Should the US introduce the first national Blue Laws?

steveox

I think so. I think the old Blue Laws should be nationwide. Which means No stores,Restaurants And Bars should be open on sundays. The only business would be allowed to be open on sundays are Gas Stations,Amusement Parks and Movie Theaters. I would like this idea. What yall think?

Werbung:
Whats wrong with my idea? I think were a christain catholic nation. Remember one of the 10 commandments are. Keep the sabbath day in holy.

I think so. I think the old Blue Laws should be nationwide. Which means No stores,Restaurants And Bars should be open on sundays. The only business would be allowed to be open on sundays are Gas Stations,Amusement Parks and Movie Theaters. I would like this idea. What yall think?

Na...I think the whorehouses should be open on Sunday or you're going to find yourself with a bad case of blue law blue balls:eek:

Damn,,Did anyone remember those good old days of the 1950s? Stores didnt open on sundays and nether did bars in some southern states. And very few northern states had em like Maryland did. Cause i remember you couldnt buy groceries on sundays. And you couldnt buy booze at a local liquir store. The only way you could drink beer on sunday was at an orioles game or an colts game. And thats the way it should be!

You can add me to the group of people rolling on the floor laughing.

People who aren't religious, especially in the 'land of the free', should not be under any religious restrictions controlling their personal or business actions.

A sunday, to me, should just be another day of the week. However, its not, its a day where I can't go down to half the shops and get what I want and theres nothing to do. It makes the whole thing a rather depressing day before going back to work.

I don't see how stores not opening and bars being closed and not being able to buy booze or groceries is at all a good thing. I don't want to be held down by your oppressive religious ways.

If you feel so strongly about the Sabbath, don't buy from any of these shops. However, its nobody business if I do, or if those business choose to sell on that day, because its just another day of the week.

Sub,, You can go to a ballgame or to a movie.Why not go to the beach or go camping or to a cookout with a bunch of friends and drink beer.Its a day of rest not a workday.And in the bible it says youre going to hell if you work on the sabbath day.

I might not want it to be a day of rest though. What if I was a poor shopkeeper who gets a lot of money on a sunday? I'll go to the beach any day I want, or camping whenever I want. I'll drink beer all day every day if I want. I'm not religious, I shouldn't have to suffer lack of choice on a sunday or not be able to buy my groceries.

Luckily England is changing its ways and most shops highstreet shops are open, even if nothing else is.

Incidentally, I watch 'soccer', and any decent game is on a saturday in the UK, unless I want to go and watch shoddy 'Sunday League' which consists of 35 year old overweight men or lanky 18 year olds playing on the local recreation ground.

Hey Steveox, Don't shove your religious beliefs on everyone else.

Tell you what, I think smoking pot on Sunday is great, so I think there should be a law that forces everyone to smoke weed on Sunday.... That would make just as much sense as your law.

If YOU don't want to go out to eat on Sunday, then don't. But don't tell me that I need to live by YOUR religious beliefs.

And

Sub,, You can go to a ballgame or to a movie.Why not go to the beach or go camping or to a cookout with a bunch of friends and drink beer.Its a day of rest not a workday.And in the bible it says youre going to hell if you work on the sabbath day.

I am glad you enjoy reading your work of fiction.

I have two children that go to catholic school. I am married to a catholic. I have no problem with religion and there are some worthwhile lessons to be gleaned from the parables of the bible. BUT, when people don't think their religious beliefs can hold their own without trying to force them down other peoples throats, it just shows how small minded and insecure they are.

But its the right thing to do. Cause the bible says if you work on the sabbath day you go straght to hell. The only reason you wont go to hell is because your employer will fire you if you dont come to work on sundays. But i like the blue laws so no one can work on sundays.I think All Stores,Restaurants And Bars should be closed on sundays.

Werbung:
You just don't get it

But its the right thing to do. Cause the bible says if you work on the sabbath day you go straght to hell. The only reason you wont go to hell is because your employer will fire you if you dont come to work on sundays. But i like the blue laws so no one can work on sundays.I think All Stores,Restaurants And Bars should be closed on sundays.

The bible is what YOU believe in. What you are really saying is that you don't want to live in a free country. You really want to live in a christian theocracy. And if people don't believe as you do, then they are damned to hell. This is the same rhetoric as the Islamic terrorists, just replace Bible with Koran.

I don't believe in the bible. So why should I not be able to go out to eat on Sunday?

Like I said, if it is against your religion...don't. But what gives you the right to force your religious beliefs on others? That is one of the fundamental freedoms of this country.

Back