Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

A university (Latin: universitas, "a whole") is an institution of higher (or tertiary) education and research which awards academic degrees in various academic disciplines. Universities typically provide undergraduate education and postgraduate education.

The word "university" is derived from the Latin universitas magistrorum et scholarium, which roughly means "community of teachers and scholars."[1] While antecedents had existed in Asia and Africa,[2][3] the modern university system has roots in the European medieval university, which was created in Italy and evolved from Christian Cathedral schools for the clergy during the High Middle Ages

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University

Werbung:
A college (Latin: collegium) is an educational institution or a constituent part of one. A college may be a degree-awarding tertiary educational institution, a part of a collegiate or federal university, or an institution offering vocational education.

In ancient Rome a collegium was a club or society, a group of people living together under a common set of rules (con- = "together" + leg- = "law" or lego = "I choose" or "I read").

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College

Like a monastery...

In most religions the life inside monasteries is governed by community rules that stipulate the gender of the inhabitants ..... The degree to which life inside a particular monastery is socially separate from the surrounding populace can also vary widely; some religious traditions mandate isolation for purposes of contemplation removed from the everyday world, in which case members of the monastic community may spend most of their time isolated even from each other..... depending both on the traditions involved and the local weather, people may be part of a monastic community for periods ranging from a few days at a time to almost an entire lifetime...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monastery

Christ Handing the Keys to St. Peter by Pietro Perugino (1481-82) Fresco, 335 x 550 cm Cappella Sistina, Vatican.

800px-Gesupietrochiave.jpg

1 Corinthians 11:14 "Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?"

But Peter in reply says, 'But sir, I have not long hair.'

Did (J)esus reply, 'Well, then why don't you grow it out'?

If long hair is 'holy' enough for The Lord, shouldn't His followers all aspire to have long hair, also?

I would assume that The Apostle Paul would also have had long hair...

1 Corinthians 11:1 "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ."

3402. mimétés
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
follower.
From mimeomai; an imitator -- follower.

Matthew 5:17

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

The Jews and Pharisees reply, 'Well, sorry. But our law says, no long hair on men, please'...

The false (J)esus said, 'Am I being condemned for doing a 'good' work'?
The Jews and Pharisees reply, 'Sorry, sir. We don't want our young male children growing up thinking long hair on men is 'holiness unto The LORD'. bye.'

Last edited:
The artists go to the false (J)esus and says, 'Do you not know that what they said offended the artists and their instructors'.

And so the artists dragged the Jews and Pharisees and with one voice cried 'Great is the artists of the World! Great is the artists of The World. The Artists which came down to us from Heaven'!!!

As they were being taken away by the guards, one of the guards asked them, 'Tell me.. Are you a Jew or a Pharisee by birth? I purchased my Jewish Pharisee citizenship for a hefty price."

And the Jews and Pharisees replied, 'No we did not purchase our citizenship as Jews or Pharisees but by birth are we Jews and Pharisees'.

Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions?

https://www.google.ca/search?source....64.psy-ab..0.10.1037...0i131k1.0.nCgTyqsYAOA

Fraud is a broad term that refers to a variety of offenses involving dishonesty or "fraudulent acts". In essence, fraud is the intentional deception of a person or entity by another made for monetary or personal gain. Fraud offenses always include some sort of false statement, misrepresentation, or deceitful conduct.

Most governments and countries have fraud laws of some kinds. They generally interfere with religious fraudsters only when physical harm is being done to our gullible citizens yet ignore the monetary theft that the fraudsters fleece from their victims. Prosperity ministries are the most flagrant of these immoral religions, but all religions based on demonstrable lies would be included in this question.

Our governments are quite good at acting against obvious fraudsters yet seem reluctant to protect our more gullible citizens when it comes down to religions.

Religions, to me, get a free pass to lie and steal all they can from victims, especially the older citizens even when governments know about the fraud.

I begin to see the inaction of governments on these religious fraudsters as a dereliction of duty.

Do you?

Regards
DL

All religions would be shut down then.

Not the role of government to determine what religion is less or more BS. That violates the establishment clause.

The federal government is the arbiter for what is considered a religious organization for tax exempt purposes. The following link is a guide for what is required to be considered a tax exempt church or placed of worship. It is impossible to have such rules without the government being involved in dictating doctrine or forms of worship. I don't like it.

• Religious history
  • Defined places of worship
  • Regular congregations and religious services
  • Distinct legal existence
  • An ecclesiastical government with rules, doctrines and a creed

I just do not understand why we need tax exempt status so like minded people can congregate. It is something the government does not need to be involved in. So end it.

It is wrong for our society to place a special value on this activity.

The federal government is the arbiter for what is considered a religious organization for tax exempt purposes. The following link is a guide for what is required to be considered a tax exempt church or placed of worship. It is impossible to have such rules without the government being involved in dictating doctrine or forms of worship. I don't like it.

I just do not understand why we need tax exempt status so like minded people can congregate. It is something the government does not need to be involved in. So end it.

It is wrong for our society to place a special value on this activity.
I hate that atheists are so silent on the fact that they and the general public have to make up the tax revenues immorally given to religions.

We do not exempt theatres for their entertainment and lies, why should we exempt churches that only provide us with fictions and lies.

Regards
DL

Perhaps none of them should have tax free status. It's an invitation to abuse.
Every religion is fraudulent and every one is run by fraudulent charlatans calling themselves gods representative.

There is no evidence any god ever existed on earth regardless what the
Godbotherers think.
Evangelism flourishes in usa because the majority of people are low is in that respect.
They give money to con men because the are frightened of death and believe in supernatural beings.

The sad part is politicians use it to con people to vote for them. Republicans love declaring how they love god and the money and votes follow.

Boris hates religion to the point he thinks all churches should be burned down.
Ye joe Biden and Pelosi both claim to be Christians catholic if I recall right. Guess thats ok in his book and only republicans are bad

Ye joe Biden and Pelosi both claim to be Christians catholic if I recall right. Guess thats ok in his book and only republicans are bad
You can correct me if I'm wrong, but, after having read Boris's post, I think he is an atheist. Biden and Pelosi are not. What does it really matter, though? Atheism is more than lack of belief, but a positive belief in a negative, that there is no god.
Come to think of it, if a positive belief in a god equates to exemption from taxes, why wouldn't a positive belief in a negative?

Boris ignores that 65% of democrat voters claim to be Christians. 83% of blacks and 76% of Hispanics say they are Christians.

78% of democrats in congress claim to be Christian. That proves how totally ignorant he is. He thinks that only republicans are what he calls "Godbotherers"....

Mayor Pete Godbotherer!!!!!!

Buttigieg is a Christian,[290][291] and he has said his faith has had a strong influence in his life.[242][292][153] He was baptized in the Catholic Church as an infant and he attended Catholic schools.[291] While at the University of Oxford, Buttigieg began to attend Christ Church Cathedral and said he felt "more-or-less Anglican" by the time he returned to South Bend.[291] St. Augustine, James Martin, and Garry Wills are among his religious influences.[292] A member of the Episcopal Church, Buttigieg is a congregant at the Cathedral of St. James in downtown South Bend.[242]

Werbung:
Boris ignores that 65% of democrat voters claim to be Christians. 83% of blacks and 76% of Hispanics say they are Christians.

78% of democrats in congress claim to be Christian. That proves how totally ignorant he is. He thinks that only republicans are what he calls "Godbotherers"....

In fact neither of you know exactly what I think.
There is no doubt I am non religious but never have I quoted those statistics.

But since you started it. Can you name me politicians in Congress who openly state they are atheists.

Back