Obama Shows Childlike Ignorance At Senate Hearings

sarasara

The senator for Illinois reminded me of an eager young child asking at Christmas “What time will Santa arrive?” He was clearly coming from a point of desperation in trying to get General Petraeus and Ambassador Crocker to give some credence and legitimacy to his plan to bundle US troops out of Iraq as quickly as possible.

But having probed the two men with a list of shortcuts which they politely sank, it was evident that his own Iraq policy was’nt worth a hill o’ beans.

In the end he resorted to doing what Hillary had done earlier and make his campaign pitch as a legitimate spokesman on the war, in his case by reminding the esteemed twosome that Al Quaida was not in Iraq before the invasion and that he did not support the war.

Senator Biden gave him at least an extra five minutes more than any other senator in order to help him out but the whole exchange ended in a whimper and was one of the weakest contributions of the session.

What Obama does have going for him is a natural elegance which can be quite disarming, but which would be employed perhaps more usefully in the entertainment profession than politics. Certainly he would be more successful as a croner than a president.

Werbung:
Would you rather a President with disarming elegance or one who frequently lies and cries (Hiliary) when it comes to dealing with difficult nations/people/situations?

Would you rather a President with disarming elegance or one who frequently lies and cries (Hiliary) when it comes to dealing with difficult nations/people/situations?
Neither of the above. But if I had to choose between the two I would choose a patriot and a grownup in Hillary anyday.

Werbung:
The senator for Illinois reminded me of an eager young child asking at Christmas “What time will Santa arrive?” He was clearly coming from a point of desperation in trying to get General Petraeus and Ambassador Crocker to give some credence and legitimacy to his plan to bundle US troops out of Iraq as quickly as possible.

But having probed the two men with a list of shortcuts which they politely sank, it was evident that his own Iraq policy was’nt worth a hill o’ beans.

In the end he resorted to doing what Hillary had done earlier and make his campaign pitch as a legitimate spokesman on the war, in his case by reminding the esteemed twosome that Al Quaida was not in Iraq before the invasion and that he did not support the war.

Senator Biden gave him at least an extra five minutes more than any other senator in order to help him out but the whole exchange ended in a whimper and was one of the weakest contributions of the session.

What Obama does have going for him is a natural elegance which can be quite disarming, but which would be employed perhaps more usefully in the entertainment profession than politics. Certainly he would be more successful as a croner than a president.

Did we watch the same thing? Did you even watch at all, or are you getting your info from somewhere else?
Obama handled himself quite well.

Back