Prosetlylitic interpreted religions are EViL!!1!!!!1

Werbung:
The trend on the culture/religion threads seems to be that ALL religion are evil...
As the human race matures, I think that all organized religions will come to be seen as the blunt tools they are and will gradually fall out of favor. People are going to become more self-actualized, taking responsibility for their own spiritual development instead of giving away that power and responsibility to someoverbearing, money-collecting, dogmatic, religious figure with a loud voice and hair in his ears.

The current trend of increasing atheism/agnostism seems to indicate this. You know what wouldn't surprise me, if scientology was a true world religion in a few hundered years.

Think about it, Christianity was original regarded as a dangerous wacko cult. At first it was Jesus (Hubbard), preaching a book, and after his death it became a religion which was regarded as bizzare and dangerous. However, 1500 years later and its one of the biggest religions on the globe.

And it caters for what we need now. Christianity was in context for the time, but this religion embraces space, aliens and the stress of modern day life.

Don't worry, I think its a pile of tump.

The current trend of increasing atheism/agnostism seems to indicate this. You know what wouldn't surprise me, if scientology was a true world religion in a few hundered years.

Think about it, Christianity was original regarded as a dangerous wacko cult. At first it was Jesus (Hubbard), preaching a book, and after his death it became a religion which was regarded as bizzare and dangerous. However, 1500 years later and its one of the biggest religions on the globe.

And it caters for what we need now. Christianity was in context for the time, but this religion embraces space, aliens and the stress of modern day life.

Don't worry, I think its a pile of tump.

Mew hubbard is a gauche bag. I don't think that religions are evil, I simply think forcing said religion on others is evil. thus my post. horribly mangled in its spelling as it were.

The trend at the moment is that humanity is seeking answers in religion, and the great enlighenment is touch too few to make a difference. The reason why the missionaries message works is that they offer false hope to the masses, and as my ofter quoted Marx saying goes 'religion is the opiate of the masses'. Until we can find a way to allivate their suffering that is free of the burdon of eternal hellfire if you do not believe, then we are going to be an elite in a sea of prayer and un-neccessary dogma

Prostletising is not evil - the minds of men are.

Just saying.

I totally mispelled proselytic....*shrug*

Religions are just one world view. All ideas deserve to be heard to see what value they have.

If proselytizing religion is evil then proseltysing the idea that proselytizing is evil is evil too.

Religions are just one world view. All ideas deserve to be heard to see what value they have.

If proselytizing religion is evil then proseltysing the idea that proselytizing is evil is evil too.

I don't mind hearing or "seeing" what value they may or may not have, but you fail to recognize the definition of proselytize. It's an attempt to convert someone to some belief. The problem is the method religious proselytism, as it usually involves a threat, be it hacking ones head off or eternity hanging by your toenails over a bonfire. That is evil, it's an attempt to force someone into your belief system. Your assumption that it's simply sharing ideas is ludicrous, Sharing ideas is cool, shoving it down someones throat is farked up.

Werbung:
I don't mind hearing or "seeing" what value they may or may not have, but you fail to recognize the definition of proselytize. It's an attempt to convert someone to some belief. The problem is the method religious proselytism, as it usually involves a threat, be it hacking ones head off or eternity hanging by your toenails over a bonfire. That is evil, it's an attempt to force someone into your belief system. Your assumption that it's simply sharing ideas is ludicrous, Sharing ideas is cool, shoving it down someones throat is farked up.

Shoving a religion down someones throat is bad - I agree. I am a Christian and I do not force anyone to share what I believe. For me, it is simply sharing my ideas.

False threats about hellfire would also be bad. But if one believes that it is a service to warn others about the consequences of their actions then, putting yourself in their shoes, you would agree that it is just a warning and the difference is in whether it is offered in good faith or in bad faith.

If a doctor failed to warn his patients about the consequences of eating an all butter diet he would be failing them. it may turn out that he was wrong and that butter was not an evil at all, but he has to try.

Back