can't be free to live your life as you see fit while simultaneously claiming the "right" to dictate how others should live their lives.

Werbung:
I'm not trying to "hound" anyone . I'm not opposed to Christianity per se, or any other religion. What I'm opposed to are people who try to
impose their agenda on others based on theior religious beliefs . I don't want to interfere with anyone else's religious observances or their
private lives . But when people use their religions as an excuse ot interfere with other people's rights and private lives, I am adamantly opposed to this...
I don't care what religion people adhere to as long as they keep it to themselves. Myself, I'm a non-observant, secular, agnostic Jew .

the way I see it is, you liberals are the one who bring up my beliefs....I spend most of my time just defending what I believe..you said,I don't want to interfere with anyone else's religious observances or their private lives . IMO yes you do..

Robert, you said.. People who are atheists and agnostics or just not religious have the right to be free from harassment by religious groups. I agree, tell me who is harassing you and I will be the first in line to say STOP...

Cashncall, if you want to know how some extremist Christians are trying to interfere with the rights of non-christians
and anyone who doe snot share their extremist religious views, you need to read this book by Rabbi James Rudin called "The Baptizing of America".
Rudin is a prominent American Rabbi who has worked for many years on interfaith programs and his book exposes the extremely sinister and dangerous agenda of the rleigious right in America.
This book is NOT anti-christian . It merely shows how dangerous the religious right is .

Well, read the book yourself- you should ! But let me tell you about what happened a few years ago when a family of atheists, parents and two
teenaged children settled in a town down south. When the teachers, administration and kids heard they were atheists, they treated these
people like pariahs. Not just th ekids, but the parents . The hwple town shunned them and even threatened their lives .
The parents were also threatened with being fired from their jobs . These atheists were not evil monsters, just ordinary people
who happened ot be atheists. They had never hurt anyone and were not bad people in any way . But the entire school,kids,teachers,principal,and the whole town made their lives hell . Incidents like thi sare not isolated . Atheists, the vast majority of whom are absolutely harmless,
are hated by so many evangelicla Christians in America.
It's just about impossible to get elected to congress or other political offices if you are an open atheist . There are however, several in congress who are
or are agnostics, but ar ein the closet,so to speak . There is not supposed ot be any religious test for political office,mind you. You can see this story on youtube.

If we were in the dark ages and talking about the catholic church I would expect a long list but these days the only thing I can think of is a church wants to have a cross or something and non christians hate it, so I am really interested in what he has to say

really. worst they seem to want to do is save some souls.

Well, read the book yourself- you should ! But let me tell you about what happened a few years ago when a family of atheists, parents and two
teenaged children settled in a town down south. When the teachers, administration and kids heard they were atheists, they treated these
people like pariahs. Not just th ekids, but the parents . The hwple town shunned them and even threatened their lives .
The parents were also threatened with being fired from their jobs . These atheists were not evil monsters, just ordinary people
who happened ot be atheists. They had never hurt anyone and were not bad people in any way . But the entire school,kids,teachers,principal,and the whole town made their lives hell . Incidents like thi sare not isolated . Atheists, the vast majority of whom are absolutely harmless,
are hated by so many evangelicla Christians in America.
It's just about impossible to get elected to congress or other political offices if you are an open atheist . There are however, several in congress who are
or are agnostics, but ar ein the closet,so to speak . There is not supposed ot be any religious test for political office,mind you. You can see this story on youtube.

can we read about it from something approaching being a journalist ?

this seems pretty sinister but thankfully the government put an end to it (what did it say about th4 free exersize ?)

The Bread of Life Mission, which has served the homeless community in Pioneer Square for more than 70 years, said the city has directed them to stop feeding the hungry in downtown parks.

On the third Saturday of every month for the past three years, volunteers for the mission have handed out meals at places such as City Hall Park. The offering was in addition to the three meals a day they serve inside their building at 97 South Main Street.

"It was a service we were offering free of charge to be a blessing to the homeless," said Executive Director Willie Parish, Jr. "All we were doing was just a continuation of what we do on a daily basis."

In December, however, Parish said Seattle police told them they were no longer allowed to serve food at the park.

what horrible fiends these Christians are !

Cashncall, if you want to know how some extremist Christians are trying to interfere with the rights of non-christians
and anyone who doe snot share their extremist religious views, you need to read this book by Rabbi James Rudin called "The Baptizing of America".
Rudin is a prominent American Rabbi who has worked for many years on interfaith programs and his book exposes the extremely sinister and dangerous agenda of the rleigious right in America.
This book is NOT anti-christian . It merely shows how dangerous the religious right is .
Robert thanks, I will take a look at it..The point I was trying to make is..on this, and many other boards it is most alway's the non-believer who brings up religion. As a Christian I find myself having to defend my beliefs..I am not trying to push those beliefs on any one...

Werbung:
Back