Should government regalate insurance companies to include flood coverage?

steveox

I think they should. Floods arent covered with homeowners insurance. I think theyre should be maxium type insurance should include floods. Like for example You buy Hurricane insurance that includes floods. You buy Homeowners that include floods. But if you buy Homeowners and if its an Hurricane youre not covered. You Buy Earthquake coverage and flood happens your coverved. Again But if you buy homeowners and an earthquake happends your not covered.You Buy Tornado coverage and flood happens your coverved. Again But if you buy homeowners and an tornado happends your not covered.So Earthquake,Hurricane and Tornado Coverage are very expensive but its with it.It depends where you live and what kind of maxium protection you want and when you buy maxium protection floods should be included. This is what i want the government to regalate.

Werbung:
Floods should be included in total package but theyre not. Like if you have basic homeowners and somehow it rains for 10 straght days and you have a flood youre not covered.

No offense, but I don't want the government involved in the insurance industry, let alone the education, healthcare or media industries.

Let the free market work. If people don't like the fact that insurance companies won't offer flood insurance as part of their policies, they can demand it OR find another company that will provide it.

I hate the government.

People need to be able to insure what they want within fair reason, and they must be sold it fairly.

People who decide to plop down all they hold dear in a flood plain deserve what they get and shouldn't expect that the inevetable loss of their possessions should be covered by others. The same holds true for people who decide to live on earthquake faults, or places where wildfire is a natural element in the environment.

If they want to take the chance of living in such places, then by all means they have that right but they do not have the right to expect for someone else to come to their rescue when the inevetable happens.

Floods should be included in total package but theyre not. Like if you have basic homeowners and somehow it rains for 10 straght days and you have a flood youre not covered.

that is only true if you are living in a flood plain. Before you purchase a property, you are provided with an assessment that identifies25, 50, and 100 year floods. If you are outside of the 100 year flood plain, you are insured for flood but if you live in a flood plain, you have no right to expect to be covered since you clearly live in a place that gets flooded.

Gov

Should government regalate insurance companies to include flood coverage?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think they should. Floods arent covered with homeowners insurance.
Homeowners insurance does not include flood insurance. If you want flood insurance the government does offer it. Why should all people have to pay for a coverage that does not apply to them? I live on top of a hill.

People who decide to plop down all they hold dear in a flood plain deserve what they get and shouldn't expect that the inevetable loss of their possessions should be covered by others. The same holds true for people who decide to live on earthquake faults, or places where wildfire is a natural element in the environment.

If they want to take the chance of living in such places, then by all means they have that right but they do not have the right to expect for someone else to come to their rescue when the inevetable happens.

Bingo.

If you don't want to get flooded, stop overdevelopment of the coasts. (That means you, New Orleans).

I refuse to pay for someone else's bad life choices.

Then, sue the developers? Or the city that zoned it?

I live in an area that floods every year, it's just a matter of how much. The question is, why do developers even build in a floodplain and why do the cities and counties allow it? It couldn't be greed now could it? By the way insurance companies around year do supply flood insurance, but at exorbitant prices.

I live in an area that floods every year, it's just a matter of how much. The question is, why do developers even build in a floodplain and why do the cities and counties allow it?

Because people like you are willing to live there (i.e. there's a market for it). The real question is would you want to live there?

I think more importantly than who provides the coverage and how much it costs. The government and insurance companies need to pay out faster and with much less hassle than it already comes with. This comes in the forms of all insurance procedures. It takes way to long and to much hassle to get paid out for the premiums we pay into.

I think they should. Floods arent covered with homeowners insurance. I think theyre should be maxium type insurance should include floods. Like for example You buy Hurricane insurance that includes floods. You buy Homeowners that include floods. But if you buy Homeowners and if its an Hurricane youre not covered. You Buy Earthquake coverage and flood happens your coverved. Again But if you buy homeowners and an earthquake happends your not covered.You Buy Tornado coverage and flood happens your coverved. Again But if you buy homeowners and an tornado happends your not covered.So Earthquake,Hurricane and Tornado Coverage are very expensive but its with it.It depends where you live and what kind of maxium protection you want and when you buy maxium protection floods should be included. This is what i want the government to regalate.

No,the government needs to leave companies alone and let market forces work by themselves.

Werbung:
Get the Guv out of all forms of insurance.
FEMA is a disaster and should be dissolved immediately.
If you live in a flood zone, that is your choice. No one put a gun to the heads of New Orlenians and made them live 5' below sea level. If you live in a flood zone, either buy the insurance, take your chances or move.
No need for the Guv to get involved.

Back