Palin said humans and dinosuars walked the earth together

Werbung:
Indeed

The US is the most dangerous nation on earth. And the most hypocritical practising just about all the human rights violations it accuses the countries it attacks of.

Thank non-existent deity its empire is coming to an end and despite its jingoistic grandstanding as the world's most powerful nation China could destroy it with just a small change to gold reserves and loans.

Mr Carpenter, it is a pity you are not as gifted at debating as you are insulting.

In fact there seems to be an inverse correlation

Mr Carpenter, it is a pity you are not as gifted at debating as you are insulting.

In fact there seems to be an inverse correlation

You're one to talk about insulting D, but then someone as dense as you are can't be expected to comprehend even the most basic concepts.

The US is the most dangerous nation on earth. And the most hypocritical practising just about all the human rights violations it accuses the countries it attacks of.
Hey.....you know.....it's the ol' Heritage-trip. :rolleyes:

"And once the ties with the crown had been broken

Westward in saddle and wagon it went

And 'til the railroad linked ocean to ocean

Many the lives which had come to an end

While we bullied, stole and bought our a homeland

We began the slaughter of the red man

Our cities have turned into jungles

And corruption is stranglin' the land

The police force is watching the people

And the people just can't understand

We don't know how to mind our own business

'Cause the whole worlds got to be just like us

Now we are fighting a war over there

No matter who's the winner

We can't pay the cost..."

Um... no. There is only one creation story. In chapter one, it says how God created everything in six literal days.

In chapter two, it goes back to the sixth day, and fills in more detail about how man was created. That man should no be alone. That He brought all the animals, that God created from the dust of the ground, to the man to see what he would name them. Then after this, man was still alone. So God created woman (yay!).

The purpose of mentioning the animals (created on day 5 and 6) were made out of the ground is that, man being made in God's image, had dominion over the animal, even though all were created from the dust of the ground. This is further supported by the fact Man named all the animals.

Point is, they are not separate stories or different accounts. They are the same story. Neither contradicts the other.

Actually most bible scholars disagree with you on this.

They will tell you that indeed their are two creation stories. Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 come from different sources.

They can be compatible without a doubt, but the idea that they did not come from two separate stories or sources is widely held to be wrong by the vast majority of biblical scholars.

Actually most bible scholars disagree with you on this.

They will tell you that indeed their are two creation stories. Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 come from different sources.

They can be compatible without a doubt, but the idea that they did not come from two separate stories or sources is widely held to be wrong by the vast majority of biblical scholars.

I understand that. Then again, if I based my views and understanding of any issue on popularity, I'd be an ignorant liberal... right? :D

The two stories are compatible, and as I understand it, this is the view that orthodox jews hold for the torah. Since the Bible is self described as infallible, and since God said he would protect his word, it is more likely that in the process of translating a more complex language, to a less expressive language, some of the finer points may have been lost.

Nevertheless, of those that study the Hebrew, the context in which it was written, and common writing practices of the day, are more than not, in agreement, it is one story.

I believe this is why God instituted the church, and a position of teacher to research and learn the finer points of biblical doctrine. God knew that, although the basic truth that, Jesus came and died for mans sin as a free gift of salvation, might be easy enough for any to understand, other issues though are more complex and need full time study to learn, and to convey. Of the little Hebrew I know, it is enough to know I can't learn Hebrew.

I understand that. Then again, if I based my views and understanding of any issue on popularity, I'd be an ignorant liberal... right? :D

The two stories are compatible, and as I understand it, this is the view that orthodox jews hold for the torah. Since the Bible is self described as infallible, and since God said he would protect his word, it is more likely that in the process of translating a more complex language, to a less expressive language, some of the finer points may have been lost.

Nevertheless, of those that study the Hebrew, the context in which it was written, and common writing practices of the day, are more than not, in agreement, it is one story.

I believe this is why God instituted the church, and a position of teacher to research and learn the finer points of biblical doctrine. God knew that, although the basic truth that, Jesus came and died for mans sin as a free gift of salvation, might be easy enough for any to understand, other issues though are more complex and need full time study to learn, and to convey. Of the little Hebrew I know, it is enough to know I can't learn Hebrew.

I do not mind your interpretation of it all. All I am saying is that they are put together from two separate stories written at different times, thus having two creation stories present in Genesis.

It does not make them not compatible or make the bible wrong, it just is what it is.

I wrote some pretty good liberal rebuttals on the financial thread, its easy to make no sense. :D

Hell, that's all they've got.

You want 'em to discuss The ECONOMY??!!! :D

Sure. Under Clinton, our economy was in a recession. The democrats attempted to block a tax cut that rebounded our economy from the recession Clinton left us in. Bush is leaving us in a growing economy. A slow economy, but still a growing one. The two issues that caused our current slow down were policies of Alt-A loans being purchased by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which were left over from the prior administration, and a change in general accounting practices legislated by congress as a knee-jerk reactions to Enron.

So, yes I have no problem talking about the economy. The question is, what evidence do you have to support anything you say? Because I can back all mine up with documentation. Go watch the video on Proof that Democrats lied about Fannie Mae, and you'll see first hand video recorded evidence of the democrats supporting the policies that have caused this issue.

I do not mind your interpretation of it all. All I am saying is that they are put together from two separate stories written at different times, thus having two creation stories present in Genesis.

It does not make them not compatible or make the bible wrong, it just is what it is.

I wrote some pretty good liberal rebuttals on the financial thread, its easy to make no sense. :D

That's fine. I just don't see any evidence of them being two different stories. The orthodox jews don't see it either.

Anyway, yeah, you clearly had the completely illogical liberalism factor down pat. Of course you did a better job at making it look like there was substance. The average liberal can't string 2 thoughts together without looking like an elementary school child trying to say that because he found his crayon, he should get ice cream.

That's fine. I just don't see any evidence of them being two different stories. The orthodox jews don't see it either.

Anyway, yeah, you clearly had the completely illogical liberalism factor down pat. Of course you did a better job at making it look like there was substance. The average liberal can't string 2 thoughts together without looking like an elementary school child trying to say that because he found his crayon, he should get ice cream.

Think of it like a news paper

Headline God creates all things

then you go read the story and its more detail of how it was done

Werbung:
Back