Romney wins Michigan

Bunz

Well it appears said and done in Michigan and that Romney has won the state.

How much of this has to do with his Father being an ex-governor?

What are everyone's predictions for who will win the nomination and who thier potential VP would be?

Werbung:
Glad to see you finally figured out how to start your own threads. I think it will be either McCain or Guliani for the GOP and Hillary for the Dems. No idea about running mates.

Hey Jarhead, usually what happens is a type the TS out and the page wont load...usually to long, hence my short post here.

I was actually surprised to hear it was Romney, I have been pretty out of the loop lately, but the good news is that our 3 week long cold snap finally broke. After temps in the -30range up until Monday morning, it raised 50 degrees and is now +29 above...much more tolerable and convenient.

As for the politics issue, I think the GOP would be wise to have McCain be the nominee and have Guiliani as a likely VP. That isnt a horrible ticket considering the times the GOP find themselves in and might stand a chance against Hillary or Obama.

I would much rather have Obama than Hillary personally. Which will being me to another issue here. We changed our primary system now, so we moved up to Feb 5th, and I dont have a big problem with that, except we changed to a much more partisan caucas system which I am actually quite opposed to.

Well it appears said and done in Michigan and that Romney has won the state.

How much of this has to do with his Father being an ex-governor?

What are everyone's predictions for who will win the nomination and who thier potential VP would be?

Hi Bunz, -30, man, how do you take it?

Anyway, Romney was born and raised in Michigan, his father was a three-term governor. He announced his presidential candidacy in Mich. and spent considerably more money on advertising in the state.

All that adds up to a state he better of won, but it's no surprise. Personally, I don't like him, putting aside his views, he just seems phonier than someone like John McCain.

Hi Bunz, -30, man, how do you take it?
The last week of it, with having to deal with frozen vehicles and trying to keep the house warm without it costing a fortune, was slightly maddening. But today, with it right at 30 above, it is just about perfect. Not to cold for winter stuff, and the beer outside on the porch doesnt freeze that quickly.

Anyway, Romney was born and raised in Michigan, his father was a three-term governor. He announced his presidential candidacy in Mich. and spent considerably more money on advertising in the state.

All that adds up to a state he better of won, but it's no surprise. Personally, I don't like him, putting aside his views, he just seems phonier than someone like John McCain.
I dont disagree, but I think it quite obvious that local ties and amount of money spent means a guaranteed victory.

Anyone got thoughts on a McCain-Thompson ticket?

Hey Jarhead, usually what happens is a type the TS out and the page wont load...usually to long, hence my short post here.

That used to happen to me when I first came here but the problem seems to have gone away.

I was actually surprised to hear it was Romney, I have been pretty out of the loop lately, but the good news is that our 3 week long cold snap finally broke. After temps in the -30range up until Monday morning, it raised 50 degrees and is now +29 above...much more tolerable and convenient.

Popeye explained well why it's not that surprsing Romney took Michigan. He has so much money and such a large organization that he's going to do fairly well everywhere he goes. I still don't think he has much of a chance to win, however.

And Bunz, you don't voluntarily live in Alaska and get to complain about the cold.

As for the politics issue, I think the GOP would be wise to have McCain be the nominee and have Guiliani as a likely VP. That isnt a horrible ticket considering the times the GOP find themselves in and might stand a chance against Hillary or Obama.

Yeah, I agree. Both McCain and Guiliani could each individually take some very blue states like New Jersey for Rudy and California for McCain so together they have the potential to defeat Hillary.

Werbung:

Notice how the lib media was beating the drums for Guiliani, and then for michigan, McCain. Romney is in big trouble they said. That's because Guiliani is a liberal's idea of a republican, and to a lesser extent John (Illegal Alien) McCain. After Romney won, now the rant is "well of course he won, his dad was governor". Expect the lib media to continue this spinning all the way to the convention. Watch: if Romney doesn't win the next one, the mantra will be: "well, now he's really done for".

Back