Steven Spielberg’s epic movie Lincoln

Gipper

Enjoy the movie, but I hope you will realize it is entirely fiction.

In reality, Dishonest Abe was a tyrant and a fool. He also was an unabashed racist even for his time.

With Lincoln, of course Abraham Lincoln was president during the American Civil War, Mary Todd Lincoln was the first lady, they had sons, etc. All the supporting cast did exist including all the politicians, cabinet members, generals, etc. The 13th amendment to the Constitution banning slavery did pass, Lincoln was assassinated, and the Union did defeat the Confederacy.
It is also true that Lincoln did work to promote the passage of the 13thamendment. However, as Thomas DiLorenzo has shown, Lincoln worked for the passage of the 13th amendment in 1861 That 13th amendment would havebanned the federal government from interfering with states that permitted slavery if it has been ratified. Furthermore, he shows that there is no hard evidence that Lincoln worked for the passage of the 13th amendment in 1865 whichprohibited slavery in all states.
As you can see, the real version of events would not have made for a good movie. In fact, the real Lincoln would not make for any kind of pleasant movie. He was a loser politician married to a crazy woman, who unexpectedly found success because the nation splintered into four political parties, handing him the election.
Lincoln was famous for telling people what they wanted to hear. He would often claim to support one position on an issue to one group of people and claim to support the opposite position to another group of people. He was the classic flip-flopper often supporting numerous positions on an issue over his political career. No good material for a movie here.
That is why they were forced to rely on Doris Kearns-Goodwin’s book Team of Rivals, and to even use that book selectively as the basis of the movie. Kearns-Goodwin is an admitted plagiarist who has stolen material from three books. I’m not going to buy one of her books to find out what "she wrote," but it would make sense that Spielberg would rely on her. She has made a career out of making the leading scoundrels of American history look very good.
http://lewrockwell.com/thornton/thornton53.1.html

Werbung:
he was a textbook racist and went out of his way to NOT emancipate slaves in the remaining Union states.

he was happy to kill 500k+ just to further the renamed Whig party. the guy was the Pol Pot of his day.

he was a textbook racist and went out of his way to NOT emancipate slaves in the remaining Union states.

he was happy to kill 500k+ just to further the renamed Whig party. the guy was the Pol Pot of his day.

Yes...Dishonest Abe was the worst. He was a traitor to our nation. The definitition of treason is defined in the Constitution Section 3 article 3....reads....

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them (meaning the sovereign states of the United States), or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attained.

As such, Lincoln's actions clearly fit the definition of treason. He is the worse American traitor in all American history and yet amazingly, this disgusting murderer and tyrant is admired by millions of Americans. Just shows how the p-schools are nothing more than indoctrination centers.

And the new estimate of deaths in the War of Northern Aggression is 750,000 and may be closer to 800,000.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/03/s...0-percent-in-new-estimate.html?pagewanted=all

Yes...Dishonest Abe was the worst. He was a traitor to our nation. The definitition of treason is defined in the Constitution Section 3 article 3....reads....

As such, Lincoln's actions clearly fit the definition of treason. He is the worse American traitor in all American history and yet amazingly, this disgusting murderer and tyrant is admired by millions of Americans. Just shows how the p-schools are nothing more than indoctrination centers.

And the new estimate of deaths in the War of Northern Aggression is 750,000 and may be closer to 800,000.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/03/s...0-percent-in-new-estimate.html?pagewanted=all

it would be nice if the schools were honest about how little northeners cares about slavery. the only reason Lincoln the Devil cared was those damn slaves registered as population. in ways that only harmed the north.

The stuff you two are discussing does not merit a response but it is very scary

No wonder it is so easy for cunts like Bush to garner support for murdering Muslims

The stuff you two are discussing does not merit a response but it is very scary

No wonder it is so easy for cunts like Bush to garner support for murdering Muslims

The truth is scary to limited minds.

Many on the right never supported Bush's war in Iraq...is that news to you?

This is probably news to you too...Bush is a progressive just like you and your Messiah.:eek:

it would be nice if the schools were honest about how little northeners cares about slavery. the only reason Lincoln the Devil cared was those damn slaves registered as population. in ways that only harmed the north.
History writes nice things about people who win wars, and bad things about leaders who loose wars.

You may have learned about Richard the Lion-Hearted, who hated and killed massive numbers of Jews in England. But did you know he failed to conquer Jerusalem from Saladin, a Kurdish, Sunni, Muslim. (did you learn that in history class?) Deja vous , except the names and religions have changed places. Why do we even care about the Eastern Mediterranean countries? History lies, modern news services lies too.

It would be nice is schools were honest about any history. The most valuable thing I learned in high school was shop class (you know where you learn to use wood working tools).

How many people use calculus? Or quadratic equations? I never use that advanced math and I am a registered civil engineer. Heck, I can hardly write with a pen or pencil anymore - I use the computer or smart phone for everything.

Werbung:
History writes nice things about people who win wars, and bad things about leaders who loose wars.

You may have learned about Richard the Lion-Hearted, who hated and killed massive numbers of Jews in England. But did you know he failed to conquer Jerusalem from Saladin, a Kurdish, Sunni, Muslim. (did you learn that in history class?) Deja vous , except the names and religions have changed places. Why do we even care about the Eastern Mediterranean countries? History lies, modern news services lies too.

It would be nice is schools were honest about any history. The most valuable thing I learned in high school was shop class (you know where you learn to use wood working tools).

How many people use calculus? Or quadratic equations? I never use that advanced math and I am a registered civil engineer. Heck, I can hardly write with a pen or pencil anymore - I use the computer or smart phone for everything.

funny you mention this as the fawning historians who crafted the Lincoln myth took great pride referring to him as a dictator. it was viewed as a positive not even a hundred years after the country revolting against its dictatorial English king.

Back