Sen. Stevens(R-AK) Indicted!

I'm aware of what an indictment is, but Senate rules allow the expulsion of members on the basis of considerably less than conviction.

Even the merest suggestion of impropriety posed by an indictment should result in expulsion.

I doubt they will expel him, since 2/3rds of the Senate would have be expelled.

Werbung:
If he can get an early trial and then force it through to an aquittal then he saves the election for himself. If he is granted an early trial with a verdict before the election then it will demonstrate that the courts are in his pocket. A good prosecutor would never allow all evidence to be collected and be proceeded upon before the 90 odd days remaining.

Too many charges which most likely aren't all just invented to destroy his reputation.

See look at this! The is how liberals think. USHadITcoming, says "..then force it through to an acquittal" and "... it will demonstrate that the courts are in his pocket"

Oooo.. what if he doesn't have to 'force' through an acquittal? What if... he actually is innocent?

He has already assigned himself the judge and assumed his guilt before knowing any of the evidence, or hearing a single witness. Judge USHadITcoming has already passed down the guilty verdict without knowing anything first hand. Even states that if he is acquitted, then it just means he owns the courts.

You know USHadITcoming, maybe you shouldn't post when you are so "angry". :D

In fact, if you assume that these politicians are all dirty (something that is a pretty good bet), then why do you want them in charge of more of your life? Why do you want them in our economy and markets?

If you assume they are guilty to start with, why do you want them controlling your insurance? How do you know they'll be pure and angelic when controlling your premiums and pay-outs of insurance? They'd never rip off customers with totaled cars, repaired and sold to family and friends at a huge profit, right? :rolleyes:

For mainly political reasons, Sen. Stevens and his fellow legislators have spent the last forty years stacking the deck in favor of the prosecution in criminal proceedings. His best bet is delay, delay, delay.

I don't think any reasonable person can look at the volumes of hard written evidence as well as the now cooperating & involved eye witnesses and not know Republican Stevens is going down.

It will go down like this. Stevens will try to get a speedy trial to wish & pray that some procedural thing could disqualify some evidence. If he could get a new trial after the election or plead out to some seemingly minor charge he probably feels he could still have some chance in the upcoming election.

Not gonna happen! The government has been working on this case for years. They knew they had to have it all before they filed. They do.

See look at this! The is how liberals think. USHadITcoming, says "..then force it through to an acquittal" and "... it will demonstrate that the courts are in his pocket"

Oooo.. what if he doesn't have to 'force' through an acquittal? What if... he actually is innocent?

He has already assigned himself the judge and assumed his guilt before knowing any of the evidence, or hearing a single witness. Judge USHadITcoming has already passed down the guilty verdict without knowing anything first hand. Even states that if he is acquitted, then it just means he owns the courts.

You know USHadITcoming, maybe you shouldn't post when you are so "angry". :D

In fact, if you assume that these politicians are all dirty (something that is a pretty good bet), then why do you want them in charge of more of your life? Why do you want them in our economy and markets?

If you assume they are guilty to start with, why do you want them controlling your insurance? How do you know they'll be pure and angelic when controlling your premiums and pay-outs of insurance? They'd never rip off customers with totaled cars, repaired and sold to family and friends at a huge profit, right? :rolleyes:

You're totallly on the wrong track with your comments Andy. I am suspicious of the court being in his pocket because of their accepting to speed up the trial for political purposes. With all these charges that smells bad right from the start. What should be happening is people should be considering whether or not the charges are legitimate or not and deciding on that basis. You are in essence trying to suggest that the law has trumped up charges against him.

Expediting a trial for purely political purposes is demonstrating an unfairness in the system right from the start.

Expediting a trial for purely political purposes is demonstrating an unfairness in the system right from the start.

I can just as easily argue that the timing of the indictment simply to end his political career shows unfairness right from the start as well.

I can just as easily argue that the timing of the indictment simply to end his political career shows unfairness right from the start as well.

Except for that little fact that's it's a Republican Justice department that's actually prosecuting Stevens.

But I guess when there needs to be a "reason"...
:)

Werbung:
Except for that little fact that's it's a Republican Justice department that's actually prosecuting Stevens.

But I guess when there needs to be a "reason"...
:)

There are democrats working in the Justice department, but OK. The idea that he controls the courts unfounded.

Back