Should America Withdraw Itself from the U.N.?

Should America Withdraw Itself from the U.N.?

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Werbung:
America tells other countries what to do when their actions affect us or our allies. The U.N. is more of an international government body.

America tells other countries what to do when their actions affect us or our allies. The U.N. is more of an international government body.

The U.N. only tells other countries what to do when their actions affect its member nations.

If you don't like the UN because it tells you what to do, stop telling the rest of the world what to do.

I voted yes because the U.S. is being taken advantage of through the U.N.. The U.S. pays through the nose to keep the U.N. functioning, but gains little to nothing from the transaction. It is a symbiotic relationship.

I said no because despite its faults the UN is still the only place we have as nations to gather to discuss issues that affect the globe. That isn't to say that reform and changes don't need to be made (quite the contrary) but to those who would withdraw or shut it down I ask: what is your alternative?

I voted yes because the U.S. is being taken advantage of through the U.N.. The U.S. pays through the nose to keep the U.N. functioning, but gains little to nothing from the transaction. It is a symbiotic relationship.

You know, its ironic that you should bring this up. Just the other day I was reading a report about how for every dollar California sends to the federal government in tax money, the state receives back about 75 cents in federal aid, programs, etc. If California split itself off from the United States tomorrow it'd have the seventh largest economy in the world.

Perhaps they should secede. Economically speaking it'd be the best course of action.

Werbung:
You know, its ironic that you should bring this up. Just the other day I was reading a report about how for every dollar California sends to the federal government in tax money, the state receives back about 75 cents in federal aid, programs, etc. If California split itself off from the United States tomorrow it'd have the seventh largest economy in the world.

Perhaps they should secede. Economically speaking it'd be the best course of action.

But California recieves benefits for that money too. Because of its huge population California recieves more of a say than any other state on how that money is spent. At least they are seeing a 75% return in their investment. I fail to see any return on America's investment into the UN.

Back