Obama Tells Hillary Supporters to 'Get Over It'

Pandora

Turns out that Obama must be reading House of Politics and taking the advice given out by some of our members.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 12:18 PM

By: Rick Pedraza

Sen. Barack Obama is being criticized for the choice of words he used last week during a meeting with members of the Congressional Black Caucus in which he reportedly degraded senior female allies of his one-time rival Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., by telling them to "get over it.”

According to an ABC report, the fray began when Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, expressed the desire that Obama, D-Ill., and his campaign reach out to the millions of women still aggrieved by Clinton’s disappointing loss of the Democratic Party’s presidential nomination.

Obama agreed with Lee, a staunch supporter of Clinton, that a lot of work still needs to be done to heal the party, adding he hopes the Clinton supporters in the room would help as much as possible.

“However, I need to make a decision in the next few months as to how I manage that since I’m running against John McCain, which takes a lot of time,” Obama is purported to have said.

“If women take a moment to realize that on every issue important to women, John McCain is not in their corner, that would help them get over it.”

Rep. Diane Watson, D-Calif., a longtime Clinton supporter, did not like those last three words — “Get over it.” Watson said she finds them to be dismissive and off-putting.

“Don’t use that terminology,” Watson reportedly chastised Obama at the meeting.

Rep. Yvette Clarke, D-N.Y., disagreed, saying, “I, personally, as a Hillary supporter, did not take that as something distasteful – nothing like that.”

According to Clarke, Watson didn’t appreciate as a woman being told to "get over it." She says Watson then emphasized to Obama that it was a heated campaign and a lot of healing remains to be done.

"I agree," Obama said. "There's healing on both sides."

Obama reminded the caucus that he held his tongue when Clinton allies falsely suggested he was a Muslim and when the candidate herself said he wasn’t ready to be commander-in-chief, according to the ABC report.

Clarke says the rest of the meeting went on cordially, and after a presentation by Obama's pollster, many members of the caucus reportedly had nothing but pleasant exchanges with the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee.

Republican campaign operatives, however, immediately jumped on Obama’s faux pas by collecting other women’s takes on the phrase. It sent an e-mail with Rep. Heather Wilson, R-N.M., that says Obama tells women who have questions about his record and his campaign to ‘get over it.’

“Working women in New Mexico are worried that Obama has yet to come up with a plan to lower gas prices – we won’t just ‘get over it.’ Obama has put New Mexico jobs at risk with his economic plan and tax increases on small businesses – we won’t just ‘get over it.’ Women’s votes should not be taken for granted, and this sort of language reminds us why,” Congressman Wilson says.

“I’m supporting John McCain because he’s campaigning for the vote of all Americans, including the former Clinton supporters and women to whom Obama is referring, and many of them, like me, see him as a leader who can keep our nation safe and get our economy back on track,” Wilson adds.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/...2008/06/24/107124.html?s=al&promo_code=64DF-1

Werbung:
First off, Newsmax is a RW site they'd love to see the Democratic party split. Unfortunately for them, and you, recent polls don't show that to be the case.

The LA Times/Bloomberg Poll that I posted had some interesting findings. Among them, over 80% of Democratic women now support Obama and this quote:

the great majority of Clinton voters have transferred their allegiance to Obama, the poll found. Only 11% of Clinton voters have defected to McCain.

First off, Newsmax is a RW site they'd love to see the Democratic party split. Unfortunately for them, and you, recent polls don't show that to be the case.

The LA Times/Bloomberg Poll that I posted had some interesting findings. Among them, over 80% of Democratic women now support Obama and this quote:

Did newsmax lie and purposefully misquote Obama or did he say the words quoted ?

Did newsmax lie and purposefully misquote Obama or did he say the words quoted ?

Everything in your RW story starts with Obama "reportedly" said this and "reportedly" said that, nothing definitive. And even if he did, who cares? He is bringing the party together and that's all that matters.

Everything in your RW story starts with Obama "reportedly" said this and "reportedly" said that, nothing definitive. And even if he did, who cares? He is bringing the party together and that's all that matters.

Yes, he is and with your (get over it) strategy. You should feel proud. Hopefully its working

Not sure why you would argue with the post, he is only saying what you and others have already been saying. I didn’t expect your post reply.

If you replied at all I figure you would have said, way to go Obama, or Senator Obama is so intelligent to try and unite our party. Or something like that.

Well it seems that in large part they have which is good news for Obama no question.
But of course a long time Clinton and a Congressional nobody in Rep. Diane Watson gets her panties in a wad over the whole thing. She was the only one in the room to do so apparently. This is such a non-issue.
Cant we scare up his hard line Muslim mind controller with some good youtube clips?

Well it seems that in large part they have which is good news for Obama no question.
But of course a long time Clinton and a Congressional nobody in Rep. Diane Watson gets her panties in a wad over the whole thing. She was the only one in the room to do so apparently. This is such a non-issue.
Cant we scare up his hard line Muslim mind controller with some good youtube clips?

Why does the left keep saying this about Obama being Muslim I see it in the left news just about every day. All these fears that some one might call Obama a Muslim, Obama people afraid because Muslim women almost were photographed at his rally, so on. The left talks about Muslims as though it were a dirty word or something bad or wrong. Yet they are labeled the group of tolerance.

Who really gives a flying flip if he were a Muslim? What exactly is wrong with being a Muslim? Lots of Muslims live in America, and they are nice people. When the left keeps saying, oh you’re going to call him a Muslim you make it sound like Muslim is a dirty word. Why is the supposed party of diversity so freaking afraid of Muslims. If you want the truth I would rather Obama was a Muslim instead of a racist anti white anti American from a freak of nature church. That would be far less of a problem in my book.

I think the left does this on purpose and I think Obama does this on purpose, just like Obama said "oh and did I mention he is black." Insinuating that being black is bad, or less than white? If you have to make out that he is black then at least be accurate he isn’t even half black. I am not sure if he is even officially black enough for affirmative action. Though being black is not good or bad it’s just a skin color. So why does the left keep talking about it as though it’s some issue. Why does Obama keep talking about it as though it’s some disadvantage to him.

.In general people do not care what color Obama is. The few racists there are out there who would not vote for him because he is ¼ black is far out numbered by the blacks who will vote for him because he is black, so its not a disadvantage for his campaign.

Most people know that obama is a racist anti white, not a Muslim. The strange few who would not vote for him because they think he is a Muslim is out numbered by a much larger amount who will not vote for him because he is an anti white anti American racist from a freaked out supposedly Christian church.

The only group who can’t stop talking about the whole whopping ¼ African that is Obama as if it was a bad thing or a flaw on his part or a reason someone might not like him, is the left.

The only group who seem to care if Obama is or was a Muslim is the left. Maybe that is because they are in such denial that he was part of a Christian church that was anti white anti American for 20 years.

Why does the left keep saying this about Obama being Muslim I see it in the left news just about every day. All these fears that some one might call Obama a Muslim, Obama people afraid because Muslim women almost were photographed at his rally, so on. The left talks about Muslims as though it were a dirty word or something bad or wrong. Yet they are labeled the group of tolerance.

Who really gives a flying flip if he were a Muslim? What exactly is wrong with being a Muslim? Lots of Muslims live in America, and they are nice people. When the left keeps saying, oh you’re going to call him a Muslim you make it sound like Muslim is a dirty word. Why is the supposed party of diversity so freaking afraid of Muslims. If you want the truth I would rather Obama was a Muslim instead of a racist anti white anti American from a freak of nature church. That would be far less of a problem in my book.

I think the left does this on purpose and I think Obama does this on purpose, just like Obama said "oh and did I mention he is black." Insinuating that being black is bad, or less than white? If you have to make out that he is black then at least be accurate he isn’t even half black. I am not sure if he is even officially black enough for affirmative action. Though being black is not good or bad it’s just a skin color. So why does the left keep talking about it as though it’s some issue. Why does Obama keep talking about it as though it’s some disadvantage to him.

.In general people do not care what color Obama is. The few racists there are out there who would not vote for him because he is ¼ black is far out numbered by the blacks who will vote for him because he is black, so its not a disadvantage for his campaign.

Most people know that obama is a racist anti white, not a Muslim. The strange few who would not vote for him because they think he is a Muslim is out numbered by a much larger amount who will not vote for him because he is an anti white anti American racist from a freaked out supposedly Christian church.

The only group who can’t stop talking about the whole whopping ¼ African that is Obama as if it was a bad thing or a flaw on his part or a reason someone might not like him, is the left.

The only group who seem to care if Obama is or was a Muslim is the left. Maybe that is because they are in such denial that he was part of a Christian church that was anti white anti American for 20 years.

I dont care if he is, hell I would rather he was, I am sick of Christians running the show. But Its the Republicans who use the Muslim card to scare voters away, and yes many would be scared to vote for a Muslim, on the left or Right. The reason we point it out , is not saying he is, but to show how slimmy the Right has been at times trying to push this fake baseless issue becuse they know they will lose on the Econ, Healthcare, Envirment, and basicly evry issue that is not Natinal Security, and even thats a coin flip give or take how Iraq is at Election time.

Also he is Half black not 1/4 I belive, I belive his father was 100% black, thus he would be half not 1/4. But I do love that he is so anti white, yet the same people who cry that, also try to point out he lived with his mom, and that side of the family aka white...but yes I am sure he hates whites so much...even if that means his close Family.

I could just start saying you hate black people, I have just as much reason to belive that as you that he hates whites...but I am not that lame.

In fact it's now ALREADY up to 89% of Senator Clinton's supporters who are now saying they will back OBAMA!

The "get over it" comment is being taken out of context. Would it make any sense at all for Senator Obama to say... Let's all not get over this very hard fought primary. Let's name call and fight amongst ourselves and let a Bush third term take place.

It's all good. Senator Obama & Senator Clinton will be campaigning to elect a Democratic President together and fund raising together very very soon!!!

There is no problem here at all... only the bad wishes of neo-cons who are losing their strangle hold on Americans because their incompetence and fraud & trickery has been found out.

In fact it's now ALREADY up to 89% of Senator Clinton's supporters who are now saying they will back OBAMA!

The "get over it" comment is being taken out of context. Would it make any sense at all for Senator Obama to say... Let's all not get over this very hard fought primary. Let's name call and fight amongst ourselves and let a Bush third term take place.

It's all good. Senator Obama & Senator Clinton will be campaigning to elect a Democratic President together and fund raising together very very soon!!!

There is no problem here at all... only the bad wishes of neo-cons who are losing their strangle hold on Americans because their incompetence and fraud & trickery has been found out.

You should be his spokesperson, I mean that as a compliment. When you speak for him it always sounds nice, when I hear him speak it get P^s! off all over again. :)

I dont care if he is, hell I would rather he was, I am sick of Christians running the show. But Its the Republicans who use the Muslim card to scare voters away, and yes many would be scared to vote for a Muslim, on the left or Right. The reason we point it out , is not saying he is, but to show how slimmy the Right has been at times trying to push this fake baseless issue becuse they know they will lose on the Econ, Healthcare, Envirment, and basicly evry issue that is not Natinal Security, and even thats a coin flip give or take how Iraq is at Election time.

Also he is Half black not 1/4 I belive, I belive his father was 100% black, thus he would be half not 1/4. But I do love that he is so anti white, yet the same people who cry that, also try to point out he lived with his mom, and that side of the family aka white...but yes I am sure he hates whites so much...even if that means his close Family.

I could just start saying you hate black people, I have just as much reason to belive that as you that he hates whites...but I am not that lame.

I disagree that it is the republicans. I watch a lot of news and it is always the left talking about how they fear someone might call him a Muslim and how hateful it would be, and how people on the right might be racist, he himself reminded us that he is black and the republicans are going to remind voters of this. They keep bringing up this stuff as though it really freaking matters.

The Dems get their panties all up in a bunch if 2 Muslim women come to his rally and "might" get photographed, a leader in a Muslim temple who was going to rally nice words about obama was asked not to because of how it “might” look. They don’t have closet gays in the Dem party they have closet Muslims, and it’s the Dems themselves who closet them!

If obama and his “followers” would stop talking about race, it would be a non issue.
If obama and his “followers” would stop talking about him possibly being a Muslim it would be a non issue.

They scream and yell race, Islam look they are going to attack us on race, race race!!

They are going to call me a Muslim, oh no not that dirty word.

It’s an old trick that only works with extremely stupid people but Obama is counting on his “followers” to be such. If you say something enough times it must be true. If he brings up race and Islam constantly, the news will report him saying they will remind you that I am black and I might be a Muslim. So once HIS OWN freaking words are reported, then it’s true, the news talked about race and Islam.

I disagree that it is the republicans. I watch a lot of news and it is always the left talking about how they fear someone might call him a Muslim and how hateful it would be, and how people on the right might be racist, he himself reminded us that he is black and the republicans are going to remind voters of this. They keep bringing up this stuff as though it really freaking matters.

The Dems get their panties all up in a bunch if 2 Muslim women come to his rally and "might" get photographed, a leader in a Muslim temple who was going to rally nice words about obama was asked not to because of how it “might” look. They don’t have closet gays in the Dem party they have closet Muslims, and it’s the Dems themselves who closet them!

If obama and his “followers” would stop talking about race, it would be a non issue.
If obama and his “followers” would stop talking about him possibly being a Muslim it would be a non issue.

They scream and yell race, Islam look they are going to attack us on race, race race!!

They are going to call me a Muslim, oh no not that dirty word.

It’s an old trick that only works with extremely stupid people but Obama is counting on his “followers” to be such. If you say something enough times it must be true. If he brings up race and Islam constantly, the news will report him saying they will remind you that I am black and I might be a Muslim. So once HIS OWN freaking words are reported, then it’s true, the news talked about race and Islam.

yes I know Republicans put out the false stories, and all that and its his fault for people talking about it....Lets not blame the people puting out the stories noooooo

yes I know Republicans put out the false stories, and all that and its his fault for people talking about it....Lets not blame the people puting out the stories noooooo

Reporting on Obama giving a speech where he says they are going to attack me because I have a funny name and they are going to say I am a Muslim and oh did I mention he is black. And it is not just one speech and it is not just him, it is his mindless "followers" too!

So let me try to understand, reporting his words is feeding cycle and keeping it going, but him SAYING the words instead of shutting up about it is not keeping the cycle going.

That logic is making me dizzy!

I will be the very first one to admit that the right wing conservative party WILL NOT let go of the Trinity church business, Rezco, and William Ayers, why is it so hard for you to admit that it is Obama and his "followers" who wont let the stupid dumb Muslim story go, or the fact that he has African blood go. Because neither of those are real issues and they know it as well as everyone else does, but it gets the topic off of the Trinity church business, Rezco, and William Ayers.

Werbung:
You should be his spokesperson, I mean that as a compliment. When you speak for him it always sounds nice, when I hear him speak it get P^s! off all over again. :)

Well thanks... that's very kind of you to say.

That's just the way I hear what Senator Obama says. I think that's the way a majority will hear what he says. America can't take another 4 years of McBush policy I know that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVuMYKs8iJs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHibM_WuR2c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBM28mt1cpg

Back