*Sarah Palin* Every guy's kind of girl!!!

Ah well, my view of her has increased because of this. I can see she's not a wuss like some elected 'officials'. I can also see why the left hates her so... she rather cute.

Werbung:
Dang! I really stirred up a hornet's nest by daring to say that Sarah Palin was really no different from other politicians, didn't I?

Are her supporters really like the Obama supporters who swoon over their most favored candidate and think he is somehow above the rest of the political crowd?

Sure, FF, when a pol goes to the war zone, there are cameras all over the place. That's the same thing I said: It's a photo op. Why else would they go?

And, why wouldn't she wear a tee shirt? What did you expect, an evening gown in a war zone?

Yes, Andy, I can see you think she is kind of cute, just like Obama's supporters think he is kind of cute, and therefore should be president. The left doesn't hate her, at least I don't think they do. Maybe I'll ask the next leftist I meet whether he/she hates Palin. They don't agree with her politics particularly, but, no one expects them to.

And, NoObamanation, don't you really know who Voldemort is? He is the essence of evil in the Harry Potter novels. My sig line is a joke that isn't funny if it has to be explained. I don't think he has been to Iraq, but, then, he has magical powers, so maybe he has.:D

Dang! I really stirred up a hornet's nest by daring to say that Sarah Palin was really no different from other politicians, didn't I?

Are her supporters really like the Obama supporters who swoon over their most favored candidate and think he is somehow above the rest of the political crowd?

Sure, FF, when a pol goes to the war zone, there are cameras all over the place. That's the same thing I said: It's a photo op. Why else would they go?

And, why wouldn't she wear a tee shirt? What did you expect, an evening gown in a war zone?

Yes, Andy, I can see you think she is kind of cute, just like Obama's supporters think he is kind of cute, and therefore should be president. The left doesn't hate her, at least I don't think they do. Maybe I'll ask the next leftist I meet whether he/she hates Palin. They don't agree with her politics particularly, but, no one expects them to.

And, NoObamanation, don't you really know who Voldemort is? He is the essence of evil in the Harry Potter novels. My sig line is a joke that isn't funny if it has to be explained. I don't think he has been to Iraq, but, then, he has magical powers, so maybe he has.:D

I never saw harry potter :(

I rented the movie once, was bored out of my mind in the first 15 min.

I thought Voldermort was the last name of some third party guy :)

EVERY time a politician goes to a war zone to visit the troops, cameras are ALL OVER THE PLACE! It's been that way since the Civil War, and it's going to be that way until the end of time.

".

No when McCain goes there. Only Obama gets that kind of coverage...:D

No when McCain goes there. Only Obama gets that kind of coverage...:D

Don't you just love how the liberal press simply ignored McCain's trip to the Middle East?

Well, except for this:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=4459809

And this: http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=4459769

and this: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/16/iraq/main3941689.shtml

And the pictures I saw on CNN, you know, the liberal Clinton News Network, that never covers Republican candidates.

:D

Check out this video of Sarah Palin with our arm forces in Kuwait shooting a rifle!!
This was in 2007, she had no idea then of what was going to happen in September 2008...

This chick had the cojones to go to the middle east and hang out with our boyz, just like any other soldier... Unlike Obama who was pushed by McCain and his critics...:mad:

check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn7UzxXv8p4

I fail to see what you get out of slandering someone that Senator Hillary Clinton is so supportive of.

In fact not only has Senator Clinton been traveling all over the country speaking for Senator Obama but the news just broke that President Clinton will start his Obama for America tour at the end of this month.

Is it you only vote for women... I don't see the logic here if you really are a Democrat and know the total devastation 4 more years of Bush policy will bring. The women's issues that will be crushed.

The fact is it isn't about gender. The next president could be a freakin' cyborg and if it pursued Bush Republican policy it would be dangerous & wrong.

I believe you have mate, so allow me to explain.

Sarah Palin, as Governor of Alaska, is the Commanding Officer of the Alaska National Guard, when they're not under Title 10 Authorization (on Active Duty). She went to visit not only her constituants, but her troops, in order to make sure that they had everything that they needed in order to be able to accomplish their mission, and if they didn't, to use her Executive authority to make damned sure that they DID get it.

Every Governor that I'm aware of has made at least one trip to the war zone for the exact same reason, because it's their duty to do so, and as a Veteran, I'm sure that you're aware of what Duty means.

Hope that clears it up for you.

On the "political" side of the equation, please note that she went over as soon after she was elected Governor as possible, instead of waiting for a "convenient" time.

One other thing to note, listen to the audio where her instructor says "you're hitting pretty close to dead center". Ya just gotta love it when a Governor, and a Lady Governor at that (as the Commander of the National Guard), not only knows how to fire a weapon, but to do so EFFECTIVELY!!!

It looked like she was in an indoor range and shooting a rifle with a scope on it. No wonder she was near dead center, besides she has hunting experience. She already knows how to shoot a rifle. One thing though, I don't think a pig, even a pig with lipstick could do any better!

Maybe she should run for office in the NRA and not the U.S. government.

It looked like she was in an indoor range and shooting a rifle with a scope on it. No wonder she was near dead center, besides she has hunting experience. She already knows how to shoot a rifle. One thing though, I don't think a pig, even a pig with lipstick could do any better!

Maybe she should run for office in the NRA and not the U.S. government.

Oh stop it, you're just embarassed that she's more of a man than you'll ever live to be.

I thought democrats wanted to talk issues?

Not really. Well some, like PFOS do, but the rest just want to spread their lies, stir the s***pot, and try to score "gotcha" points, since they know that those are the only ones they're going to be getting until 2012!!:D

Hm... I didn't realize that. Why are we bringing it up now, then?

I didn't set out to slam Palin per se, but to simply point out that going into Iraq and posing for cameras is what politicians do in order to polish their images. Democrats do it, so do Republicans. It is not a partisan issue.

Statement: It is being brought up now because she is now nominated for VP in the Republican Party. Same reason the Dems are bringing up how "small" Wasilla AK is, that she was a runner-up in a beauty contest, and that she eats (Horror of horrors!) elk.

Now, SURE you set out to slam Palin, per se! But again, I guess that would depend on what your definition of "set out" and "slam" is....

And lo! and behold! I'm from Michigan, and MY Gov. (Granholm) has been to Iraq, too! I guess she was just grooming herself for her upcoming assignment to "practice" for 4 days with Sen. Biden for his upcoming debate with Gov. Palin.

I'm no supporter of Granholm, not in the least. She's totally creamed our state, and I shudder to think of her 2006 promise "Give me 4 more years! You'll be blown away!" Yep, we are.

All elected officials will do certain expected things when in office. And one of them happens to be (for Governors) showing support for our men and women who are serving in Iraq. For the most part anyway. And when they're somewhere, yep! Somebody will most likely take pictures!

Werbung:
Don't you just love how the liberal press simply ignored McCain's trip to the Middle East?

Well, except for this:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=4459809

And this: http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=4459769

and this: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/03/16/iraq/main3941689.shtml

And the pictures I saw on CNN, you know, the liberal Clinton News Network, that never covers Republican candidates.

:D

Facts from International Herald Tribune (NY Times):

Senator John McCain's trip to Iraq last spring was a low-key affair: With his ordinary retinue of reporters following him abroad, the NBC News anchor Brian Williams reported on his arrival in Baghdad from New York, with just two sentences tacked onto the "in other political news" portion of his newscast.

But when Obama heads for Iraq and other locations overseas this summer, Williams is planning to catch up with him in person, as are the other two evening news anchors, Charles Gibson of ABC and Katie Couric of CBS, who, like Williams, are far along in discussions to interview Obama on successive nights.

And while the anchors are jockeying for interviews with Obama at stops along his route, the regulars on the Obama campaign plane will have new seat mates: star political reporters from the major newspapers and magazines who are flocking to catch Obama's first overseas trip since becoming the presumptive nominee of his party.

The extraordinary coverage of Obama's trip reflects how the candidate remains an object of fascination in the news media...

And the clincher from the same article:

The imbalance has appeared in various analyses of the news coverage. The Tyndall Report, a news coverage monitoring service that has the broadcast networks as clients, reports that three newscasts by the traditional networks — which have a combined audience of more than 20 million people — spent 114 minutes covering Obama since June; they spent 48 minutes covering McCain.

As for the heavy coverage planned for Obama's upcoming trip, news executives said in interviews that, once again, the Democratic candidate was potentially benefiting from being a newer, untested politician. To that end, his first visit overseas since becoming the party's presumptive nominee would be an opportunity for voters to see how Obama handles one of their major concerns: his ability to handle national security matters and foreign affairs.

The justification seems to be that it's because he's an African American, he's young, and he's new to the scene. Aren't those some of the things Sen. Obama said the Republicans were trying to use as scare tactics? My, my!

Back