Stock market up 108%

I'm not sure just where you got your numbers, but the fact is that, when amnesty passed back in the '80s, the river of illegals reached flood stage.

I said 3k but meant 3 million under Reagan. They had to have been here since before 1982. The law was written in 1986.

Back in the beginning of 2000, they were talking about how there were 11 or 12 million illegals here. That was
almost 13 years ago. They are still using that number. It doesn't compute when there are estimates of anywhere from 500k to 6.5 million coming across the southern border every year.

Werbung:
I said 3k but meant 3 million under Reagan. They had to have been here since before 1982. The law was written in 1986.

Back in the beginning of 2000, they were talking about how there were 11 or 12 million illegals here. That was
almost 13 years ago. They are still using that number. It doesn't compute when there are estimates of anywhere from 500k to 6.5 million coming across the southern border every year.

No doubt there are more now than there were back 13 years ago, but no one really knows how many there are now, or were before. They are illegal, after all, and not subject to a census.

The three million sounds like it could be in the ballpark.

The problem with having to have been here since before 1982 is that many (again, who knows the real number) came here hoping to be able to fake having been here since then. They weren't exactly in compliance with our laws anyway. Amnesty was the motivation for many illegals to come here. Should it pass again, there is no reason to think that the outcome will be any different.

Should it pass again, there is no reason to think that the outcome will be any different.
Correct .....

However, the outcome was turning California into a blue state and ultimately California becoming the liberal utopia it is today. This clearly benefited the Marxist Democrats in California. If amnesty is passed on a National level one can reasonably expect the outcome to be the same for the entire Country.

For California was once a pretty red state in presidential politics. Before 1994, Republicans carried this state in nine of 12 post-World War II national elections. But the GOP has not won here since, and the only top-of-ticket statewide victories by a Republican in that time were those of Arnold Schwarzenegger, whose movie stardom and centrist politics won him many non-GOP votes.

http://www.californiafocus.net/2013/09/immigration-may-turn-other-red-states.html

Back in 1994, the voters of California decided something needed to be done to stop illegal immigration, since the federal government was failing to protect the integrity of the border. So they passed Proposition 187, which was part of the aptly named Save Our State (SOS) initiative.

Incredibly, 78 percent of Republicans, 62 percent of Independents and 36 percent of Democrats helped approve Prop. 187, which passed with 59 percent of vote.

Indeed, the citizens of California decided to send an SOS to the rest of America when it came to actual problems and costs of allowing illegal immigration to remain an unattended problem.

It passed because taxpaying citizens of California were tired of footing the bill to pay for public services for the families of illegal aliens. Prop. 187 would have included a state-run citizenship screening system had it been put in place. It would have prohibited illegal aliens from using public education, health care and other social services.

Guess what happened next? Three days after a 59-41 victory for Prop. 187, a federal judge issued a temporary restraining order against the institution of the popular SOS measures. Gov. Pete Wilson appealed the decision, but by 1999 he was out of that position. Then, Democratic Gov. Gray Davis dropped the appeal in the infamously anti-American 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, effectively killing a popular ballot measure.

In reality, it was the death of California

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/amnesty-turning-u-s-into-california/#J58DZfM5UDMKpQLW.99

Correct .....

However, the outcome was turning California into a blue state and ultimately California becoming the liberal utopia it is today. This clearly benefited the Marxist Democrats in California. If amnesty is passed on a National level one can reasonably expect the outcome to be the same for the entire Country.

For California was once a pretty red state in presidential politics. Before 1994, Republicans carried this state in nine of 12 post-World War II national elections. But the GOP has not won here since, and the only top-of-ticket statewide victories by a Republican in that time were those of Arnold Schwarzenegger, whose movie stardom and centrist politics won him many non-GOP votes.

http://www.californiafocus.net/2013/09/immigration-may-turn-other-red-states.html

Back in 1994, the voters of California decided something needed to be done to stop illegal immigration, since the federal government was failing to protect the integrity of the border. So they passed Proposition 187, which was part of the aptly named Save Our State (SOS) initiative.

Incredibly, 78 percent of Republicans, 62 percent of Independents and 36 percent of Democrats helped approve Prop. 187, which passed with 59 percent of vote.

Indeed, the citizens of California decided to send an SOS to the rest of America when it came to actual problems and costs of allowing illegal immigration to remain an unattended problem.

It passed because taxpaying citizens of California were tired of footing the bill to pay for public services for the families of illegal aliens. Prop. 187 would have included a state-run citizenship screening system had it been put in place. It would have prohibited illegal aliens from using public education, health care and other social services.

Guess what happened next? Three days after a 59-41 victory for Prop. 187, a federal judge issued a temporary restraining order against the institution of the popular SOS measures. Gov. Pete Wilson appealed the decision, but by 1999 he was out of that position. Then, Democratic Gov. Gray Davis dropped the appeal in the infamously anti-American 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, effectively killing a popular ballot measure.

In reality, it was the death of California

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/amnesty-turning-u-s-into-california/#J58DZfM5UDMKpQLW.99

Interestingly enough, the Central Valley, where most of the illegals now live, is still quite red. It is the urban areas (LA and SF, but mostly the latter) that is overwhelmingly Democrat.

Illegals don't vote. You may think t hey do, but the reality is that they lay low, keeping out of the radar of the Migra, and probably wouldn't bother to vote anyway.

Interestingly enough, the Central Valley, where most of the illegals now live, is still quite red. It is the urban areas (LA and SF, but mostly the latter) that is overwhelmingly Democrat.

Illegals don't vote. You may think t hey do, but the reality is that they lay low, keeping out of the radar of the Migra, and probably wouldn't bother to vote anyway.
Obviously the data does not support your misunderstood opinion!

I've lived in Calif. my whole life. I was born here. We have always had a migrant population because of our agriculture. I've posted this before, all you need to do is look at a California census record going back into the 1800's, and you will find a large majority of people living here with Spanish surnames.

Mexicans are one of the more conservative, religious, family centered groups here. California is not blue because of them.

I've lived in Calif. my whole life. I was born here. We have always had a migrant population because of our agriculture. I've posted this before, all you need to do is look at a California census record going back into the 1800's, and you will find a large majority of people living here with Spanish surnames.

Mexicans are one of the more conservative, religious, family centered groups here. California is not blue because of them.
I am not sure what you are missing here Cru ....

All the data on this topic suggest otherwise. The black population in this Country at it's core is also "conservative, religious, family centered" . Go to any of the black churches an you will see this. Their problems boil down to broken families and government dependence all caused by leftist policies yet they still voted for Obama to the tune of some 93%.

Children Of Latino Immigrants Skew Even More Democratic Than Parents, Study Says

And, there is this from WND ....

“The ’86 amnesty transformed the political landscape in California, which swung from red to solidly blue on the strength of newly naturalized Hispanic voters and their citizen children. (As of 2009, about 40 percent of amnesty recipients have become citizens.) And in 2012, 70 percent of Hispanic voters – some of whom were naturalized through amnesty, or are related to people who were – voted for Barack Obama over Mitt Romney, painting a worrisome picture for the Republican Party, which has had trouble making inroads with the fast-growing demographic.”

So the 1986 amnesty basically worked to dispossess one group of Californians, the same people who had worked to create much of the ideological blueprints for the Reagan Revolution, and instead created a one-party leftist state that high-income earners like golfer Phil Mickelson are seeking escape.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/amnesty-turning-u-s-into-california/#o3xQX8wjy8OpX2Vx.99

Blacks may have been conservative at one point, but how do you explain 93% of them voting the Democrat ticket?

I blame a lot of the wackiness in California on Hollywood, San Francisco/Berkley and Los Angeles. Especially since the 60's/70's hippies. The fact that there are more illegals today can be said across the country. Our liberal policies and weather only attract more.

Blacks may have been conservative at one point, but how do you explain 93% of them voting the Democrat ticket?

I blame a lot of the wackiness in California on Hollywood, San Francisco/Berkley and Los Angeles. Especially since the 60's/70's hippies. The fact that there are more illegals today can be said across the country. Our liberal policies and weather only attract more.
There is no logical explanation for blacks to continue voting democrat ..... that's the point.

You are correct about where California is getting it's wackiness. The increase in hispanic voters keep these wacki leftist in power.

Said data is posted above .... the rest of the data can be found under google on your toolbar.
Oh. In othe words, you can't back up what you said, and want me to try to do it. Well, I can't do that, because I'm at least 99% sure that you're wrong.

California is a blue state, to be sure, but the counties in the Central Valley, where most of the illegals live, are not blue. I know. I live here. I have just challenged you to prove me wrong, and you've come back to say that you can't.

Oh. In othe words, you can't back up what you said, and want me to try to do it. Well, I can't do that, because I'm at least 99% sure that you're wrong.

California is a blue state, to be sure, but the counties in the Central Valley, where most of the illegals live, are not blue. I know. I live here. I have just challenged you to prove me wrong, and you've come back to say that you can't.
No .... that's not what I said. I said the data you requested is already posted in the comments above. I chose not to repost it for you.

And, considering Hispanics In California Will Soon Be A Majority predicted to be as soon as next year, I find it interesting that you would even argue that the Hispanic vote is irrelevant in turning and keeping California a blue state.

No .... that's not what I said. I said the data you requested is already posted in the comments above. I chose not to repost it for you.

And, considering Hispanics In California Will Soon Be A Majority predicted to be as soon as next year, I find it interesting that you would even argue that the Hispanic vote is irrelevant in turning and keeping California a blue state.

I'm aware that Hispanics will soon be a majority in California. I live in a town that would be a ghost town without its Hispanics. I've been a minority for most of my adult life, as a matter of fact.

Of course, "Hispanic" is not synonymous with "illegal alien", but that's another issue.

Oh, and this little town is smack in the middle of the Central Valley, which is redder than most of Texas, or at least as red.

Here, maybe this will help you visualize it:

PoliticalGeogFigure-4_web.png

It's just that those blue areas are where most of the population lives.

Werbung:
I'm aware that Hispanics will soon be a majority in California. I live in a town that would be a ghost town without its Hispanics. I've been a minority for most of my adult life, as a matter of fact.

Of course, "Hispanic" is not synonymous with "illegal alien", but that's another issue.

Oh, and this little town is smack in the middle of the Central Valley, which is redder than most of Texas, or at least as red.

Here, maybe this will help you visualize it:

PoliticalGeogFigure-4_web.png

It's just that those blue areas are where most of the population lives.
I am well aware of the population lay out of California. My point is and remains that once Amnesty was passed in California hispanic voters changed California into a blue state and to this day continue to make California a blue state.

If amnesty is passed on a national level the same results can be expected for the US!

Back