Should we offer a "Path to Citizenship" to illegal aliens already here?

I see, so if you don't belive in racial profiling. then your for a red carpet....

Straw man, meet Coach...wait you seem to know each other well

Your just assuming that in order for this law to work it must require racial profiling. I'm just using your logic......apparently if your in favor of taking action against illegal immigration....your a evil racist. You don't seem to like it when others use your frame of thought.

Werbung:
Your just assuming that in order for this law to work it must require racial profiling. I'm just using your logic......apparently if your in favor of taking action against illegal immigration....your a evil racist. You don't seem to like it when others use your frame of thought.

I have no issue with wanting to stop illegal immigration...however saying cops should check anyone who is "suspicious...read Hispanic looking) for legal citizenship, while same person would never be check if they where white...its RACISM...and Profiling.....and Wrong.....

I have no issue with wanting to stop illegal immigration...however saying cops should check anyone who is "suspicious...read Hispanic looking) for legal citizenship, while same person would never be check if they where white...its RACISM...and Profiling.....and Wrong.....

Again your assuming that cops are gonna see a Hispanic and pull him over just for being Hispanic. As I have said before is it perfect? No. But we don't live in a perfect world. You seem to pretend that racism only happens to people that aren't white! Does more need to be done? Yes. This however is an great start and needs to be coupled with fines for business owners that hire illegals, much tighter border security, and deportation. No more of this catch and release like here in NC. We could also stand to look at this bogus notion of "anchor babies" as many illegals come here to have babies. This is completely erroneous and a complete misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment.

Again your assuming that cops are gonna see a Hispanic and pull him over just for being Hispanic. As I have said before is it perfect? No. But we don't live in a perfect world. You seem to pretend that racism only happens to people that aren't white! Does more need to be done? Yes. This however is an great start and needs to be coupled with fines for business owners that hire illegals, much tighter border security, and deportation. No more of this catch and release like here in NC. We could also stand to look at this bogus notion of "anchor babies" as many illegals come here to have babies. This is completely erroneous and a complete misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment.

No I am saying this racism will not happen to people who are white...and I am not assuming...I am 100% sure it will happen...and does happen...welcome to the real world buddy.

Also your minor in Pol sci...qualifies you over all the lawyers and judged to disgree one the 14th I am sure...you seem very qualified....:rolleyes:

No I am saying this racism will not happen to people who are white...and I am not assuming...I am 100% sure it will happen...and does happen...welcome to the real world buddy.

Also your minor in Pol sci...qualifies you over all the lawyers and judged to disgree one the 14th I am sure...you seem very qualified....:rolleyes:

That particular racism won't happen to people who are white. OK, that's most likely so. Still, doesn't anyone who is stopped for a traffic infraction have to provide ID in the form of a driver's license? Isn't it still against the law for illegals to get one?

Pull someone over for (insert infraction here), ask for license and registration. No license, haul the driver in and impound the vehicle. If he turns out to be an illegal, deport him.

What's wrong with that?

And what would be wrong with asking anyone who applies for a job or applies for some social service to provide proof of legal residence, regardless of what they look like and what language they speak?

That is quite the imaginative scenario. If you are legal, you will have a D.L., insurance card, and registration. You also have to give reasonable cause for them to ask for proof of citizenship. Like if you don't speak English at all, the tags on the car are for another vehicle, you have 7 people crammed into a 5 passenger vehicle(and nobody in the vehicle speaks English.) As far as the shot at Tea Party people how clever, but I would like to compare the number of people harmed/killed by a tea party member or abortion protester, as compared to how many people have been harmed/killed by PETA or environmentalist wack jobs.

A) It doesn't take imagination to know that I myself often run out of the house without anything but my car keys and to also presume that 100% legal Americans with Latino features probably do the same.

B) As for the real crazies on the Lunatic Right... if I only had the space...

A) It doesn't take imagination to know that I myself often run out of the house without anything but my car keys and to also presume that 100% legal Americans with Latino features probably do the same.

B) As for the real crazies on the Lunatic Right... if I only had the space...

Well despite this law or not......you might wanna think about keeping the D.L. and wallet by the door. You don't have your D.L. your violating the rules. I notice that your avoiding the other part of question......environmental wackos, PETA, and liberal extremist. As far as your video clips go......The first one about the abortion Dr.......I'm not sure if your aware of this but I know or Democrats, and have Democrat friends that are adamantly against abortion. So I guess I could say in another post.....crazy democrat kills abortion Dr.

2nd video.......
http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=33105 ....... crazies on both sides

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/11/elf.indictments/index.html

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/04/washington.towers.terrorism/#cnnSTCVideo

3rd and 4th videos
I guess you forget about groups like Weather Underground.

Liberals that burn down Hummer dealerships. http://www.hummerguy.net/hummer-news/extreme-hummer-hate-ignites-fear-in-denver

It was Obama-loving Amy Bishop who took a gun to work and murdered co-workers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_University_of_Alabama_in_Huntsville_shooting

It was a liberal who was sentenced to two years for bringing bombs and riot shields to the Republican National Convention in 2008. http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS248104+14-May-2009+PRN20090514

I could keep going but I think I made my point. If not I have more I could post.

Well despite this law or not......you might wanna think about keeping the D.L. and wallet by the door. You don't have your D.L. your violating the rules. I notice that your avoiding the other part of question......environmental wackos, PETA, and liberal extremist. As far as your video clips go......The first one about the abortion Dr.......I'm not sure if your aware of this but I know or Democrats, and have Democrat friends that are adamantly against abortion. So I guess I could say in another post.....crazy democrat kills abortion Dr.

It was Obama-loving Amy Bishop who took a gun to work and murdered co-workers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_University_of_Alabama_in_Huntsville_shooting

It was a liberal who was sentenced to two years for bringing bombs and riot shields to the Republican National Convention in 2008. http://www.reuters.com/article/idUS248104+14-May-2009+PRN20090514

I could keep going but I think I made my point. If not I have more I could post.

Tap dancing around the fact that the Arizona law does treat Latino American citizens differently & unfairly doesn't alter that fact. (That whole equal but separate) thing was proven unfair policy long long ago.)

And yes there are some Anti-Choice Democrats. But they aren't the one's blowing up women's clinics nor the one that murdered Dr. Tiller. He was 100% documented Right Wing.

And those environmental wackos like the one's that kept screaming Caribou Barbie and her high expertise pushing DRILL BABY DRILL was an environmental disaster just around the corner look pretty damn good right about now.

And yes there have always been and will always be war protesters and the majority of those will most likely be Democrats.

And yes again, once in awhile in very isolated cases a person with mental illness will go off... Liberal, Conservative whatever.

But that's not we are talking about. We are talking about these two organized Right Wing groups with a relatively high domestic terrorist bend... women's clinic protesters and Teabaggers.

Truthfully the only thing good out these Right Wing lunatics being so public is best described by something President Lincoln said...

What kills a skunk is the publicity it gives itself.
Abraham Lincoln

I like how you dismiss the groups that were pointed out. Isolated, I think not.....in fact it is much easier to prove their attacks than it is the attacks that are tagged to Tea Party people. This isn't the subject at hand though......we are talking immigration. You can portray this anyway you like, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a solid first step in fighting illegal immigration. My advice to you and anyone else that is legal......Remember your D.L., and obey the laws. If you are legal it is easy to prove, no need for they take em downtown scenario. Lets not operate in what if speculation. The illegal population is wreaking havoc on our social programs, schools, and taking jobs. They have no rights here because they aren't American.

FYI......just because a youtube person tags something as crazy tea party person, or teabaggers as the real perverts like to call them, doesn't mean that it is a tea party supporter. Just like when NBC or anyone else tags them, because they might share some beliefs with tea party people doesn't mean they are a member. They have conducted themselves well in public, and despite the lies of even some politicians (i was spit at and called the N word which miraculously only he and his staffers heard.) they are a strong and growing group that many Americans are supporting....Rep, Dems and Indy's.

I guess I'm not exactly shocked that you tend to support the domestic terrorist groups of which we have spoken.

See that's the glaring difference between people like you and people like me. I'm against any violence or threat of violence that any group causes. Doesn't matter to me be they Right, Left or Center. You won't see me sticking up for any dangerous Left Wing group. If they commit or threaten violence then they lose me. Simple as that.

When one promotes or attempts to downplay these groups of violence as you appear to do then President Lincoln's words once again come to mind...

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.
Abraham Lincoln

On immigration reform I'm actually for it. But in a fair and sensible way.

First implement a national ID card to EVERYBODY (basically every American citizen would be issued one of our new microchip embedded passports). There would of course be a screening process to receive this new ID.

Then create stiff fines starting at $25,000 and going to $100,000 per person per incident for any US employer hiring an illegal immigrant.

Then amend the Constitution to say that for newborns to be automatically declared US citizens at least one of it's parents must be an American citizen themselves.

Create an amnesty program for the current immigrant families with children and streamline the legal immigration policy from it's current 5 to 10 years.

So, now we're down to arguing over whether the right wing nutter groups are crazier than the left wing nutter groups.

Which has what, exactly, to do with amnesty?

Nutters are nutters, and illegals are illegals. The one we have, domestic born and bred for the most part, and can't do much about them. The other we have, and could do something about them, but first we have to make some changes in our government. So far, neither of the two major parties has shown the slightest inclination to address the problem in any practical and workable way.

Oh, yes, and illegal alien is not an ethnic group, nor is it a race.

So, now we're down to arguing over whether the right wing nutter groups are crazier than the left wing nutter groups.

Which has what, exactly, to do with amnesty?

Nutters are nutters, and illegals are illegals. The one we have, domestic born and bred for the most part, and can't do much about them. The other we have, and could do something about them, but first we have to make some changes in our government. So far, neither of the two major parties has shown the slightest inclination to address the problem in any practical and workable way.

Oh, yes, and illegal alien is not an ethnic group, nor is it a race.

I agree with you. As i said in the first of my previous two posts this isn't the debate at hand. Amnesty is the topic. My point was simply that there are crazies on both sides yes, and that nothing as been able to proven to be done by the tea party people (as in something that the group supports). I know that there are people that want to protect the enviroment, but that they wouldn't support the radical groups. Which brings me to my point that just because people may have done stuff at the these gatherings doesn't mean that the overall majority of that group subscribes to those thoughts. So to use that broad brush to paint them all as ignorant racists is wrong.

I agree with you. As i said in the first of my previous two posts this isn't the debate at hand. Amnesty is the topic. My point was simply that there are crazies on both sides yes, and that nothing as been able to proven to be done by the tea party people (as in something that the group supports). I know that there are people that want to protect the enviroment, but that they wouldn't support the radical groups. Which brings me to my point that just because people may have done stuff at the these gatherings doesn't mean that the overall majority of that group subscribes to those thoughts. So to use that broad brush to paint them all as ignorant racists is wrong.

Yes, taking any extremist nutter group and trying to pretend that they represent a general population is just silly generalizing, whether the example is a racist remark at a tea party gathering, or an act of eco terrorism. Both simply represent crazy extremists, not either "wing" or either party, or anything else. Nutters are just nutters.

Werbung:
Mind if I change the subject? To something completely different?

There are stories coming out, that Congress is considering bills that offer a "Path to Citizenship" (a.k.a. "amnesty") to the illegal aliens who are already here, and let them stay in the country to work until they get it. Left unsaid, is the fact that millions more foreigners have applied for visas, followed the rules, and are also hoping for citizenship... but remain outside the country. Such a bill was also proposed years go, in 2005/6.

Is it a good idea to do this?

Keep in mind the one thing the illegal aliens have in common. Whether they are Mexican citizens who walked across the border, Norwegian college students who overstayed their visa, Russian sailors who shinnied down the anchor chain in New York, or Saudis who took a little vacation from the diplomatic mission, they are all people who have shown a disdain for American law, and have demonstrated that they are happy to break it.

This is who you want to keep in this country and make American citizens? While keeping out the people who respected U.S. law, obeyed it, and followed the rules?

A refreshing change of pace, isn it not?

Back