obama for president?

Were the Founding Fathers were playing Founding Father in regards to the 1st Amendment in 1798 with the Alien and Sedition Act?

What makes you bring up torturing?

And you're misrepresenting my point. As I've stated here previously, the 1st Amendment was not a suicide pact. The Founding Fathers were extremely concerned with limiting the size of the federal government to prevent the degradation into tyranny that had polluted the political environment of every other country. Thus, they declared that American citizens are "endowed by their Creator" (NOT the government) and that they loan those rights to the government (Lockean philosophy) with the belief that the government will act in the best interest of the people.

The point I'm getting at is that the Founders' intent was clear: American citizens own their inalienable rights, not foreign invaders bent on turning the United States into a theocracy ruled by Sharia law. The right to freedom of speech should not be extended to jihadists who set up websites overseas to help recruit future terrorists.

For someone who isn't a fan of big government, you sure seem to support a lot of it's policies.

Werbung:
For someone who isn't a fan of big government, you sure seem to support a lot of it's policies.

I'm not for big government. I'm for effective government. Useless bureaucratic government programs that do nothing but waste time, money, and resources are what I hate. Most of the stuff that the fed. gov't controls should be either privatized or turned over to the states. In my opinion, the gov't is supposed to provide and uphold infrastructure and provide security (through a standing army).

TVoffBrainon,
Maybe you should turn your tv on after all. Bush is not "too conservative". Government spending is through the roof and he could care less about it. That is not conservative.

I'm also not getting why you accuse USMC of being for the policies of big government. He didn't say anything like that.

TVoffBrainon,
Maybe you should turn your tv on after all. Bush is not "too conservative". Government spending is through the roof and he could care less about it. That is not conservative.

I'm also not getting why you accuse USMC of being for the policies of big government. He didn't say anything like that.

I don't think anything about the Bush Administration is conservative besides it's rhetoric.

I may have misunderstood USMC at some point. I find it hard to debate someone who's political arguments seem to come more from the stand point of red book history rather than opinion.

Code:
[Originally posted by TNConservDem8604]
Who do I think we need? A Conservative Democrat.

Courage is what we need, and I don't see a brave soul in the running for office, other than Barack Obama.

If you're looking for a courageous candidate, I urge you to look no further than New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson. The man has served as this country's Energy Secretary and U.N. Ambassador under President Clinton. He engaged in one-on-one negotiations with Saddam Hussein for the release of hostages, as well as conducting a 60-day ceasefire in the Darfur region of the Sudan. Coalitions seek out Richardson because he is a respected voice in the world community.

Also, Richardson is a relatively moderate Democrat. In New Mexico, he has worked with Republicans and Democrats in achieving tax cuts, as well as showing a support for capital punishment. However as governor, he is also leading the way in environmental action by implementing Kyoto standards in his state and promoting renewable energy sources and rewarding innovation in this area.

Bill Richardson's experience and accomplishments put him above and beyond the other candidates in the field, from either party. No one has done more to earn the presidency than Richardson has, and I think we should give the country a chance to figure that out for themselves.

i think obama has a good chance. however, some people may not like the fact that he is black like us, and i believe there is still plenty of racism going on in this country, wether consciously or subconsciously

Werbung:
Back