Obama wins Wisconsin

Werbung:
Popeye,
Obama has been on an unbelievable tide of momentum really since Iowa, but since Super Tuesday he has been awesome. I heard on the radio a pundit say that if Hillary doesnt win Texas, she is more or less done. I dont quite know how the entire democrat system works out with delegates and super delegates. But at some point it will become mathmetically impossible for Hillary to pull this out.

PFOS,
I am also a Biden backer. He was my original pick. During the Alaska causus in my little middle of nowhere village, I was the only one who stood for Biden. Of course he was deemed non-viable and I was able to move to Obama who won our local precinct and Alaska.
As a side note, for the GOP side of my local primaries, Ron Paul won handily by a 3-1 margin. Romney won the state.

That's nine wins in a row, soon to be ten, for the candidate of change Barack Obama. Too soon to see how big a win, but exit polls suggest a substantial margin. A couple months ago who would have thought it?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17838435

Haha, the "candidate of change". I love it. What is he going to change?

Keep in mind, my liberal friends, change isn't necessarily progress. Change for the sake of change never accomplished anything.

When he starts talking about what he is going to change and possibly more importantly, how he is going to enact these changes he's just your prototypical politician making empty promises in the form of 4 second sound bytes. Nothing substantive, nothing significant, nothing fundamental. Just hollow, superficial sound-bytes.

Haha, the "candidate of change". I love it. What is he going to change?

Keep in mind, my liberal friends, change isn't necessarily progress. Change for the sake of change never accomplished anything.

When he starts talking about what he is going to change and possibly more importantly, how he is going to enact these changes he's just your prototypical politician making empty promises in the form of 4 second sound bytes. Nothing substantive, nothing significant, nothing fundamental. Just hollow, superficial sound-bytes.

Bush out of office....thats enough change to make me happy...with CLinton, Obama, McCain or Bloomburg

A McCain election would be nothing but the third Bush administration. Except that McCain is actually worse than Bush. He has a far nastier temper, and is even more vindictive against anyone who dares to disagree with him. And McCain has plans to start multiple wars. What's not to love?

Werbung:
Popeye,
Obama has been on an unbelievable tide of momentum really since Iowa, but since Super Tuesday he has been awesome. I heard on the radio a pundit say that if Hillary doesnt win Texas, she is more or less done. I dont quite know how the entire democrat system works out with delegates and super delegates. But at some point it will become mathmetically impossible for Hillary to pull this out.
She doesn't win both states she's done. The problem for her, she has to win both by large margins, because of the way delegates are awarded.

Here's how it actually works in Texas: 2/3 of the delegates will be alloted according to who wins each state senate district. The candidate with the overall higher popular vote statewide could end up with fewer delegates.

Then, the last 1/3 are allocated according to a strange caucus that follows 15 minutes after the polls close for the primary vote. Folks who voted in the primary can return at 7:15 on March 4th to write in support for either Obama or Clinton. Only those who voted in the Democratic primary can participate. In essence, it will allow voters to vote twice for their candidate. This caucus process will favor Obama. So, again, she could win the state, but Obama could win the most delegates.

It already looks like it is mathematically impossible for her to catch up in pledged delegates. So, she is counting on super delegates, plus some shenanigans in getting the Mich. and Fla. delegates seated to put her over the top. Thing is, if she were to win the nomination that way, when Obama actually has the most pledged delegates, it would fracture the party. I would never vote for her under those circumstances and you can be sure there are millions more like me.

Back