Obama wants to legitimize the 20 million illegal aliens - do you agree?

Werbung:
Hey!! Good idea! Let's apply that to bank robbers too!

You need to get over your prejudice.

The fact is, the majority of illegals came to the us in search of a better life, and are willing to work to get just that -- given a decent chance. Unlike most american citizens who are looking for government hand-outs.

Haven't you noticed that obesity is becoming a problem with americans? It probably wouldn't be that way if they did decent work.

The fact is, the majority of illegals came to the us in search of a better life, and are willing to work to get just that -- given a decent chance. Unlike most american citizens who are looking for government hand-outs.

Haven't you noticed that obesity is becoming a problem with americans? It probably wouldn't be that way if they did decent work.

I'm with Libsmasher on this one - what's the difference? Bank robbers are only looking for a better life, a life with less financial burden and one in which they're able to provide for their families. The "predjudice" argument only flies, in my opinion, if you explicity state that you hate mexican/costa ricans/hondurans/etc. In my particular case, I don't hate any of those people, but I do hate that I have to follow the law (and I'm a citizen of this country) but people who aren't citizens don't have to follow the law.

Where's the logic in that? If Obama says he wants to legalize the illegals, he should be willing to pardon everyone in jail, too. And if he's for open borders, then he certainly will be a complete liar when he's being sworn in because if I recall correctly he'll need to state something about promising to protect the sovereignty of the nation. If you're not protecting your borders from illegals (whatever their nationality or country of origin) then you're essentially giving up and letting the world take over.

But illegal immigrants only get picked over Americans because they are willing to put in a bit of real hard work. We have the same issue with Eastern Europeans since work permits became unneccessary for EU residents.

The Polish especially come here, and work longer hours and give better quality of work, then get abused by fat football hooligans who live on the dole or give a shoddy quality of work and bunk off all time.

I'm with Libsmasher on this one - what's the difference? Bank robbers are only looking for a better life, a life with less financial burden and one in which they're able to provide for their families. The "predjudice" argument only flies, in my opinion, if you explicity state that you hate mexican/costa ricans/hondurans/etc. In my particular case, I don't hate any of those people, but I do hate that I have to follow the law (and I'm a citizen of this country) but people who aren't citizens don't have to follow the law.

That's kind of a complex question. For illegals, it is the act of being in this country that it is illegal; the work most of them seek here is perfectly legitimate. Bank robbers perform illegal work that is to the detriment of society; immigrant workers perform legal work that is to the benefit of society.

The 'law' that you are refering to is a quota on immigration set by some mid-level functionary in this or that embassy. This quota becomes moot since illegal aliens are already in the country, performing productive tasks and contributing to the economy.

In the end, they are no different from the first europeans who came to the continent seeking a better life. Certainly a lot better than most 'citizens' who feel that some jobs are beneath them and yet accepting government largess not.

Where's the logic in that? If Obama says he wants to legalize the illegals, he should be willing to pardon everyone in jail, too.

Illegals get deported. Criminals go to jail. There is a mountain of difference between the two.

And if he's for open borders, then he certainly will be a complete liar when he's being sworn in because if I recall correctly he'll need to state something about promising to protect the sovereignty of the nation. If you're not protecting your borders from illegals (whatever their nationality or country of origin) then you're essentially giving up and letting the world take over.

I really don't know what this particular presidentiable thinks but given the current situation, a general amnesty for illegal aliens seems like a very valid option.

The Mexican border seems to be a steel fence and a few towers, while I have to wait in a 200 person long line to get from the UK to Florida having my face (sometimes iris) and fingerprints scanned, have my families passports, age and purpose in the US meticulously checked over averaging 2 or 3 minutes a person meaning a nice long wait at customs.

Maybe you should try swapping resources around a bit.

of all places, the UK archbishop wants to have Sharia Law there... how about that too?
let's all hold hands and sing together.
and how is that immigration thing going in the UK anyway? seen any changes in the most favorite boys name over there?

That whole sharia law thing is a disgrace and the day it comes into practice is the day I emmigrate to Australia.

Immigration isn't great because our government is incompetent, reguarly loosing laptops full of data, granting passports to the wrong people, loosing track of individuals or records at an unbelievable rate.

That whole sharia law thing is a disgrace and the day it comes into practice is the day I emmigrate to Australia.

Immigration isn't great because our government is incompetent, reguarly loosing laptops full of data, granting passports to the wrong people, loosing track of individuals or records at an unbelievable rate.

hahhah. Australia isn't far behind. except they don't have a president/prime minister who bows down and kisses the muslims asses like a good dhimmi Tony Blair and his pals.

yeah and that new favorite boys name in the UK = Mohammed? hmmmm.
and how about the Queen giving some big UK real estate away to her Middle Eastern friends in the past couple of weeks?

yes, the majority of illegals came here in search of a better life, and the majority do it via hard work and self sacrifice. That majority is an asset to the country.

However, and it's a big however:

There is a small but significant minority who come here to promote gangs and drugs, or to live off of the welfare state. That minority needs to be screened out. By allowing them to come illegally, there is no way to screen them out.

One more big however:

The country can only absorb just so many newcomers, especially uneducated non English speaking newcomers. If there are too many, they overwhelm our educational and health care systems, which are stressed to the max even without illegal aliens. We need to be able to determine how many will be allowed to immigrate.

And the last big however:

Those who come here illegally have to live in the shadows, in constant fear of deportation. They create an underclass of people willing to work for substandard wages and afraid to speak out for fear of being sent back home. Legal immigrants would not have such fears, and would more quickly assimilate into the mainstream of American life.

It's not prejudice. It's reality.

hahhah. Australia isn't far behind. except they don't have a president/prime minister who bows down and kisses the muslims asses like a good dhimmi Tony Blair and his pals.

yeah and that new favorite boys name in the UK = Mohammed? hmmmm.
and how about the Queen giving some big UK real estate away to her Middle Eastern friends in the past couple of weeks?

In case you've forgotten, Tony Blair isn't prime minster anymore. But yes, Europe especially but also a lot of British politicans seem to be intent on chasing around helping promote Islam when what everyone else wants is a secular society. Europe seems convinced that in order to not offend people, Islam needs to be given special allowances.

However, it would definetly be a misconception to say Islam and their favourite boy are a danger. That is just the kind of stuff you personally have convinced yourself of. I still retain a firm grip of reality :rolleyes:

I don't care what the Queen does, I don't have a say in her pointless and expensive existence.

And the last big however:

Those who come here illegally have to live in the shadows, in constant fear of deportation. They create an underclass of people willing to work for substandard wages and afraid to speak out for fear of being sent back home. Legal immigrants would not have such fears, and would more quickly assimilate into the mainstream of American life.

It's not prejudice. It's reality.
well said.

In case you've forgotten, Tony Blair isn't prime minster anymore. But yes, Europe especially but also a lot of British politicans seem to be intent on chasing around helping promote Islam when what everyone else wants is a secular society. Europe seems convinced that in order to not offend people, Islam needs to be given special allowances.

However, it would definetly be a misconception to say Islam and their favourite boy are a danger. That is just the kind of stuff you personally have convinced yourself of. I still retain a firm grip of reality :rolleyes:

I don't care what the Queen does, I don't have a say in her pointless and expensive existence.

the point is that your country will be taking up Sharia Law before the US.
and if that's acceptable to you Brits then best of luck to ya.
Eurasia is called that for a reason. majority rules, eh?

I feel bad, really, the UK had fine tradition and a very rich history that is turning into something different as you will find out in the next 5 years.

Once again, you just take the whole fear of Islam too far. I don't want sharia law, and it is creeping in slowly, but I don't believe a radical Islamic armageddon to be dawning upon us within 5 years.

Ah well, we'll see whos right when the great war of 2012 comes in and the UK is under sharia law the following year according to your predicitons.

Werbung:
Once again, you just take the whole fear of Islam too far. I don't want sharia law, and it is creeping in slowly, but I don't believe a radical Islamic armageddon to be dawning upon us within 5 years.

Ah well, we'll see whos right when the great war of 2012 comes in and the UK is under sharia law the following year according to your predicitons.

it's not going away, it is increasing, so what do you see in 5 years?
if the UK keeps laying down and getting walked on like a doormat then yes, it will creep faster.

is there anything you can do to prevent it? there is a mass exodus from the UK now, eh? people are leaving while they can, aren't they?

there is indeed a 7 phase plan that includes confrontation 2012-2013 or so. this comes from Saddam's computers and those found in AQ raids.

Back