PS3 Mayhem!!

I've always waited for a pricedrop before purchasing. Yes, I'm a cheapskate. I'd rather be able to buy a few more games then go thru all the mayhem and inflated prices seen at launch.

Word. But I'm not hardcore about the newest anything any more. I used to love to have the latest technology but now it seems like I hardly have time to get used to Version X before Version X+ comes out. And, as Sarah noted, the new version sometimes needed more work. To me, it just makes sense to wait.

Werbung:
Addendum: The same thing applies to motor vehicles- try to avoid buying the first run models.

American Consumerism. Gotta love it. I tend to think that our culture is extremely rooted in fads, and having the 'best'. It's merely a competition of egos via posessions. The funny thing is--the credit card companies love it!

American Consumerism. Gotta love it. I tend to think that our culture is extremely rooted in fads, and having the 'best'. It's merely a competition of egos via posessions. The funny thing is--the credit card companies love it!

I agree totally, much of our culture is rooted in fads. I've never been one much for "keeping up with the Joneses" either, so I don't go in for the "best" or "latest" anything. If I can save a few bucks, I'm all for it. I don't have that many people over to my house, so no one has to know how behind the times I am. ;)

I agree that I like to wait until these things are out on the market for awhile. It always seems when something first comes out there are a lot of recalls or problems. I would rather wait for this reason alone and also for the price to drop once the hype has died down.

Well said, Furious George. I agree and think that a large part of it is driven by the need to get the "newest," "best," and "most expensive" anything just for an ego boost. I just laugh when something cheaper and equally good (or better) comes out...that's a great feeling, lol.

Werbung:
Actually, I think for gamers it's about the best gaming experience and that would mean having the newest, fastest steup with the best graphics and sound. I don't have that perspective but I can see why it would exist.

Back