Obama and the punishment of unborn life

SWP70

Sunday meditation: Obama and the punishment of unborn life
By Michelle Malkin • March 30, 2008 11:24 AM

I wonder how pro-life Catholic Democrats will react to Barack Obama’s pregnancy-as-punitive and pregnancy-as-inconvenience-on-par-with STDs rhetoric? There’s a careless callousness in Obama’s phrasing yesterday that’s definitely not going to sit well with the staunch Pennsylvania pro-life voting bloc. What do you think? Quote:

Out in western Pennsylvania, the issue of abortion can strike a nerve. Democrats there often describe themselves economic liberals and social conservatives who favor gun rights and oppose abortion rights.

So, it was not unusual to see a woman stand near the end of Barack Obama’s town hall meeting in Johnstown, Penn., and offer a hurried, passionate plea for him to “stop these abortions.”

…The exchange appeared to be prompted by Obama’s earlier comments that he does not favor abstinence-only education, but rather comprehensive sexual education that includes information on abstinence and birth control.

“Look, I got two daughters — 9 years old and 6 years old,” he said. “I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby. I don’t want them punished with an STD at age 16, so it doesn’t make sense to not give them information.” :(

Werbung:
How dramatic. :rolleyes:

I'm thinkin' most people have heard someone suggest.....if a teen was irresponsible-enough to get pregnant, they'd better accept responsibility, for their error!

Typically, that includes carrying-the-child-to-term (thereby, enhancing the guilt-factor), during which the person is encouraged to accept the responsibility/proper-punishment of Parenthood. It's extra-appropriate if the person is a minority....and, is expected to endure the gauntlet of poverty. That'll teach 'em!!!!

Of course, this never includes "conservatives'" little Prom Queens, at home. It's "different", for them. After all....they're only children!! :rolleyes:

Werbung:
How dramatic. :rolleyes:

I'm thinkin' most people have heard someone suggest.....if a teen was irresponsible-enough to get pregnant, they'd better accept responsibility, for their error!

Typically, that includes carrying-the-child-to-term (thereby, enhancing the guilt-factor), during which the person is encouraged to accept the responsibility/proper-punishment of Parenthood. It's extra-appropriate if the person is a minority....and, is expected to endure the gauntlet of poverty. That'll teach 'em!!!!

Of course, this never includes "conservatives'" little Prom Queens, at home. It's "different", for them. After all....they're only
children!! :rolleyes:
Bump-Galletta-Tampa-Graphic-Designer[1].png

Back