Obama and Child Rape

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
CHICAGO - Democrat Barack Obama said Wednesday he disagrees with the Supreme Court's decision outlawing executions of people who rape children, a crime he said states have the right to consider for capital punishment.
ADVERTISEMENT

"I have said repeatedly that I think that the death penalty should be applied in very narrow circumstances for the most egregious of crimes," Obama said at a news conference. "I think that the rape of a small child, 6 or 8 years old, is a heinous crime and if a state makes a decision that under narrow, limited, well-defined circumstances the death penalty is at least potentially applicable, that that does not violate our Constitution."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080625/ap_on_el_pr/obama_child_rape_case

NO Obamanation, feel free to attack him now...

Personally I am against the death Penalty...I think the Constitution makes it legal though. And I am not against if because I don't think murders should die. I don't believe our system is fair about who gets it, and and to flawed to kill when to many people have been put on Death Row and later found not guilty.

That said if we are going to have it, I say you rape a child, fry for all I care...but the horrible crime itself does not change the facts that make me against it overall.

Werbung:
CHICAGO - Democrat Barack Obama said Wednesday he disagrees with the Supreme Court's decision outlawing executions of people who rape children, a crime he said states have the right to consider for capital punishment.
ADVERTISEMENT

"I have said repeatedly that I think that the death penalty should be applied in very narrow circumstances for the most egregious of crimes," Obama said at a news conference. "I think that the rape of a small child, 6 or 8 years old, is a heinous crime and if a state makes a decision that under narrow, limited, well-defined circumstances the death penalty is at least potentially applicable, that that does not violate our Constitution."

Personally I am against the death Penalty...I think the Constitution makes it legal though. And I am not against if because I don't think murders should die. I don't believe our system is fair about who gets it, and and to flawed to kill when to many people have been put on Death Row and later found not guilty.

That said if we are going to have it, I say you rape a child, fry for all I care...but the horrible crime itself does not change the facts that make me against it overall.

I feel much like Obama does, I'm not against the death penalty in certain cases. More importantly what Obama's statement does is take away the potential for a GOP commercial claiming Obama was somehow soft on child rapists.

ADVERTISEMENT

I hate the death penalty so yep I am against him again. And if you want the truth I do not believe a word he says. He is trying to pander to Middle America and saying what he “thinks” they want him to say.

In Illinois he fought to keep gang members who killed for their gang off death row. I am all for fighting to keep people off death row, but not just some people who kill, all people who kill. Only rare cases could I agree the death penalty is right. Ted Bundy comes to mind. And his case, not because he was a serial killer but that they could not contain him in a prison, he kept escaping and killing again.

Why is Obama so concerned about an 8 year old being raped but he refused to sign the born alive act? That in its self is hypocritical. A live child breathing on a table and he refuses to give them medical attention because the child was "meant" to be an abortion. But he is ok with killing a guy who rapes a child?

If he said he was against the death penalty period, I would say there is something Obama and I could agree on.

I hate rape and if someone raped my little girl I would probably kill them out of rage but I could not say it was the right thing to do. It would have been me making a mistake also.

There are very very few people I think should flat die or be killed.

Libs objections to the death penalty are just applicable to this crime as others, and Obama's objection is purely election year politics - he's wrapped up the libs and the foaming-at-the-mouth left, now he is aiming at the center.

Libs objections to the death penalty are just applicable to this crime as others, and Obama's objection is purely election year politics - he's wrapped up the libs and the foaming-at-the-mouth left, now he is aiming at the center.

Yes my objections are the same for all crimes...difference is you cant revers the Death Penalty you can Prison.

But as I could suspect, he comes out for being able to kill child rapist...and you attack him for it.

At least we can all agree he's aiming at moderates with this latest load of horse apples he's feeding the hungry crowd of caca-munchers..

Be careful though, when Obama aims, he shoots to kill. Check out how compassionate and thoughtful he was of the rights of "fellow" minority progressives when he "aimed" to win unopposed in his bid for Senate in Chicago. Four "fellow" political peers political careers lay dead and rotting in the dust when Obama was done shooting at them with the equivalent of a bazooka shooting sparrows from the sky.

Obama supporting the death penalty for child molesters means he ignored the very important nuances of the reason the decision was made to not evoke the death penalty: to save more children's lives...

Obama ignored that if would-be child molesters figured they'd be put to death, that killing their victim would help win their own survival...Obama also ignored the nuance that if children thought their testimony would put a man to death, that fearsome responsibility might squelch their truthful testimony..

Obama ignores pertinent details in favor of soundbites and pandering to whichever way he thinks the wind blows at the time. So yeah, he'd make a great leader in this time of our nation's imminent peril.. He is one of the slimiest, neglectful, most amorphic political beings I've seen the democrats make a mistake on in decades.

Here's to the GOP/Obama trap. I have to admit, they transparently promoted a good trojan horse this time....you know...for the task at hand...divide and conquer...

At least we can all agree he's aiming at moderates with this latest load of horse apples he's feeding the hungry crowd of caca-munchers..

Be careful though, when Obama aims, he shoots to kill. Check out how compassionate and thoughtful he was of the rights of "fellow" minority progressives when he "aimed" to win unopposed in his bid for Senate in Chicago. Four "fellow" political peers political careers lay dead and rotting in the dust when Obama was done shooting at them with the equivalent of a bazooka shooting sparrows from the sky.

Obama supporting the death penalty for child molesters means he ignored the very important nuances of the reason the decision was made to not evoke the death penalty: to save more children's lives...

Obama ignored that if would-be child molesters figured they'd be put to death, that killing their victim would help win their own survival...Obama also ignored the nuance that if children thought their testimony would put a man to death, that fearsome responsibility might squelch their truthful testimony..

Obama ignores pertinent details in favor of soundbites and pandering to whichever way he thinks the wind blows at the time. So yeah, he'd make a great leader in this time of our nation's imminent peril.. He is one of the slimiest, neglectful, most amorphic political beings I've seen the democrats make a mistake on in decades.

Here's to the GOP/Obama trap. I have to admit, they transparently promoted a good trojan horse this time....you know...for the task at hand...divide and conquer...

He is aiming for the moderates? Or maybe he just happens to personally agree?

It's really hard to ascertain what he "really believes" when he reports to represent the classic minority struggler, having been raised in a middle class white home in Hawaii, and having beaten down "fellow" minorities in Chicago.

It's really hard to believe what he "really believes" when he espouses the vague mantra "change" and then goes on to behave like a ruthless oldtime DC shark. It's really hard to know what he "really believes" when he first agrees to abide by public financing and then flip flops when he figures he can get more money by doing so. Public financing and its limits are in place as a measure of fairness to equalize the playing field for people with limited resources...so that in theory the Oval Office could be had by all. Obama's action actually sets precident to discourage those downtrodden behind him from seeking office....more in line with his Chicago performance of actually beating down minority milestones instead of supporting them like he said was what he was doing...running unopposed when he crushed them..

It's really hard to know what Obama "really believes" when his very personality is so amorphic, so slick, so compromised that it would make lawyers blush in shame..

It's really hard to know Obama. Hey I know, let's nominate him and THEN really get to know him? Now there's a plan...

Is there really anything in Obama's record to suggest that he supports the death penalty?

I'm not prepared to take his say-so for it, since nearly all of his promises lately seem to come with an expiration date.

Is there really anything in Obama's record to suggest that he supports the death penalty?

I'm not prepared to take his say-so for it, since nearly all of his promises lately seem to come with an expiration date.

In Illinois he voted for Gang members who kill in the name of their gang to be exempt from the DP.

I guess you can look at it two ways, he figured gang members were special and the rest should die, or this group was the first to fight for but he would have fought for the rest later?

Guns same thing, his votes are against guns he has said on recorded interviews that he thought the DC gun ban was constitutional but now he is saying something else, something opposite.

It’s really easy to figure this out, he is left of left, but he has to try to sound middle of the road to get elected. It is what ALL politicians do, go back to just about any of them aside of maybe Reagan and they all did it. Pander to the base to get the nomination then pander to the middle to get the white house.

But if Obama’s “followers” admit that he is doing this, then they have to admit that he is just another politician. And that takes away from the whole point of his campaign (that he is a different kind of candidate)

Werbung:
It's really hard to ascertain what he "really believes" when he reports to represent the classic minority struggler, having been raised in a middle class white home in Hawaii, and having beaten down "fellow" minorities in Chicago.

It's really hard to believe what he "really believes" when he espouses the vague mantra "change" and then goes on to behave like a ruthless oldtime DC shark. It's really hard to know what he "really believes" when he first agrees to abide by public financing and then flip flops when he figures he can get more money by doing so. Public financing and its limits are in place as a measure of fairness to equalize the playing field for people with limited resources...so that in theory the Oval Office could be had by all. Obama's action actually sets precident to discourage those downtrodden behind him from seeking office....more in line with his Chicago performance of actually beating down minority milestones instead of supporting them like he said was what he was doing...running unopposed when he crushed them..

It's really hard to know what Obama "really believes" when his very personality is so amorphic, so slick, so compromised that it would make lawyers blush in shame..

It's really hard to know Obama. Hey I know, let's nominate him and THEN really get to know him? Now there's a plan...

Gosh I agree, it is very hard to know what he "really believes" about anything. Spot on sil!

Back