Olbermann: Kill the bill

Popeye

This bill in the Senate is nothing but a giveaway to the insurance industry and big pharma. No public option, no Medicare buy in, not allowing drug importation...where is the reform?

I agree with Keith, Howard Dean, Bernie Sanders and other liberals..this bill can't be supported in it's current form.

This is not health, this is not care, this is certainly not reform. I bless the Sherrod Browns and Ron Wydens and Jay Rockefellers and Sheldon Whitehouses and Anthony Weiners and all the others who have fought for real reform and I bleed for the pain inflicted upon them and their hopes. They have done their jobs and served their nation.

But through circumstances beyond their control, they are now seeking to reanimate a corpse killed by the Republicans, and by a political game played in the Senate and in the White House by men and women who have now proved themselves poorly equipped for the fight. The "men" of the current moment, have lost to the "mice" of history.

They must now not make the defeat worse by passing a hollow shell of a bill just for the sake of a big-stage signing ceremony. This bill, slowly bled to death by the political equivalent of the leeches that were once thought state-of-the-art-medicine, is now little more than a series of microscopically minor tweaks of a system which is the real-life, here-and-now version, of the malarkey of the Town Hallers. The American Insurance Cartel is the Death Panel, and this Senate bill does nothing to destroy it. Nor even to satiate it.

It merely decrees that our underprivileged, our sick, our elderly, our middle class, can be fed into it, as human sacrifices to the great maw of corporate voraciousness, at a profit per victim of 10 cents on the dollar instead of the current 20. Even before the support columns of reform were knocked down, one by one, with the kind of passive defense that would embarrass a touch-football player - single-payer, the public option, the Medicare Buy-In - before they vanished, the Congressional Budget Office estimated that the part of this bill that would require you to buy insurance unless you could prove you could not afford it, would cost a family of four with a household income of 54-thousand dollars a year, 17 percent of that income. Nine thousand dollars a year. Just for the insurance!

--------

No single payer? No sale. No public option? No sale. No Medicare buy-in? No sale. I am one of the self-insured, albeit by choice. And I hereby pledge that I will not buy this perversion of health care reform. Pass this at your peril, Senators, and sign it at yours, Mr. President. I will not buy this insurance. Brand me a lawbreaker if you choose. Fine me if you will. Jail me if you must.

But if the Medicare Buy-In goes, but the Mandate stays, the people who fought so hard and so sincerely to bring sanity to this system must kill this mutated version of their dream, because those elected by us to act for us have forgotten what must be the golden rule of health care reform. It is the same one to which physicians are bound, by oath: First do no harm.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34455168/

Werbung:
This bill in the Senate is nothing but a giveaway to the insurance industry and big pharma. No public option, no Medicare buy in, not allowing drug importation...where is the reform?

I agree with Keith, Howard Dean, Bernie Sanders and other liberals..this bill is insupportable in it's current form.

BO sold out to the insurance industry and big pharma.

W would have done the same thing.

Two peas in a pod...

They go together like peas and carrots...

Two peas in a pod...

Actually, you're right....now I know there's a problem.

Obama has continued Bush's wars, even escalating one, and now he's caving to the corporatists..where's the change?

When Obama came to power he inserted all the old DLCers into his cabinet, Emanuel, Geithner, Salazar, etc....where's the change?

I believe I see a third party in my voting future..

Two peas in a pod...

Way to think...its not like its Leiberman and other Conservitive Dems who have cost us the Public option and such..Obama , is not actuly part of the Senate or House...and you may be shocked to find...actuly had nothing to do with it...

but yea

Way to think...its not like its Leiberman and other Conservitive Dems who have cost us the Public option and such..Obama , is not actuly part of the Senate or House...and you may be shocked to find...actuly had nothing to do with it...

but yea

You can't blame everything on Lieberman. Senators like John Kerry, Chuck Schumer, and Maria Cantwell, none of them considered bluedogs, all voted against allowing importation of prescription drugs.

This is a policy Obama and the Democrats criticized Bush and the Republicans for and promised to change, but now that they're in power those healthy campaign donations rule the day.

It's just the same old thing...

Dems Voting No on Prescription Drug Imports Receive 70% More Pharma Money

You can't blame everything on Lieberman. Senators like John Kerry, Chuck Schumer, and Maria Cantwell, none of them considered bluedogs, all voted against allowing importation of prescription drugs.

This is a policy Obama and the Democrats criticized Bush and the Republicans for and promised to change, but now that they're in power those healthy campaign donations rule the day.

It's just the same old thing...

Dems Voting No on Prescription Drug Imports Receive 70% More Pharma Money

I said leiberman and others...I pick on him becuse he is the retard who is helps get them to drop public option in favor of Expansion of Medicare...then says no to that as well...after he has supported that for years....also he campaigned for McCain so screw him, its time the Dems showed him the door

I said leiberman and others...I pick on him becuse he is the retard who is helps get them to drop public option in favor of Expansion of Medicare...then says no to that as well...after he has supported that for years....also he campaigned for McCain so screw him, its time the Dems showed him the door

Agreed.

I understand both Democratic Party members positions. The current Bill is better than what we have now... if they also drop the mandated buy in. They really shouldn't have a mandated buy in if the up side is so tiny.

On the other hand going that way we are doing just what the Republicants (and Lieberman) want which is coming up with a system that benefits only the rich insurance companies while not reducing costs & premiums or the deficit.

It's pretty bad when you can simply read the CBO report look them right in the eyes and honestly say... You know that going the original way on reform WILL reduce costs & premiums & reduce the deficit... but you're against that, right?

I think it's probably time to say we've had enough. Drop the Bill go into reconciliation and build it back the better way and only have to pass it by a simple majority. That's still passing it with a majority and we have that no problem.

I think this is a lesson learned. Don't even try to work with the Republicants on ANYTHING. Just push things through. It will save a lot of time.

Agreed.

I understand both Democratic Party members positions. The current Bill is better than what we have now... if they also drop the mandated buy in. They really shouldn't have a mandated buy in if the up side is so tiny.

On the other hand going that way we are doing just what the Republicants (and Lieberman) want which is coming up with a system that benefits only the rich insurance companies while not reducing costs & premiums or the deficit.

It's pretty bad when you can simply read the CBO report look them right in the eyes and honestly say... You know that going the original way on reform WILL reduce costs & premiums & reduce the deficit... but you're against that, right?

I think it's probably time to say we've had enough. Drop the Bill go into reconciliation and build it back the better way and only have to pass it by a simple majority. That's still passing it with a majority and we have that no problem.

I think this is a lesson learned. Don't even try to work with the Republicants on ANYTHING. Just push things through. It will save a lot of time.

would be interesting to see a CBO report just on single payer , see what they come up with. But yes, its nice to see ...we are against this version of bill...because the CBO showed it would cost less long term and also cover more people....can we take out the parts that help lower the cost and spread it ti more people? ....thats better....now that next part...can we take more out of that...and reduce the benefits more..limit it more......Oh and yea can we make it so that the ones we are mad at, benefit more?

thanks, now that no one is happy with this and we have compromised so much the right still hates it, cuz they hate anything that we say, just becuse we said it...and now all the people who wanted real health care reform, major reforms needed...are mad....lets call it a win?

They should have just banned taking away insurance when you get sick, ban them from preventing people with pre existing conditions, and at the end of the bill said, and we think the medical Insurance industry burns in hell...and then writes them a check.....smaller bill, less debate...same reform as we are left with

Agreed.

Also the Dems do not realy have 60 votes...they have 59...stop countling Joe...I hope they spend evry dime they can to beat him next time...

Don't even try to work with the Republicants on ANYTHING. Just push things through. It will save a lot of time.

Progressive thinking with Bill Maher:

"He just needs to drag them to it. Like I just said, they're stupid. Just drag them to this. Get healthcare done. You know, with or without them, make the 'gang of six' an offer they can't refuse. This Max Bacchus guy, he needs to wake up tomorrow with an interns head in his bed."

Yeah.. just push things through... force your will on the stupid American public... drag them to your collectivist utopia... use terror tactics on those who refuse to go along with the radical leftist agenda... That's not tyrannical, oh no, its Progressive.

That's right... Dems can't be expected to tolerate dissent among the ranks, its time Rahm Emanuel sent dead fish to all those pesky moderates who refuse to blindly follow the radical leftist agenda.

I am sorry, but last I checked, he is not a Dem...Not in title or party...He Campagined for McCain and has even not ruled out running as a republican...So yea, I think they can do with out him

Werbung:
Back